School Buses

I came across a few brand new 2010 Chevrolet Thomas Minotours. These are the single rear wheel model. Thomas has updated their design with new C2 style tail lights, and taller passenger windows. Pretty nice looking if you ask me. I included pictures of the new and old model for comparison. The first photo is a 2007 Chevrolet minotour (old style roofcap), The second and third photo are a 2008 GMC Minotour (new roofcap, old design windows and tail lights), and the last photos are the 2010 Chevrolet Minotour (C2 lights, taller windows)

They got some Dual rear ones too.. I saw them being delivered. (Fleet numbers on the hood, but no STOCK Decals at the time I saw them....)

also... I have noticed that they have white strobe lights on the roof. I wonder what thats all about??

They got some Dual rear ones too.. I saw them being delivered. (Fleet numbers on the hood, but no STOCK Decals at the time I saw them....)

also... I have noticed that they have white strobe lights on the roof. I wonder what thats all about??

These must be the ones that you saw... I am not sure what the white strobes are about, but I know that all Ontario buses have been coming with spotlights above the passenger door for the past 2 years, as with these buses. These are the Thomas Minotour EL (flat floor/lift equipped model). You can tell by the large gap between the rear bumper and rear emergency door (which is at floor level). They also got a few more new C2's.

buses_478.jpg

buses_474.jpg

buses_476.jpg

buses_475.jpg

buses_472.jpg

buses_477.jpg

These must be the ones that you saw... I am not sure what the white strobes are about, but I know that all Ontario buses have been coming with spotlights above the passenger door for the past 2 years, as with these buses. These are the Thomas Minotour EL (flat floor/lift equipped model). You can tell by the large gap between the rear bumper and rear emergency door (which is at floor level). They also got a few more new C2's.

:o Not all school buses arriving, and now in use have the strobes or the spotlight over the front doors. We (Sharp Bus Lines) just recieved over 300 new buses for this school year, some came with roof strobes, but none came with the spotlight over the door. I think the spotlight is an option the operator chooses. The strobe on the roof, thats up to the school board the operator services. Grand Erie DSB & Brant-Haldimand-Norfolk Catholic SB dont require either, but First Student buses have the spotlight on their buses. Attridge and Caledonia buses dont have the spotlights on their buses i have seen, but its not to say they dont use them elsewhere

:o Not all school buses arriving, and now in use have the strobes or the spotlight over the front doors. We (Sharp Bus Lines) just recieved over 300 new buses for this school year, some came with roof strobes, but none came with the spotlight over the door. I think the spotlight is an option the operator chooses. The strobe on the roof, thats up to the school board the operator services. Grand Erie DSB & Brant-Haldimand-Norfolk Catholic SB dont require either, but First Student buses have the spotlight on their buses. Attridge and Caledonia buses dont have the spotlights on their buses i have seen, but its not to say they dont use them elsewhere

Ok Ill rephrase myself, all of the buses in my general area, with the main companies being First Student and Stock....have been coming with the light above the door. I can't believe I was mistaken, how silly since I took so many photos of the new Sharp buses this summer when they were at the dealer. Here are a few.

buses_256.jpg

buses_257.jpg

buses_258.jpg

Ok Ill rephrase myself, all of the buses in my general area, with the main companies being First Student and Stock....have been coming with the light above the door. I can't believe I was mistaken, how silly since I took so many photos of the new Sharp buses this summer when they were at the dealer. Here are a few.

:P its all good. Yes, I will agree with you, that First student has them, but the Stock division in Nanticoke doesn't have, BUT I didnt look closely at the C2's, and haven't seen any in a while... Most of those mini buses you seen, are now in Vaughan, and some went to kitchener. Moved 4 of them myself... oh my, it was a long summer.

on an aside, how did you get inside the Girardin compound???? :o nice pics too!!

It seems First Student in Calgary has picked up some of those new Ford Corbeil cutaway buses like the ones Southland picked up earlier this year. Here's a pic of a Southland unit. The First Student units have not been numbered and decalled yet and I was not able to get an image of them, but there are 5 of them that I could see.

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=I...tation_3591.jpg

Ok here is a special treat for all of you school bus fans! I did a whole lot of scanning today and I scanned some rare buses that I had photographs of, as well as ALL of my photos from my visit to Calgary in 1998. They are all photos from Cardinal, except for Southland 596 and 361. Feel free t use any of these photos in the wiki. Here is the link to my Calgary Album. http://rides.webshots.com/album/578662686yHSlJu

Here are some interesting old photos of Ontario buses that I scanned. The little boy in front of the '94 Ford Corbeil (#1852) is me when I was 4, and that was my Grandma's brand new bus at the time.

044_44.jpg

036_36.jpg

92.JPG

038_38.jpg

040_40.jpg

041_41.jpg

045_45.jpg

039_39.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Very nice pic :P It looks like an air brake model..... where would this coach be used??
Sorry, I really do not know what they are using that particular unit for at this time.

Here are a couple more random School bus photos taken during my trip to Saskatchewan and Manitoba last week. Most were shots taken on the highway from the hybrid vehicle I was riding in with my friend.

171010_1393vision.jpg

171010_1394wayne.jpg

171010_1500prairie.jpg

171010_1572ford_superior.jpg

Sorry, I really do not know what they are using that particular unit for at this time.

Here are a couple more random School bus photos taken during my trip to Saskatchewan and Manitoba last week. Most were shots taken on the highway from the hybrid vehicle I was riding in with my friend.

I love that little old Ford Superior! If I ever get enough money I want to restore an old bus and save it from the scrapper.

Now those are rather interesting looking for a smaller School bus. I think I like them.

There is something appealing about it, but it still looks a bit big, and those sealed beam headlights look out of date compared to those on the CE. They will more expensive than a regular cutaway, apparently about $75,000, and they still cannot compete with any single rear wheel model out there. I will make my final judgement once I've seen the interior.