School Buses

• Board Admin

School's out for the summer.

The Golden Arrow lot by Belvedere has a varying number of buses - one time just one Freightliner/Thomas, one time three of them, and today two of them with a small Blue Bird/Ford minibus.

The Laidlaw lot seems to have all their buses in it, and Edmonton Christian Schools' lot is also full. Though their Thomas Vista which I've seen around isn't there. I wanted to get pictures of that thing, since the rear had the larger reverse light.

• 6 months later...

Hybrid school buses are out! Kelowna is the first place to operate these new buses, which can reduce emissions to about 90%. The cost, however, is around $240,000, which is reported to be $50,000 over the average price for a school bus. When the bus brakes, it recharges itself.

Hybrid school buses are out! Kelowna is the first place to operate these new buses, which can reduce emissions to about 90%. The cost, however, is around $240,000, which is reported to be $50,000 over the average price for a school bus. When the bus brakes, it recharges itself.

Awesome. Just like transit hybrids.

• 3 months later...

Greetings from Toronto! I am a newly hired driver here for Stock Transportation and would like to share some pics with you. when i take them of course!

heres is a glamour shot i actually found online.... bus 2255... My bus is 2256 same as that one.... (for now at least.... shes a spare unit) 12 years and still kicking strong!

School_bus_03.jpg

Edited by OriOn VII 7551

Greetings from Toronto! I am a newly hired driver here for Stock Transportation and would like to share some pics with you. when i take them of course!

Here is my Unit (for the time being... shes a spare) 2256. Its a glamour shot i actually found online.... but its my bus... 12 years and still kicking strong!

Kewl. Looks like the one in the photo is #2255 however....

heres is a glamour shot i actually found online.... bus 2255... My bus is 2256 same as that one.... (for now at least.... shes a spare unit) 12 years and still kicking strong!

Well, I hope your division area will treat you very well. Where I worked last year in Oakville division had too many office politics and the fleets are junk!

Usually Toronto area have newer buses as the school board pays more.

Well, I hope your division area will treat you very well. Where I worked last year in Oakville division had too many office politics and the fleets are junk!

Usually Toronto area have newer buses as the school board pays more.

Its not bad... im in toronto north div. we have 40 gasoline engine buses which are thomas minitours (single rear axle) on new GMC/Chevy chasis. (like the one in my avatar) Very nice buses. but hard to get a hold of. as there are 260 drivers in my division. but i would say the avrage age of the fleet is 7-8 years. besides my beast of course.... and i am told new buses are coming in july..... maybe Ford super duty van chasis....

• 3 weeks later...
Its not bad... im in toronto north div. we have 40 gasoline engine buses which are thomas minitours (single rear axle) on new GMC/Chevy chasis. (like the one in my avatar) Very nice buses. but hard to get a hold of. as there are 260 drivers in my division. but i would say the avrage age of the fleet is 7-8 years. besides my beast of course.... and i am told new buses are coming in july..... maybe Ford super duty van chasis....

I think you'll be getting Ford/Thomas as Stock seems to be having a huge deal with Thomas buses. Already they've received their C2 model last year.

• 6 months later...

Any idea what fleet numbers these buses are? I was in Kelowna recently and got a few photos of some newer School Buses for School District #23 Central Okanagan including an IC rear engine unit.

I assume those are the IC ones I read about a while ago.

Most hybrids have regenerative braking.

And I wonder if my Attached image is one of those new Cheese Wagon Hybrids? :-p

171108_2998bc7234.jpg

• 1 month later...
Feels weird that I'm starting to get into the School Bus thing. It was just last week where school buses were weird... I guess the Transit Strike has taken an effect on me.

Today Spotting: STOCK 2008 Saf-T-Liner C2 #7737 at the Gloucester Centre, in Ottawa, Ontario

Thomas_SafTLinerC2.png

Point55. :(

It's 2007 model. They've ordered about at least over 50 or so all over Ontario.

Correct. I think you can also say that's a 2009 unit but don't quote me on that...(and that would only be if FSC is keeping the same number format)

I think the unit is either 2008 or 2009, since (I think) they were put in service only this school season. I only started seeing them after September.

• 1 month later...