PRESTO - GTA Discussion

ORION

I just got a renewed credit card in the mail, trying to figure where the hell to enter the new expiry date on presto site for my 12 month TTC pass subscription...

Called Presto they said i have to wait until the 21st when the TTC monthly passes are available... But i'm not buying a pass, I just want to update the billing and dont want to screw up the 12 month cycle and be charged some kind of penalty.

What a bloody convoluted system...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MK78 said:

I just got a renewed credit card in the mail, trying to figure where the hell to enter the new expiry date on presto site for my 12 month TTC pass subscription...

Called Presto they said i have to wait until the 21st when the TTC monthly passes are available... But i'm not buying a pass, I just want to update the billing and dont want to screw up the 12 month cycle and be charged some kind of penalty.

What a bloody convoluted system...

Same place you'd do it for Autoloads. And it changes all the cards in your account. It's an account setting not a card setting.

So if you log into your account. And then go to Manage (on the top bar) and then Saved Payment Method Settings under Quick Links on the left-hand side. Chen Click on Change in Current Payment Method ... it should take you into a dialogue to enter all your card information (your name, card number, expiration date, security code).

I've done it a couple of times now with no issues.

And of course, you can do it anytime ... today is March 10, so it should be ready by the time the April one gets charge in about 10 days or so ...

But I don't have autoloads set set up... does that matter? If I set one up just for kicks, will it not mess up my ttc 12 month automatic reloads?

And I don't have a saved payment method configured. it seems.

4 hours ago, MK78 said:

But I don't have autoloads set set up... does that matter? If I set one up just for kicks, will it not mess up my ttc 12 month automatic reloads?

And I don't have a saved payment method configured. it seems.

My card has both autoloads (for GO Transit) and the TTC 12-month pass. No issues.

But hang on ... now I'm wondering. Yours is blank? It's possible there's 2 places for card settings. One under the Autoload and the other under the 12-month pass setttings, that you can only adjust after the 21st of the month. Gosh, have they really been that daft?

Hmm ... I haven't changed my card since I got the 12-month pass.

If all has changed is your expiry date, normally the bank will let such charges pass through okay for a month or two. I'd wait until later in the month and check those settings. I don't seem to be able to get too deep in them right now - but it's only the tenth of the month.

Yeah, i don't have the autoload enabled for the regular card balance... I have like $20 on it and i don't usually take GO transit or other GTA transit agencies, so i figured it was redundant...

I'll wait until the 21st and see if some other option appears. A friend of mine had their autoload fail after not updating the expiry, after he was let to believe that the information was automatically updated now.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about the TTC 12 month pass, if they may allow us to cancel it or suspend it? My credit card is expired so I may have lucked out, so it may not renew for next month hopefully...

17 hours ago, MK78 said:

Thanks, i missed it.

Today's the last day to do it for the annual pass! And with no penalty, I think everyone should be doing it - unless they literally work in a hospital and use transit daily or something.

It was very easy to do from my Presto account.

The deadline has already passed for the monthly autorenewal.

Yeah, I cancelled it yesterday. I got the email that they will call to collect the owing amount, but I'm sure they didn't modify that in time. I was nearing the end of my term but still not gonna need it anyway. Since my work is shut down, I won't need to use the TTC, since we do have a car in our household to get groceries. Who knows when things will return to normal enough to need a 12 month discount plan. I'll just use the regular auto load.

Term Length: 12 Month(s)
Current Term Position: 10 Month(s)
Start Date: 2019/06/01
End Date: 2020/03/31
Accumulated Discount: $ 126.40

13 hours ago, nfitz said:

Today's the last day to do it for the annual pass! And with no penalty, I think everyone should be doing it - unless they literally work in a hospital and use transit daily or something.

It was very easy to do from my Presto account.

The deadline has already passed for the monthly autorenewal.

Who knows how long groceries and fast food restaurants will stay open. Riders working in those low wage business still represent a portion of the riders.

9 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Who knows how long groceries and fast food restaurants will stay open. Riders working in those low wage business still represent a portion of the riders.

Have they closed grocery stores in any nation under lockdown? Even in Italy, at the heart of the pandemic, they've got grocery stores open. Closing them sounds like a recipe for disaster - the indications are that at best we'll be stuck in the eye of the storm for at least a few months, what is everyone who doesn't grow their own food to do?

5 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Have they closed grocery stores in any nation under lockdown? Even in Italy, at the heart of the pandemic, they've got grocery stores open. Closing them sounds like a recipe for disaster - the indications are that at best we'll be stuck in the eye of the storm for at least a few months, what is everyone who doesn't grow their own food to do?

In New York the area that is locked down has national guard troops handing out food.

https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/governor-newsom-deploys-california-national-guard-to-help-distribute-food-at-food-banks/

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

In New York the area that is locked down has national guard troops handing out food.

https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/governor-newsom-deploys-california-national-guard-to-help-distribute-food-at-food-banks/

That's just for food banks though. I don't see anything in here about grocery stores.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone topped off their Presto card within the Presto app, with the Apple Pay option?

Yesterday I took the TTC for the first time since late March, and I had cancelled my monthly passes then, and had maybe $12 or so on the card.

I loaded $20 via Apple Pay, and it said it tap on a presto device to complete the load process. I took a bus maybe an hour later, and the tap did register on presto site, but both the app and the site say the $20 load is still pending.

9 hours ago, MK78 said:

Has anyone topped off their Presto card within the Presto app, with the Apple Pay option?

Yesterday I took the TTC for the first time since late March, and I had cancelled my monthly passes then, and had maybe $12 or so on the card.

I loaded $20 via Apple Pay, and it said it tap on a presto device to complete the load process. I took a bus maybe an hour later, and the tap did register on presto site, but both the app and the site say the $20 load is still pending.

It didn't ask you to tap your card on the phone?

If it didn't, then it can take up to 24-hours to get to the machine you used to tap at ... and buses rarely take only an hour.

18 hours ago, nfitz said:

It didn't ask you to tap your card on the phone?

If it didn't, then it can take up to 24-hours to get to the machine you used to tap at ... and buses rarely take only an hour.

It said something about that, but I didn't think that it was available on the iPhone, only Android...

I still had money on it so I was able to board, but that didn't trigger the loading of the funds, after adding $20 via Apple Pay about an hour before.

Anyway, I went again this morning and it finally loaded the funds. I just set up auto pay now from credit card.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Oc4526 said:

Brampton Transit is installing some new readers. 
per this tweet 

I've been tapping my whole wallet on the new readers that GO Transit has been rolling out with no problem so far.  I remember in London using their Oyster card being warned about "Card Clash" when the reader would try and deduct fares from whatever card(s) were within range.  Then again, you could pay with a credit card at that point.  Once PRESTO evolves to more open payment, then it will become more of an issue.  Might as well start training the public now I guess!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gil said:

I've been tapping my whole wallet on the new readers that GO Transit has been rolling out with no problem so far.  I remember in London using their Oyster card being warned about "Card Clash" when the reader would try and deduct fares from whatever card(s) were within range.  Then again, you could pay with a credit card at that point.  Once PRESTO evolves to more open payment, then it will become more of an issue.  Might as well start training the public now I guess!

I was lazy once, and it detected the forgotten extra senior's Presto Card in the middle of my wallet, rather than the regular one with a pass at the front of the wallet.

Also, they've already done some Debit/Credit tests ... who knows when it will be testing something, and there's some clash.

• 1 month later...

Presto E-Tickets mobile app has been made available with Durham Region Transit along with Hamilton Street Railway for those who don't have a Presto card or travelling in a group and prefer getting the ticket discount versus paying cash.

Especially with the COVID-19 pandemic, transit agencies are looking for contactless ways to accommodate fare payments. 

https://blog.metrolinx.com/2020/09/01/a-new-cashless-way-to-pay-presto-introduces-presto-e-tickets-for-durham-and-hamilton/ 

• Like 1

Well this is bizarre. I've used the TTC sparingly in the past couple months due to corona, maybe 4-5 times, and I set up an autoload to load $20 when balance drops below $10.

Last ride taken August 24th, balance after $3.20 fare paid was $19.58.

Yesterday (September 8th), I took a ride in the morning, and a fare load appears on my account of $55.32 (bizarre amount, can you even load fare with dollar & cent amounts?), and the $3.20 fare was paid.

I checked my credit card (which is the payment method for autoload), and no charge or pending charge listed from Presto. The auto-load was also successfully used once before to load $20 when balance dropped below $10, with the payment properly charged to my card.

Has anyone had this happen?

4 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Well this is bizarre. I've used the TTC sparingly in the past couple months due to corona, maybe 4-5 times, and I set up an autoload to load $20 when balance drops below $10.

Last ride taken August 24th, balance after $3.20 fare paid was $19.58.

Yesterday (September 8th), I took a ride in the morning, and a fare load appears on my account of $55.32 (bizarre amount, can you even load fare with dollar & cent amounts?), and the $3.20 fare was paid.

I checked my credit card (which is the payment method for autoload), and no charge or pending charge listed from Presto. The auto-load was also successfully used once before to load $20 when balance dropped below $10, with the payment properly charged to my card.

Has anyone had this happen?

Did you have a pass in March or April? It's probably the refund. They started trickling out a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.ttc.ca/News/2020/August/21_08_20NR_presto_credit.jsp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1