D40LF

Whats up with the board

22 hours ago, Thomasw said:

WTF that’s so wierd.

On my computer the first image on these would not show up but now on my phone they do. 

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.

Lesson learned, my computer is a worthless piece of trash and I should stick to using my phone.

No worries! It may have had to do with the cacheing on the computer browser. To re-generate, part of my process is to reload the page.

I appreciate you reporting the issue.

I've noticed this on my phone a few weeks ago and thought I had accidentally messed up some display settings. Some pages appear fine, others (even the same one if I come back later) have the icons replaced with random text or other icons as if you switched some text from Wingdings (where you'd find the icons) into regular text.

IMG_20191115_210844.png

IMG_20191115_210955.png

IMG_20191115_211043.png

On 11/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, Gil said:

I've noticed this on my phone a few weeks ago and thought I had accidentally messed up some display settings. Some pages appear fine, others (even the same one if I come back later) have the icons replaced with random text or other icons as if you switched some text from Wingdings (where you'd find the icons) into regular text.

Is that a BlackBerry? :P

The theme does use characters, eg. from Font Awesome, so your browser/device might need to support that font or the ability to download it through the linked file.

I did perform an update on the software today, though, so I am not sure if that will help.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:24 AM, A. Wong said:

Is that a BlackBerry? :P

The theme does use characters, eg. from Font Awesome, so your browser/device might need to support that font or the ability to download it through the linked file.

I did perform an update on the software today, though, so I am not sure if that will help.

Yes, yes it is!  (Call me a sucker for anything Canadian!) 

It's a relatively recent problem only going back the few weeks, so unless there was an upgrade around that time this is the first time I've had issues with it.  Haven't noticed a problem so far, so that may have cleared things up.  Thanks!

This TTC Orion VII Retirements thread post keeps varying in font size depending on whether I log in or not.

When I'm signed out, the font appears perfectly normal. However, when I'm actually signed in, the font gets much larger. 

Here's some photos:

AB7261FC-F45B-4690-8ACE-463761528D0F.png 

(Appearance when signed in)

8FEF4BCD-42C8-4AB6-970B-B1AF69C6E112.png

(what the post looks like when I'm signed out)

The text is formatted different in the post itself - I am guessing when you are logged out, it might not load the style for some reason? Not 100% sure though. Interesting.

I found that the Chameleon theme was the only one that showed the post with the normal small font whether I was logged in or not.

I tried the blue and red themes while logged out and it resulted in the post having the big font I saw while being logged in with both those themes enabled.

I think it's more of an issue with the themes themselves.

Everything seems to be in working order.  Thanks Ashton for all of your dedication in keeping CPTBD running and for all you do for the CPTDB community. ♥

• Like 6

There is some unread thread in the western US page but everything has been read

B0DDBE74-4891-4844-A42B-6623C6206FD9.thumb.png.5df365de31ef61dd6e81bd9e3289c888.png

046CEB30-225B-412F-8125-881913F9B157.thumb.png.e0beb26076234d108a552597a785d641.png

6DDBCB71-A658-40E5-8D8C-789AF358E412.thumb.png.08b2f010a5fba253e4053d7c870e46f6.png

Can you try to click on the red icon beside Western US to mark it as read? Or you may try to scroll to the bottom after you are done reading and "Mark Site Read".

On 1/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, A. Wong said:

Can you try to click on the red icon beside Western US to mark it as read? Or you may try to scroll to the bottom after you are done reading and "Mark Site Read".

I’ve just done that and it seems to be working. I just dont see how it happened in the first place.

How come threads are always listed as "NEW". Never really bugged me until now but they never go away.

Screenshot_20200418-140423_Samsung Internet.png

Screenshot_20200418-140358_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 4/18/2020 at 12:09 PM, Loud-Invero said:

How come threads are always listed as "NEW". Never really bugged me until now but they never go away.

Screenshot_20200418-140423_Samsung Internet.png

Screenshot_20200418-140358_Samsung Internet.jpg

Probably because there are some posts somewhere in the forum that weren't read. Usually if you click the "Mark site read" in the bottom right corner, those will go away and it starts again.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, A. Wong said:

Usually if you click the "Mark site read" in the bottom right corner, those will go away and it starts again.

That's what I do.  And I click 'unread content' the next time I log in.

Some interesting bugs I found:

When logged out, I noticed that the National Capital Region section has disappeared (tried refreshing and opening a new tab). However, when I log back in, it shows up fine. I was using that section earlier today while logged out and it was working fine.

Speaking of logging in, I noticed that I couldn't log in with either the red or blue themes. I have to go into the Chameleon theme and log in fron there.

This is a very minor bug, but I also noticed that all the sections just randomly had the word "New" next to them and they were bolded as if I hadn't read them.

F64CAA67-E745-486C-BA16-583A51D95641.png

51084C7F-6CED-4575-B993-1983E8F2441D.png

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Some interesting bugs I found:

When logged out, I noticed that the National Capital Region section has disappeared (tried refreshing and opening a new tab). However, when I log back in, it shows up fine. I was using that section earlier today while logged out and it was working fine.

I noticed that too. I have the National Capital Forum bookmarked on my computer, and when I went to it today (around 14:30), I got an error message. I went to the Forums Index and logged in, and the National Capital forum showed up fine.

Later on, I logged out and went back to the National Capital Forum, and it was missing again. I got a screen grab of the issue, which I put below.

image.thumb.png.41f171eb4e9987b3ebd5870f9214de6e.png

I then went to the Forums Index (around 16:00), and this is what the Forums Index looked like when I was logged out. Still no National Capital Forum visible in the Ontario Transit Discussion Forum.

image.thumb.png.31ab9fe24c9d43533e3bdac74cde78a7.png

22 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Speaking of logging in, I noticed that I couldn't log in with either the red or blue themes. I have to go into the Chameleon theme and log in from there.

This is a very minor bug, but I also noticed that all the sections just randomly had the word "New" next to them and they were bolded as if I hadn't read them.

Interestingly, I was able to log in with both the Red and Blue themes today. However, when I logged in with the Red and Blue themes, it automatically redirected me to the Chameleon theme. From there, I was able to then go to either the Red or Blue theme (once I was logged in). Once I logged out, it automatically took me back to either the Red or Blue theme (whichever theme I was on before logging in).

However, when I logged in, only some sections were bolded and had "New" next to them; not all of them. At least on my computer, only the content I actually had not read was bolded and marked "New".

16 hours ago, OC Transpo Route 95 said:

I noticed that too. I have the National Capital Forum bookmarked on my computer, and when I went to it today (around 14:30), I got an error message. I went to the Forums Index and logged in, and the National Capital forum showed up fine.

Later on, I logged out and went back to the National Capital Forum, and it was missing again. I got a screen grab of the issue, which I put below.

I can't speak for the moderators. But I suspect they may have changed the settings to make the National Capital Region forum visible only when members are logged in. If so, I have no issues with that.

I have noticed that there is one particular Ottawa board member (who regularly gets suspended) re-posting information that originated from this discussion board onto another discussion board without crediting the original poster or even asking the original poster for permission to re-post the information. I won't identify that board member by name, but some may know who I'm referring to. 

I don't know if that is the reason why the Forum is hidden, but I do think it would be a good reason to make it hidden to prevent information from being plagiarized elsewhere. 

• Thanks 4

Thanks for the reports. I've made it so that the forum appears while not logged in on the main page again. Content is not viewable for the time being.