D40LF

Whats up with the board

8 hours ago, A. Wong said:

Can you guys confirm that it is happening on mobile only? Seems to work OK on my computer when I try.

I don't know. It seems to have been fixed on Google Chrome for Windows...

When sending a photo of OC Transpo 4242 over personal message to someone else, I noticed that the photo came out with a very bad resolution. The photo originally looked great on my phone but now I can see that there are more pixels in the photo when uploaded here. Is there any way to rectify this?

Here it is:

A9396850-454C-41DF-BF49-9D6E23739B5D.jpeg

2 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

When sending a photo of OC Transpo 4242 over personal message to someone else, I noticed that the photo came out with a very bad resolution. The photo originally looked great on my phone but now I can see that there are more pixels in the photo when uploaded here. Is there any way to rectify this?

Here it is:

A9396850-454C-41DF-BF49-9D6E23739B5D.jpeg

This one was perfectly fine when I created it. Look at it now:

ZomboDroid 18062019224802.jpg

3 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

The board downscales photos, likely to save on storage space.

• Like 1

Just now, GrandeWest_B35G said:

This one was perfectly fine when I created it. Look at it now:

ZomboDroid 18062019224802.jpg

Looks extremely blurry on my end. My internet is decent (60 down 10 up) as well.

2 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Looks extremely blurry on my end. My internet is decent (60 down 10 up) as well.

The file size when I uploaded it was 1.3 MB, when I downloaded it just now, 20kb

3 hours ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

The new CPTDB is pretty darn cool! It will take a bit getting used to, though.

Thanks! We hope you like it. Changes always take some time to get used to but hopefully it is all for the better!

4 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

The board downscales photos, likely to save on storage space.

This is correct. Any images wider than 1280px or taller than 960px get resized to reduce disk space. CPTDB takes up over 72GB today. (I remember when hard drives were not even that large!) 

Since we do not really delete images except by request, I think we will need to keep the automatic resizing in place, especially because full size images may eat up 5MB or more per image. I may be willing to increase it a bit (eg. to 1600px wide) but disk space is finite and not unlimited.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

The file size when I uploaded it was 1.3 MB, when I downloaded it just now, 20kb

You can always host your image elsewhere and link to it here as well if you want full resolution photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

The new CPTDB is pretty darn cool! It will take a bit getting used to, though.

I don't find it horrible but I dislike it so far. I like the old theme and have switched back. I may try it again later on and see how I like it.

It may grow on me later on, who knows...

Not exactly sure why but I can't post on my laptop using chrome. I got no trouble on phone posting but the reply box doesn't exist when I use my computer. Might just be me and my settings but this hasn't been a issue until the past few days. 15611007875833095912226153664542.thumb.jpg.f5009f1894d9803c928bf4b2315860a6.jpg

On 6/21/2019 at 1:07 AM, Greatcoinz said:

Not exactly sure why but I can't post on my laptop using chrome. I got no trouble on phone posting but the reply box doesn't exist when I use my computer. Might just be me and my settings but this hasn't been a issue until the past few days. 15611007875833095912226153664542.thumb.jpg.f5009f1894d9803c928bf4b2315860a6.jpg

Strange - seems like the editor is not loading. Can you try to disable any adblockers, and see if that fixes it, or also try logging out and back in again?

I found a minor bug with the new update.

When I click the button on the far right to see a notification on mobile, the new notification shows that it has been already read (ie it is in normal font instead of being bolded) even though I never clicked on it. On the old version, I remember new notifications being bolder to signify that it had never been read.

Edit: seems to have gotten fixed...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I found a minor bug with the new update.

When I click the button on the far right to see a notification on mobile, the new notification shows that it has been already read (ie it is in normal font instead of being bolded) even though I never clicked on it. On the old version, I remember new notifications being bolder to signify that it had never been read.

Edit: seems to have gotten fixed...

Still doing that on and off for me. I also have troubles with having a notification marked as unread when I have checked it several times already (and marked that forum as read)

Try to log out and log back in, and/or clear your browser cookies.

Love the new update, but I have only one tiny complaint. After I react to a post, the reaction list stays up after I react. After a refresh it goes away. This happens only on mobile.

Also have been getting another weird problem, but this is before the update. If the "notify me of replies" switch is not green, a good chunck of my words disappear,  but a quote and about the first ten words remain. Again only on mobile, but it has happened on computer as well.

I reverted some things on the red theme, can you check again?

If not, can you try to see if the same problem exists on the Blue theme?

This pop up ad keeps coming up and redirecting me when I log into cptdb for IOS on safari, cleared history and it was good for a couple minutes then it came back 

it’s only on cptdb.ca, I tried with about 5 other websites and this didn’t pop up 

might just be me I’m not sure but figure I’d share this 

2F51F239-8D63-4A6A-9E6F-04ECC408E7A4.png

• Haha 1

Definitely looks fake, thanks for letting me know... please let me know if it continues, I don't have an iOS device to test with right now.

9 hours ago, A. Wong said:

Definitely looks fake, thanks for letting me know... please let me know if it continues, I don't have an iOS device to test with right now.

Just tried it on my iPhone 6 with the Safari browser... no kind of pop up scam ad showed up for me.