Whats up with the board

D40LF

22 hours ago, Transit geek said:

That has been really annoying because I religiously use the search feature. It's even more annoying than the message that says "We have a problem loading, please wait x number of seconds." (I know that there's a good reason for that, but if the admins want to entice people to use the search feature, maybe take it off?)

I have noticed that absolutely no searches come up even though I specify what I want. The software upgrade has seemed to cause some side effects such as not showing people's content, not being able to search, and the fact that everybody has a random background now for whatever reason.

Let's give it a few more days.

Just a random question:

I noticed that when opening Wiki pages on my computer, the page auto opens in "Mobile View" and I have to manually change it to "Desktop View."

Once I have a window open in "Desktop View" everything will open in that view. Once I close my browser and reopen a Wiki page, it goes back to "Mobile View."

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I don't think it is a setting on my browser because I have never had the issue with CPTDB before and no other websites do this. It's not a really big deal at all, just more annoying than anything.

Thanks for any input!

• Board Admin
On 4/14/2018 at 7:05 AM, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

Did the certificate expire? my Iphone is saying that "this accessory is not supported" every time i scroll down.

Please let me know what's going on.

It is valid until June. It is working fine on my iPhone using Google Chrome. What browser are you using?

On 4/27/2018 at 8:04 AM, ONQCBusFan said:

Why is all of everyone's activity erased from there accounts?

And another thing: Why is my account still under moderation? I was promised it would be lifted once my posts are reasonable enough. Why are my posts still not reasonable enough? How much longer will it take?

I'm not gonna be on moderation forever will I? Is ADB the only one who can lift my moderation restriction?

Addressed here: https://cptdb.ca/topic/3544-sto-bus-spottings/?do=findComment&comment=805961

On 4/29/2018 at 9:34 PM, captaintrolley said:

How long is the search index going to be processing ???

Not sure, we are going to try something to resolve this hopefully this week.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:33 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

That has been really annoying because I religiously use the search feature. It's even more annoying than the message that says "We have a problem loading, please wait x number of seconds." (I know that there's a good reason for that, but if the admins want to entice people to use the search feature, maybe take it off?)

I have noticed that absolutely no searches come up even though I specify what I want. The software upgrade has seemed to cause some side effects such as not showing people's content, not being able to search, and the fact that everybody has a random background now for whatever reason.

Let's give it a few more days.

We are going to try something to resolve this hopefully this week.

13 hours ago, alexb320 said:

Just a random question:

I noticed that when opening Wiki pages on my computer, the page auto opens in "Mobile View" and I have to manually change it to "Desktop View."

Once I have a window open in "Desktop View" everything will open in that view. Once I close my browser and reopen a Wiki page, it goes back to "Mobile View."

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I don't think it is a setting on my browser because I have never had the issue with CPTDB before and no other websites do this. It's not a really big deal at all, just more annoying than anything.

Thanks for any input!

It is strange that it would do that on your desktop. It may be due to your browser window being very narrow. However, you could try this link: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/?mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Why is all of everyone's activity erased from there accounts?

Unfortunately, this issue still persists. I can't see any of my activity unless I click "See their [my] activity" and go to "Posts". I can't see any of the likes/reactions I left to other people's posts either since none of the activity shows up on my profile page. On some other people's profiles, I can see some of their posts/reactions, but a lot don't show up (i.e. on one person's profile, I can see their last 5 posts, followed by a long timeline of reactions, and at the bottom of the page, a topic they created back in 2015, although I know they have made a lot of other posts/reactions in between). Also seeing the same blue bar when I click on Unread Content, and when I select the filter "Content I posted in" it always appears empty, even though at least once there was an unread topic that I have posted in (it showed up when the filter was set to "Everything").

So I found a glitch on the Green Power Bus thread:

5C33D3A2-A3AC-4BEC-8F2A-E3DACBF151AF.png

I've tried reloading the page, and it's still there. I've tried opening the website on another page. Still there.

Interestingly, all the buttons on that main page in his post appear to work. For example, if you click the General Vehicle Discussion button on the top left, it takes you back.

• Board Admin
23 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

So I found a glitch on the Green Power Bus thread:

5C33D3A2-A3AC-4BEC-8F2A-E3DACBF151AF.png

I've tried reloading the page, and it's still there. I've tried opening the website on another page. Still there.

Interestingly, all the buttons on that main page in his post appear to work. For example, if you click the General Vehicle Discussion button on the top left, it takes you back.

Interesting, I've corrected it - thanks. It was just supposed to be a link to a photo!

Also, unfortunately we are still waiting for background processes to continue, it is making progress at glacial speed.

4 minutes ago, A. Wong said:

Interesting, I've corrected it - thanks. It was just supposed to be a link to a photo!

Also, unfortunately we are still waiting for background processes to continue, it is making progress at glacial speed.

Thank you for the update. I hope it speeds up. 

It was interesting how that glitch was there. I thought that it had been on my end so I tried reloading the site. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Why is it that when I get a notification on here, it stays even though I clicked it when it popped up?

For example, if I get quoted by someone, and I click on the black banner to take me to the post, the 1 in the top right corner will still appear even when I looked at at the post. So in essense, it's still telling me that I have a new notification when I already had a look.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm on mobile if you are wondering.

It doesn't happen for messages though, why is that?

47 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Why is it that when I get a notification on here, it stays even though I clicked it when it popped up?

For example, if I get quoted by someone, and I click on the black banner to take me to the post, the 1 in the top right corner will still appear even when I looked at at the post. So in essense, it's still telling me that I have a new notification when I already had a look.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm on mobile if you are wondering.

It doesn't happen for messages though, why is that?

Have you checked your account settings (under Notification settings)

Mine will let me know there's a message 

Screenshot_20180625-191821_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d033f72d188637aab5ec8dabb09531b.jpgScreenshot_20180625-191810_Chrome.thumb.jpg.124a134f154a9ade7d4d6150ef6fe19f.jpg

8 minutes ago, Oc4526 said:

Have you checked your account settings (under Notification settings)

Mine will let me know there's a message 

Screenshot_20180625-191821_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d033f72d188637aab5ec8dabb09531b.jpgScreenshot_20180625-191810_Chrome.thumb.jpg.124a134f154a9ade7d4d6150ef6fe19f.jpg

Yes, mine are on. I do get the notifications. The issue I am having is this:

62A2F86B-FC01-4514-8A58-55685ACA0EEC.png This was after I saw your post. 

CF36B7C1-0FE2-4287-B08E-4ECB393BCC30.pngThis was also after I clicked the black banner to go to your post. It's like I hadn't seen it at all when I in fact saw.

25 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Yes, mine are on. I do get the notifications. The issue I am having is this:

This was after I saw your post. 

This was also after I clicked the black banner to go to your post. It's like I hadn't seen it at all when I in fact saw.

Ive noticed the same. I just click on the 3 lines at the top twice and it seems to clear the notification. Though I always did wonder why it won't clear when one clicks on the black banner. ?

17 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Ive noticed the same. I just click on the 3 lines at the top twice and it seems to clear the notification. Though I always did wonder why it won't clear when one clicks on the black banner. ?

That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't the black banner make your notification go away?

It's not a big deal, but I still hope it's fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • Board Admin

Yes, thanks to the support team at Invision, all the bugs should be resolved now.

The image duplication issue should be resolved too, and as posts get rebuilt, the duplicated images may be removed too.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, A. Wong said:

Yes, thanks to the support team at Invision, all the bugs should be resolved now.

The image duplication issue should be resolved too, and as posts get rebuilt, the duplicated images may be removed too.

Good to know.  Each time I encounter an old post of mine I remove the duplicate images.

14 hours ago, A. Wong said:

Thanks for that!

There still seems to be a couple of minor bugs though.

1- I notice that some new accounts have their profile visitor section disabled. Unless they disabled this themselves which happened at the same time as the last upgrade...

2- Some accounts (without set backgrounds) also seem to have a random background on their profile that they didn't set.