Jump to content
D40LF

Whats up with the board

Recommended Posts

Just now, captaintrolley said:

Love the 'New Look' of the board. Nice 'reaction' emojis or whatever they are called.  :)

Wow. Definitely looks a lot nicer. The smoothness of the new site and the simple use of colours remind me of Cathay Pacific's new website.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the new design for the most part. I like that you can react with different emoticons to a particular post, and other small touches to give the website a crisper and more modern feel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEW INVISION VERSION?

 

Suprised other forum I use hasn't used this look yet, since they pretty much always switch looks. BTW they use the same software.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, glad you guys like it! I'm pretty fond of the updated look too!

We're now running on Invision 4.2 which came out just a few days ago. There's a full list of changes here, though not all of them are applicable to our site. Some of the settings and things it enabled by default will probably need to be tweaked over the coming days, and there are a few minor issues with the themes to fix.

Thoughts? Feedback? Issues?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 1604 said:

Awesome, glad you guys like it! I'm pretty fond of the updated look too!

We're now running on Invision 4.2 which came out just a few days ago. There's a full list of changes here, though not all of them are applicable to our site. Some of the settings and things it enabled by default will probably need to be tweaked over the coming days, and there are a few minor issues with the themes to fix.

Thoughts? Feedback? Issues?

I personally still prefer the old like system or at least something less than a couple of pop out buttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although this isn't new but I'm finding that its quite annoying to wait 16 seconds after each search to use the search function again. If you want to encourage people to use the search function first to find what they are looking for instead of just starting a new forum, it may be helpful to either remove that 16 second wait or something. I understand that it was probably added because of spam issues or something but just a suggestion to future site updates. Maybe make it a 10 second wait after 10 searches or something....

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, noahrp24 said:

Although this isn't new but I'm finding that its quite annoying to wait 16 seconds after each search to use the search function again. If you want to encourage people to use the search function first to find what they are looking for instead of just starting a new forum, it may be helpful to either remove that 16 second wait or something. I understand that it was probably added because of spam issues or something but just a suggestion to future site updates. Maybe make it a 10 second wait after 10 searches or something....

Thanks for bringing this up. It should now be disabled entirely - give it a shot and let me know if there are any further issues.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, in the page number selection on the top and bottom of the page, the current page number disappears entirely, and sometimes I thought for instance on this page, page 22 was the last page but actually this is page 23.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wiki randomly changed to a new look after I edited a page tonight. 

Never mind, I accidentally toggled the mobile view on my laptop. Feel free to delete this comment.

Edited by Detroit Diesel 6V92TA
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 9:12 PM, Kelvin3157 said:

So.. what happened just before?

Sorry for the slow response. The server was indeed down for a couple of hours, I'm not 100% sure on the specifics right now.

On 8/16/2017 at 7:13 AM, anyfong said:

Also, in the page number selection on the top and bottom of the page, the current page number disappears entirely, and sometimes I thought for instance on this page, page 22 was the last page but actually this is page 23.

Hmm, odd. Can you give a specific example where the page number disappears or doesn't match up? Screenshots are particularly helpful. Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1604 said:

Sorry for the slow response. The server was indeed down for a couple of hours, I'm not 100% sure on the specifics right now.

Hmm, odd. Can you give a specific example where the page number disappears or doesn't match up? Screenshots are particularly helpful. Thanks! :)

Here's page 22 of 23. See that 22 is missing?

p22.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not at a computer right now to verify, but I'm pretty sure that the number 22 is there, just higlighted to an unreadable extent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

I'm not at a computer right now to verify, but I'm pretty sure that the number 22 is there, just higlighted to an unreadable extent. 

Yeah I think that's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, anyfong said:

Here's page 22 of 23. See that 22 is missing?

p22.png

I see the same thing, but only when using the 'Blue' theme.  The other themes do show the current page rather than an 'empty' space.  Seems to be a theme highlighting issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×