D40LF

Whats up with the board

525 posts in this topic

Been having some problems with the Wiki tonight. Originally it was very slow to load pages, and on some pages only the following error message will pop up:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/cptdbc/public_html/wiki/includes/diff/DairikiDiff.php on line 443

It seems inconsistent as some pages load quickly while others won't load at all.

Which specific pages were you hitting that error on? I don't seem to be able to reproduce it :(.

On 11/8/2016 at 8:56 PM, H4 5600 said:

This happens all the time. It would be nice if we had a larger chat room limit.

Feel free to make a donation to the people that run the board to purchase the additional chat spaces.  I'm sure a $100/yr donation would allow them to purchase the chat licenses and help with the server costs.

4 people like this

On 2016-03-25 at 4:33 PM, 16 McCowan said:

Hey 1604 and Ashton,

Every time I access the CPTDB at any McDonald's restaurants, I got this "[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this community." error. It would appear suddenly McDonald's just got a McBan forum access but the Wiki for an unknown reason. I need this issue fixed.

The issue with accessing the board when on a McDonald's wifi seems to have been fixed (McDs has new wifi service with bell) 

Cc @1604 @A. Wong

1 person likes this

On 11/24/2016 at 10:48 AM, Oc4526 said:

The issue with accessing the board when on a McDonald's wifi seems to have been fixed (McDs has new wifi service with bell) 

Cc @1604 @A. Wong

Thanks for the info! 

Is there a reason that the board logs people out if they're logged in for too long? I often take over an hour to catch up on messages and find that I get logged out at least once per session and then have to keep logging back in.

23 hours ago, Orion 1200 said:

Is there a reason that the board logs people out if they're logged in for too long? I often take over an hour to catch up on messages and find that I get logged out at least once per session and then have to keep logging back in.

It shouldn't :wacko:. Are you accessing the board with any other devices when you get logged out?

On 11/28/2016 at 9:23 PM, 1604 said:

It shouldn't :wacko:. Are you accessing the board with any other devices when you get logged out?

No; same computer the whole way through. I'll often open a bunch of tabs and then read through them; I'll discover in the next round of tabs that I've been logged out.

On 12/2/2016 at 10:16 PM, Orion 1200 said:

No; same computer the whole way through. I'll often open a bunch of tabs and then read through them; I'll discover in the next round of tabs that I've been logged out.

Have you tried to clear your cookies, or trying a different browser?

A couple of days ago, I sent a message offline about my IP Adress being banned, as a result I could not access the board. On the same day, I could go back again, so I guess I have an IP Adress that changes by itself.

I never use any public computer to access my personal stuff, to answer the reply I received by email. :)

So to the admins, everything's back to normal, thanks for your help. :D

10 hours ago, AlexLy said:

A couple of days ago, I sent a message offline about my IP Adress being banned, as a result I could not access the board. On the same day, I could go back again, so I guess I have an IP Adress that changes by itself.

I never use any public computer to access my personal stuff, to answer the reply I received by email. :)

So to the admins, everything's back to normal, thanks for your help. :D

Great, glad to hear it fixed itself! If you end up being unable to access the board again, feel free to send another email with the IP. :)

1 person likes this

Hey I am noticing that quote doesn't seems to be working right now by not saying who said the original post or the date when it was posted.

I am noticing that when I click on 'Load More Activity' or 'Mark Site Read', it doesn't look the same as it used to.

Hey I am noticing that quote doesn't seems to be working right now by not saying who said the original post or the date when it was posted.

Also, you used to be able to click and drag the sentence you wanted to quote, and after you dropped the mouse, there would be ''quote post'' box, and now when you do it, it just shows a black box with nothing in it. I'm presuming that this is related with it not showing the original poster you're quoting and not reading the date of the original post.

Hmm, that's not good! It's possible something went wrong with the most recent software update. I will take a closer look tomorrow.

I am noticing that when I click on 'Load More Activity' or 'Mark Site Read', it doesn't look the same as it used to.

This might be related too but I don't use either of those features, could you let me know how they look different now?

The 'Load More Activity', when there is no more activity to load, will read (something like) No More Activity, and the 'Mark Site Read' brings up a box which you can choose Cancel or OK (or something like that). The squares in the box are blank. I attached the view from CPTDB, and one (that works) from APVDB

IMG_3961.JPG

IMG_3963.JPG

Thank you, the photos were really helpful!

All the above issues should now be resolved. :)

3 people like this

I notice another problem if I am thread and some one has replied in it. The black bar on the buttom iof screen just shows the avatar instead of avatar with person who replied or the number of people who replied in this thread.

3 hours ago, 1604 said:

Thank you, the photos were really helpful!

All the above issues should now be resolved. :)

Thanks. Seems to be working fine at my end.  Sometimes I blame my computer for stuff because it is such an old beast.... but Ashton does keep it running very good for me. That's why when there is a problem 'with the board', sometimes I think it is something haywire 'at my end'.

2 people like this

Any page that I view on the Wiki now has a bunch of "Debug data" at the bottom of the page. Is there a way to get rid of this?

1 minute ago, Articulated said:

Any page that I view on the Wiki now has a bunch of "Debug data" at the bottom of the page. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Oops. Trying to hunt down a couple of technical issues and accidentally left it on. I've turned it off now, although you might see it briefly reappear later.

Just now, 1604 said:

Oops. Trying to hunt down a couple of technical issues and accidentally left it on. I've turned it off now, although you might see it briefly reappear later.

Thanks for fixing it! I was surprised that it would be visible to all Wiki users, not just ones with administrative rights.

I'm not able to log onto the wiki. I tried typing in my password and it said the password was incorrect. I then tried resetting the password and I didn't receive the email to change it. I also tried resetting it on the forum and that didn't work either.

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

Thanks for fixing it! I was surprised that it would be visible to all Wiki users, not just ones with administrative rights.

Me too! But that's apparently how MediaWiki rolls.

1 hour ago, RailfanJW said:

I'm not able to log onto the wiki. I tried typing in my password and it said the password was incorrect. I then tried resetting the password and I didn't receive the email to change it. I also tried resetting it on the forum and that didn't work either.

This was part of the previous debugging and should be fixed now! Can you let me know if you're able to reset it here?

Okay...   I swear we had a Diversified Transportation thread in the Alberta section of the General Motor Coach discussion part of this board with a whole lot of information in it.  Am I wrong?  Cause I can no longer find any of it....