Whats up with the board

D40LF

• Board Admin
22 hours ago, Thomasw said:

WTF that’s so wierd.

On my computer the first image on these would not show up but now on my phone they do. 

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.

Lesson learned, my computer is a worthless piece of trash and I should stick to using my phone.

No worries! It may have had to do with the cacheing on the computer browser. To re-generate, part of my process is to reload the page.

I appreciate you reporting the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed this on my phone a few weeks ago and thought I had accidentally messed up some display settings. Some pages appear fine, others (even the same one if I come back later) have the icons replaced with random text or other icons as if you switched some text from Wingdings (where you'd find the icons) into regular text.

IMG_20191115_210844.png

IMG_20191115_210955.png

IMG_20191115_211043.png

• Board Admin
On 11/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, Gil said:

I've noticed this on my phone a few weeks ago and thought I had accidentally messed up some display settings. Some pages appear fine, others (even the same one if I come back later) have the icons replaced with random text or other icons as if you switched some text from Wingdings (where you'd find the icons) into regular text.

Is that a BlackBerry? :P

The theme does use characters, eg. from Font Awesome, so your browser/device might need to support that font or the ability to download it through the linked file.

I did perform an update on the software today, though, so I am not sure if that will help.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:24 AM, A. Wong said:

Is that a BlackBerry? :P

The theme does use characters, eg. from Font Awesome, so your browser/device might need to support that font or the ability to download it through the linked file.

I did perform an update on the software today, though, so I am not sure if that will help.

Yes, yes it is!  (Call me a sucker for anything Canadian!) 

It's a relatively recent problem only going back the few weeks, so unless there was an upgrade around that time this is the first time I've had issues with it.  Haven't noticed a problem so far, so that may have cleared things up.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

This TTC Orion VII Retirements thread post keeps varying in font size depending on whether I log in or not.

When I'm signed out, the font appears perfectly normal. However, when I'm actually signed in, the font gets much larger. 

Here's some photos:

AB7261FC-F45B-4690-8ACE-463761528D0F.png 

(Appearance when signed in)

8FEF4BCD-42C8-4AB6-970B-B1AF69C6E112.png

(what the post looks like when I'm signed out)

I found that the Chameleon theme was the only one that showed the post with the normal small font whether I was logged in or not.

I tried the blue and red themes while logged out and it resulted in the post having the big font I saw while being logged in with both those themes enabled.

I think it's more of an issue with the themes themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, A. Wong said:

Can you try to click on the red icon beside Western US to mark it as read? Or you may try to scroll to the bottom after you are done reading and "Mark Site Read".

I’ve just done that and it seems to be working. I just dont see how it happened in the first place.

• 2 months later...
  • Board Admin
On 4/18/2020 at 12:09 PM, Loud-Invero said:

How come threads are always listed as "NEW". Never really bugged me until now but they never go away.

Screenshot_20200418-140423_Samsung Internet.png

Screenshot_20200418-140358_Samsung Internet.jpg

Probably because there are some posts somewhere in the forum that weren't read. Usually if you click the "Mark site read" in the bottom right corner, those will go away and it starts again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting bugs I found:

When logged out, I noticed that the National Capital Region section has disappeared (tried refreshing and opening a new tab). However, when I log back in, it shows up fine. I was using that section earlier today while logged out and it was working fine.

Speaking of logging in, I noticed that I couldn't log in with either the red or blue themes. I have to go into the Chameleon theme and log in fron there.

This is a very minor bug, but I also noticed that all the sections just randomly had the word "New" next to them and they were bolded as if I hadn't read them.

F64CAA67-E745-486C-BA16-583A51D95641.png

51084C7F-6CED-4575-B993-1983E8F2441D.png

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Some interesting bugs I found:

When logged out, I noticed that the National Capital Region section has disappeared (tried refreshing and opening a new tab). However, when I log back in, it shows up fine. I was using that section earlier today while logged out and it was working fine.

I noticed that too. I have the National Capital Forum bookmarked on my computer, and when I went to it today (around 14:30), I got an error message. I went to the Forums Index and logged in, and the National Capital forum showed up fine.

Later on, I logged out and went back to the National Capital Forum, and it was missing again. I got a screen grab of the issue, which I put below.

image.thumb.png.41f171eb4e9987b3ebd5870f9214de6e.png

I then went to the Forums Index (around 16:00), and this is what the Forums Index looked like when I was logged out. Still no National Capital Forum visible in the Ontario Transit Discussion Forum.

image.thumb.png.31ab9fe24c9d43533e3bdac74cde78a7.png

22 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Speaking of logging in, I noticed that I couldn't log in with either the red or blue themes. I have to go into the Chameleon theme and log in from there.

This is a very minor bug, but I also noticed that all the sections just randomly had the word "New" next to them and they were bolded as if I hadn't read them.

Interestingly, I was able to log in with both the Red and Blue themes today. However, when I logged in with the Red and Blue themes, it automatically redirected me to the Chameleon theme. From there, I was able to then go to either the Red or Blue theme (once I was logged in). Once I logged out, it automatically took me back to either the Red or Blue theme (whichever theme I was on before logging in).

However, when I logged in, only some sections were bolded and had "New" next to them; not all of them. At least on my computer, only the content I actually had not read was bolded and marked "New".

16 hours ago, OC Transpo Route 95 said:

I noticed that too. I have the National Capital Forum bookmarked on my computer, and when I went to it today (around 14:30), I got an error message. I went to the Forums Index and logged in, and the National Capital forum showed up fine.

Later on, I logged out and went back to the National Capital Forum, and it was missing again. I got a screen grab of the issue, which I put below.

I can't speak for the moderators. But I suspect they may have changed the settings to make the National Capital Region forum visible only when members are logged in. If so, I have no issues with that.

I have noticed that there is one particular Ottawa board member (who regularly gets suspended) re-posting information that originated from this discussion board onto another discussion board without crediting the original poster or even asking the original poster for permission to re-post the information. I won't identify that board member by name, but some may know who I'm referring to. 

I don't know if that is the reason why the Forum is hidden, but I do think it would be a good reason to make it hidden to prevent information from being plagiarized elsewhere. 

• Thanks 4

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Board Admin
On 10/9/2020 at 11:44 AM, Detroit Diesel 6V92TA said:

I keep having this error come up when trying to save changes this morning. The preview button was giving me the secure connection error message too. Maybe there's a server problem. The board was giving me a "-200" error too when trying to upload a screenshot too.2012418769_ScreenShot2020-10-09at10_42_26AM.thumb.png.c80cb886024bba85e4df25523cf9ecf3.png524457669_ScreenShot2020-10-09at10_45_38AM.thumb.png.418912c2c0b346b7133909627dc3b781.png

Is this still happening for you? I would suggest to clear your browser's cookies for CPTDB and attempt to log in again. Or to try a different browser to see if the problem happens there.

1 hour ago, A. Wong said:

Is this still happening for you? I would suggest to clear your browser's cookies for CPTDB and attempt to log in again. Or to try a different browser to see if the problem happens there.

1st one hasn't happened again. 2nd one happened occasionally, but only when my internet was being really sluggish. I'll try clearing those. Thanks

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but this looks atrocious.

Same here, I tried both Safari and Google chrome on different zoom levels and they're both like that. Clearing cache didn't do anything... 
edit: on default theme only. red theme works fine like before

Also, composing / editing posts is very difficult. It is very slow, and the quotation boxes (like the one above) are impossible to highlight without lagging. Uploading pictures is also very slow.

Finally, for the red theme, I'd appreciate if the buttons on the top right corner (messages, user, etc.) can be in white color again like before. Dark blue on dark red is not the easiest thing to read, even though it's a minor issue.

I appreciate the hard works poured in by the admin team for this discussion forum, but I'd also appreciate if the issues could be sorted out! thank you and happy new year.

截屏2020-12-31下午9.05.00.png

截屏2020-12-31下午9.08.38.png

截屏2020-12-31下午9.40.55.png

15 minutes ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Finally, for the red theme, I'd appreciate if the buttons on the top right corner (messages, user, etc.) can be in white color again like before. Dark blue on dark red is not the easiest thing to read, even though it's a minor issue.

截屏2020-12-31下午9.40.55.png

I wholeheartedly agree.  I use the dark theme, and the grey text up top is very hard to contrast against the navy blue background.

• Like 3