Whats up with the board

D40LF

I've been noticing that too. Ever since the problem with the 'servers being busy, please try again later'. One morning there was 55 guests at 0500 in the morning (I nearly fell off my chair), then it ballooned to 200-300 guests and stayed around that figure. I thought it may have been world-wide interest in the E40LFR arriving in Edmonton. There's NEVER been that many spiders and bots on this site at any one time. Nice to know that we (CPTDB) are popular...as it should be :P

...IN THE PAST 30 MINUTES

I think that's the key. most fora are set to 5 or 10, maybe even 15 minutes, but over 30 minutes everyone who clicks just once gets recorded, even if they are "just passing though"

• Board Admin
I'm starting to think that a heck of a lot more people want to join this board.

Registration is actually not increasing...

Ashton, maybe you can see if anyone has linked to the board from a very popular site?
What would that matter? The more popular the better. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ashton, could it be possible that someone is trying to carry out a DoS attack on the board? but the computer in question only seems to reach a threshold of ~300-400 requests at once? Just a thought.

• Root Admin
also how come feature photos have not been updated for this month?

Because there are some of us that have work and other priorities before their hobby. Feature Photos will be updated when their updated...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Problems on CPTDB and wiki in the last 5 minutes:

CPTDB Wiki has a problem

Fatal error: Call to a member function selectRow() on a non-object in /home/etspec5/public_html/cptdb/wiki/includes/User.php on line 759

EDIT: When I first posted this post, I go this message:

Warning: require(/home/etspec5/public_html/cptdb/sources/action_public/post.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Cannot allocate memory in /home/etspec5/public_html/cptdb/index.php on line 553