Whats up with the board

D40LF

On mine it says access forbidden, I'm also not using wifi but 3G

Never had this problem as well with my iPod Touch and the same with my wife's iPhone when I use 3G, I guess it has to do with your wireless provider. I can't seem to find any good wifi when I am downtown Toronto always locked or not responding using the iPod touch.

Ashton and me both have an iPod touch, I got the latest firmware update 2.2.1 version (5H11a)

Just wondering about the new tag under LOGIN and REGISTER that encourages you to register to gain access to additional sub-forums.

Isn't the whole point of those sub-forums to keep their content private from the general purusing public?

If we encourage everyone to join then it removes any privacy we might have had.

Before, it was mainly transitfans that actually made the move to join, and who would take the time to register.

If people are encouraged to join to gain access to stuff they can't see, then we could end up with just casual curious users who are snooping around since they were encouraged.

It's almost teasing them, picking their curiosity...but what's the point? Isn't it better to just let those who are really interested make the move, sort of like a filter....to eliminate 'board watchers' peering in.

• Board Admin

They could just as well register and see everything anyway, encouraged or not. I put it there for the reasoning that people looking for discussions regarding BC Transit, for example, would find nothing in the Western Canada forum, and they might think there's nothing there about BC Transit when in reality there is a ton.

I would assume generally people interested in transit would come to the Canadian Public Transit Discussion Board, and not some random person looking to talk about the latest Apple products on the market. :unsure: But that said, you shouldn't expect anything posted on this board to be considered "private". As I mentioned, there is nothing stopping someone from registering to read the subforums.

On one hand, registering allows us to know more about the 'board watchers'. They can still watch if they'd like, without giving any information, but we would have an email address if they register.

They could just as well register and see everything anyway, encouraged or not. I put it there for the reasoning that people looking for discussions regarding BC Transit, for example, would find nothing in the Western Canada forum, and they might think there's nothing there about BC Transit when in reality there is a ton.

I would assume generally people interested in transit would come to the Canadian Public Transit Discussion Board, and not some random person looking to talk about the latest Apple products on the market. :unsure: But that said, you shouldn't expect anything posted on this board to be considered "private". As I mentioned, there is nothing stopping someone from registering to read the subforums.

On one hand, registering allows us to know more about the 'board watchers'. They can still watch if they'd like, without giving any information, but we would have an email address if they register.

Good points.

I was thinking more along the lines of sightings threads, and those just looking not being able to access them.

• 2 weeks later...
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cptdb.ca and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.cptdb.ca Port 80

This happened when I went to make a post and then I kept getting this error, even on the homepage. :)

I waited a few minutes and now its back!

EDIT: Back as in the board is working again.

Well, ya gotta do work on the board once in a while, and it's almost a given that there will be people reading / posting when that is going on.

It happens at work too. (And always in the middle of something :) ) Of course we have 'planned' outages and shutdowns, so people are warned in advance. This usually takes place during low user volume.

This is weird...

For about 10 minutes today (around 19:00 ET), every forum stated "Page Cannot be Displayed" (but with a CPTDB logo) and the home page brought up www.stm.info.

Was it just me?

I get access forbidden at work (after the normal log in procedure). So, I hit the 'backspace' on the screen, then 'log in' on the top, and without logging in again I hit the 'get new posts', and it works. Really strange.....but it works.

Try bookmarking http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php instead of just http://www.cptdb.ca/. I had the same problem at work and now I don't get the forbidden message...

This is weird...

For about 10 minutes today (around 19:00 ET), every forum stated "Page Cannot be Displayed" (but with a CPTDB logo) and the home page brought up www.stm.info.

Was it just me?

Try bookmarking http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php instead of just http://www.cptdb.ca/. I had the same problem at work and now I don't get the forbidden message...

I don't bookmark it at work, not sure how. I have it bookmarked at home and it works fine. I'll just try typing in the longer address at work. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Whenever I visit this board on my home computer, I have the "save password" check box selected so I that don't have to enter my login information everytime I visit. Lately, I've been noticing that the board is randomly logging me off and forcing me to login again. Is this a change in board's setting?

• Board Admin

No, you can try scrolling to the bottom of the main index page and clicking the "Delete cookies set by this board" link. Then restart your browser, and try saving the password again.

Otherwise you can try to clear all your browser's cookies, but this will remove any saved passwords from other sites, etc.

No, you can try scrolling to the bottom of the main index page and clicking the "Delete cookies set by this board" link. Then restart your browser, and try saving the password again.

Otherwise you can try to clear all your browser's cookies, but this will remove any saved passwords from other sites, etc.

I tried those steps, but the board is still not saving my account info.

• 1 month later...

A couple random trivia questions in light of "The Move": How many MBs/GBs does the CPTDB take up now? Also I thought this site was hosted on someone's own computer(s) in their basement or something, so is there an actual hosting company in charge of keeping the site going? Just wondering :rolleyes:

• Board Admin

The CPTDB takes up over 8GB now.

This site was never hosted on someone's computer in a basement (only the Upload an Image part is :rolleyes:), and has always on a production web hosting server.

I am in charge of keeping the site going, but I don't own the servers it has been hosted on. I pay monthly to keep the site up.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When clicking on a number of topics, I get this message:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/cptdbca/public_html/ips_kernel/class_db_mysql_client.php on line 607

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

It has only affected a few topics I've tried to view, but even if I go back, try again the same message comes up.

This also marks the topic as having been "read", although I never got to see any part of it (if that makes any difference).

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/cptdbca/public_html/ips_kernel/class_db_mysql_client.php on line 607

IPS Driver Error

It has only affected a few topics I've tried to view, but even if I go back, try again the same message comes up.

This also marks the topic as having been "read", although I never got to see any part of it (if that makes any difference).

I got this too when I wanted to go to the wiki....

IPS Driver Error

Ya... ^^this.. I keep getting it when trying to go into the YRT Ex-Markham Transit charter thread... Admins..whats uP?

Ya... ^^this.. I keep getting it when trying to go into the YRT Ex-Markham Transit charter thread... Admins..whats uP?

Ironically, some of the threads you post in (except for this one), show the IPS Driver Error. :P:blink::)

IE., YRT Retirements, YRT Bike Racks, Today's and Special Sightings, YRT/VIVA thread...