Whats up with the board

D40LF

Just now:

CPTDB Wiki has a problem

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Can't contact the database server: Can't create a new thread (errno 12); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug (localhost))

AHHHHHHH Help.

Just now

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

and

Warning: attach::require_once(/home/etspec5/public_html/cptdb/sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php) [function.attach-require-once]: failed to open stream: Cannot allocate memory in /home/etspec5/public_html/cptdb/sources/action_public/attach.php on line 55

I get other errors if i click any other buttons or links

• Board Admin

Yeah there is some memory overload... I'll have to look into it more when I have some free time, aka next week. For now, some parts of the site (Wiki) might be inaccessible. I'll get the server restarted once again...

• 1 month later...

Umm, I know Ashton knows about this and so does Jan (because he also has this problem). Anytime the "Welcome to the CPTDB" destination sign and the pictures showing the transit systems doesn't appear, anything I click on (except Google ads) doesn't work. I get a cannout display notice. I don't want to call Rogers because I'm afraid I'll get a chinese idiot (I hope it doesn't offend anyone) that won't do anything and gets insulted by my 13-year-old brother because he told him to take off his shoes. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I haven't been able to access the board the past 24 hours because of this problem. This is my only once-in-a-while to speak up.

Umm, I know Ashton knows about this and so does Jan (because he also has this problem). Anytime the "Welcome to the CPTDB" destination sign and the pictures showing the transit systems doesn't appear, anything I click on (except Google ads) doesn't work. I get a cannout display notice. I don't want to call Rogers because I'm afraid I'll get a chinese idiot (I hope it doesn't offend anyone) that won't do anything and gets insulted by my 13-year-old brother because he told him to take off his shoes. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I haven't been able to access the board the past 24 hours because of this problem. This is my only once-in-a-while to speak up.

That happened to me once this week but never again. Have you tried clearing your History? That might help maybe.

That happened to me once this week but never again. Have you tried clearing your History? That might help maybe.

I have. This happens on both my computers. I have cleared the history on both of them. It still happens but less frequently.

I have. This happens on both my computers. I have cleared the history on both of them. It still happens but less frequently.

I spoke to Ashton about it, and he said it's likely that Rogers' DNS entry needed to be updated. I both emailled and called, and it seemed to be fixed.

Call them and tell them exactly what is wrong, it will take more than one of us complaining for it to be fixed fully.

I have been having lots of problems in the past trying to access CPTDB, yesterday and before. When I try to open CPTDB it says it can't find the page, before I just restart my computer and it would work. Yesterday I was on my laptop, it didn't work, then I went to my desktop computer and it didn't work, so I restart my computer and it didn't work! I don't know whats wrong with it but this happened lots of times before. And it was working at an earlier time but then it stopped working! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just now, I've had to log-in every single time for pages that could only be viewed by members (ie, GTA Page/GTA Sightings).

The error was something along the lines of the link bringing you the page is broken or out of date.

EDIT: I just visited the GTA page and I didn't have to put in my user or my pass.

For some reason, Orion VIII's avatar doesn't show at all, it loads, but then a X comes up. It says something like Free-Ride.jpg @ the bottom when loading. Am I the only one that can't see it?

It's maj.com. It's been inaccessible since April 1, so I have a feeling that the service was discontinued. :lol:

• Board Admin
Just now, I've had to log-in every single time for pages that could only be viewed by members (ie, GTA Page/GTA Sightings).

The error was something along the lines of the link bringing you the page is broken or out of date.

EDIT: I just visited the GTA page and I didn't have to put in my user or my pass.

If this happens, try to go to the bottom of the board and click "Delete cookies set by this board", and if that doesn't work, clear all your browser's cache and cookies.

I spoke to Ashton about it, and he said it's likely that Rogers' DNS entry needed to be updated. I both emailled and called, and it seemed to be fixed.

I'm still having problems about once a day or so on a regular but short-lived basis, and only from home; there may have been a Rogers DNS server that hasn't flushed its cache the way it should have. This could be appear random, depending on what server your query is being sent to.

If it's annoying enough, just update your HOSTS file with the correct IP address and avoid their DNS altogether.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I am currently getting when I try to make a new thread :)

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at cptdb.ca Port 80