Cornwall Transit

D40LF

On 8/4/2021 at 10:27 AM, sdgta2008 said:

Has anyone heard anything through the grapevine as to whether there will be any service changes for September...?  Such as the restoring 71 Express?

I got an answer from Transit.  It looks like service will be status-quo for September.  They'll re-evaluate in January on whether to bring back 71 Express.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

September Service Changes for Cornwall:

Released on September 4th at 23:57, the GTFS data for Transit was updated for September service changes. These changes only affect the Business Park routes. The 71 - Express is still on hold, and the 61 - Community Service still only runs Monday to Friday. No new routes, just service updates. The conventional routes (1-4) remain the same, as do the Community Service routes. These changes will come into effect on Tuesday, September 7th, 2021. 

The 12 - Cornwall Business Park 2 has now been changed to the 20 - Cornwall Business Park 2. 

Block BUSINESSPARK2_IndustrialT1_1:1155446:1162928 (06:15 - 06:38) follows nearly the same routing as before. It follows Second Street East, then left onto Campbell, then right onto Loyalist to service Ridgewood, then left onto Education, then right onto Marleau to service Olymel, RDC and Harmony as before.     

Block BUSINESSPARK2_IndustrialT2_1:1162892:1162928 (14:15 - 14:45) now goes straight on Second Street East, then left onto Boundary Road to serve the High School then back to normal routing through Harmony and RDC. As before it followed the 17 - Business Park through the manufacturing sector of the Business Park. 

Block BUSINESSPARK2_IndustrialT2_2:1162895:1162928 (14:50 - 15:17) follows the same routing as the first block of the day. Block BUSINESSPARK2_IndustrialT1_1:1155446:1162928 (06:15 - 06:38)

Block BUSINESSPARK2_IndustrialT2_3:1154890:1162928 (15:20 - 14:01) follows the same routing as before. No changes.

The 12 - Cornwall Business Park 3 has new run times. Before going into detail, technically this route was run before, but was classified as the afternoon 12 - Business Park 2, instead of the midnight 12 - Business Park 3. 2 buses would run this route. The first would depart the garage at around 14:07 to arrive at Pitt & Second Industrial Stop for 14:15, and run its scheduled run. Then, at around 13:42, an extra bus would depart and arrive Pitt & Second Industrial Stop for 14:47, and would be classified as an extra and would run the 12 - Business Park 3 routing, the midnight run. At 16:00 when the afternoon 12 route ended, the first bus would depart Not In Service towards the garage, and the extra 12 bus would run as extra on the 17 - Business Park. 

In short, the extra bus of the 12 - Business Park 2, has now been classified and is running as the 12 - Business Park 3. 

Block BUSINESSPARK3_IndustrialT1_1:1162891:1162927 (14:50 - 15:17) follows the same routing as the first block of the 20 - Cornwall Business Park 2. It follows Second Street East, then left onto Campbell, then right onto Loyalist to service Ridgewood, then left onto Education, then right onto Marleau to service Olymel, RDC and Harmony, then towards Pitt & Second Industrial Stop. 

Block BUSINESSPARK3_IndustrialT1_2:1162918:1162927 (15:20 - 16:15) follows a similar route as before the September changes. Second Street, left onto Campbell, right onto Marleau, left onto Boundary, then left onto Industrial Park to service Olymel, right onto Optimum drive, right onto SCM towards RDC, then towards Pitt & Second Industrial Stop. 

Block BUSINESSPARK3_IndustrialT1_3:1162881:1162927 (16:15 - 16:43) follows the same route as the 17 block did before. Second, left onto Boundary, right onto Marleau, left onto Campbell, left onto Loyalist to service Ridgewood, the right onto Education and left onto Second. 

Block BUSINESSPARK3_IndustrialT2_1:1162913:1162927 (23:15 - 23:35) follows the same routing as before. Second, left on Campbell, right on Marleau, left onto Boundary, then onto Industrial to service Olymel, RDC and Harmony.

The 17 - Business Park is now the 17 - Cornwall Business Park. All blocks from the AM to the PM are the same, except Block BUSINESSPARK_IndustrialT3_4:1162882:1162926 (16:15 - 16:46) This block follows nearly the same routing as the afternoon blocks, but instead of heading North on Boundary to service the High School, it loops around Ridgewood twice. From Second, left onto Campbell, right onto Loyalist to service Ridgewood, right onto Education to service Leclerc, then right onto Second. From Second, right again onto Campbell, right onto Loyalist to service Ridgewood (where it sits for 8 1/2 minutes), right onto Education to service Leclerc, then right onto Second to where it arrives at Pitt & Second at 16:46, to end Business Park service for the afternoon.

There were always 3 buses running the afternoon Business Park routes. 2 on the 12-2, 1 on the 17. Then the 2 on the 17. Now, all 3 have their separate routes.

To recap, the 12 - Business Park 2 is now the 20 - Cornwall Business 2. The midnight 12 - Business Park 3 now runs in the afternoon, and is now the 12 - Cornwall Business Park 3. The 17 - Business Park has the same routes, run times and stop times, but is now called the 17 - Cornwall Business Park. 

Destination signs remain the same.

In other news, the 98's are still alive and out. Last week, at least one was out for the afternoon on the 12. The 15's seem to now be scheduled on the 17 and 12 (this was before the service changes, we will have to see what goes out. Nothing should change, but we will see this week.) with 1793, 1794 or 1895 subbing in when one is out of service. As of last week, the 98's provided service for the 12-2 and the extra afternoon run.

To recap, the 12 - Business Park 2 is now the 20 - Cornwall Business 2. The midnight 12 - Business Park 3 now runs in the afternoon, and is now the 12 - Cornwall Business Park 3. The 17 - Business Park has the same routes, run times and stop times, but is now called the 17 - Cornwall Business Park. 

• 4 weeks later...

A buddy and I took a trip to Cornwall early last week, strange to see the place running with almost nothing but LFS after all the years of EZ Burners. We passed by the garage, still friendly as ever. Sorry to see the division manager took his retirement before we could say goodbye, I hope his successor is just as good and as easy to work with for future fan trips (unknown). Special props to our man Dean on the Riverdale run with a cutaway.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

found these with google 

September they agreed top purchase of Handi-Transit Bus Through the Transit Procurement Initiative

and

Jun 18, 2021
Two new buses

Cornwall council approved a request to purchase two conventional, either hybrid or diesel buses from Nova Bus through the Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative process. Despite being approved by council, the purchase will have to be approved by Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP).

“Cornwall currently has approved ICIP funding in place for two diesel buses to be purchased in the 2022,” reads the report presented to council. “Cornwall Transit has requested a modification from ICIP to replace the proposed diesel buses with two hybrid buses for 2022 and four more buses, one per year, for the duration of the ICIP funding period ending in 2026.”

According to that same report however, the cost of purchasing hybrid buses is significantly higher than their diesel counterparts — about $314,000 more. Due to federal and provincial funding, the city would have to pay $361,077 for diesel buses or $528,228 for hybrid buses.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Cornwall Transit is changing the route number scheme effective December 13th:

1 - PITT

2 - SUNRISE

3 - BROOKDALE

4 - RIVERDALE

5 - McCONNELL

6 - CUMBERLAND

7 - MONTREAL

BUSINESS PARK 8

BUSINESS PARK 9

I tried asking Cornwall Transit if the interlines remain the same. I never got an answer….  Anyone hear anything about that….?

On 6/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, SDGBusFan said:

Complete license plate list and inaugural service dates for the new 2021 21xx-series Nova LFS' with Cornwall:

Unit:   License Plate:  Date Entered into Service:

2101 - 261 1BL - Entered service on May 15th, 2021
2102 - 261 0BL - Entered service on April 30th, 2021
2103 - 660 1BL - Entered service on May 21st, 2021
2104 - 660 2BL - Entered service on April 29th, 2021
2105 - 660 3BL - Entered service on May 13th, 2021
2106 - 660 4BL - Entered service on May 11th, 2021

Here some photos taken in last september with the new paint scheme

Cornwall Transit 2101_MG_2097.jpg

Cornwall Transit 2102_MG_2098.jpg

Cornwall Transit 2104_MG_2095.jpg

Cornwall Transit 2105_MG_2093.jpg

Cornwall Transit 2106_MG_2088.jpg

• Like 5

On 12/2/2021 at 8:19 PM, sdgta2008 said:

I tried asking Cornwall Transit if the interlines remain the same. I never got an answer….  Anyone hear anything about that….?

*UPDATE* Cornwall Transit has confirmed to me that the interlines remain the same despite the new route numbers:

1 - PITT --->  5 - McCONNELL

2 - SUNRISE --->  6 - CUMBERLAND

3 - BROOKDALE ---> 7 MONTREAL

• Thanks 1

I'd like to know at what point the CAD AVL system changes the destination signs as of next week, would it be before arriving at Pitt and Second? Thanks in advance. I can only assume Riverdale is not mentioned in the list above due to not interlining with any other route. At what point will Riverdale become on demand, if at all? Thanks again.

23 hours ago, SMS said:

I'd like to know at what point the CAD AVL system changes the destination signs as of next week, would it be before arriving at Pitt and Second? Thanks in advance. I can only assume Riverdale is not mentioned in the list above due to not interlining with any other route. At what point will Riverdale become on demand, if at all? Thanks again.

The destination sign changes when departing the last stop before Pitt & Second.  As for Riverdale On Demand, I was told recently by Cornwall Transit that it's still in the planning stage.  I've not seen it in the budget for 2022...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just read a Facebook post from the city of Cornwall.  Due to lack of resources as some staff are isolating, transit services are being temporarily reduced:

- Hourly from 6:15 am to 10:15 am

- Every 30 minutes from 10:45 am to 2:45 pm

- Hourly from 2:45 pm to 6:15 pm.  Last run at 6:15 pm, no evening service

- Route 61 Community Service Route temporarily suspended

- No changes to routes 8 and 9 serving the Business Park.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

They still have Orion VIs in service? I thought no agency still operate these buses anymore?

Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Colorado still has 5 diesels operating as of January.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Joshuamumble said:

According to a Facebook group post, 9882 has been sold to a Cornwall Transit employee and is possibly awaiting resale (again, not my picture, credit to the owner)
May be an image of outdoors

He is going to do something with the Orion. He is looking at selling most of the parts.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...