D40LF

Cornwall Transit

20 hours ago, SMS said:

I thought that it would be good to include the memo from the website, in case we wanted to search quickly re: COVID-19

There was since an updated memo:

March 25 Update:

Effective today, Cornwall Transit bus service will operate until 8:45 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
Passengers requiring essential travel can contact Transit to make arrangements for bus service after 8:45 p.m.
Also, seniors can call Transit at 613-930-2636 to make special arrangements for travelling to grocery stores with seniors morning shopping hours.

Cornwall Transit is reducing its service schedule, effective Monday, March 23.

From Monday to Friday, an enhanced Saturday service will be implemented. Cornwall Transit is urging that passengers only travel when it is essential to do so.

Conventional frequency will be:

• Every 60 minutes from 6:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
  • Every 30 minutes from 10:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
  • Every 60 minutes from 6:15 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.

Service to the Cornwall Business Park will remain in place.

The Community Bus Service route will not operate on Wednesdays.

Handi-Transit will operate from 6:06 a.m. to 8:45 p.m. and will accommodate all essential trips, including medical appointments, dialysis appointments, and travel to grocery stores and banks. To book a trip, call 613-930-2636.

On Saturdays, conventional bus frequency will be every 60 minutes from 6:45 a.m. to 8:45 p.m., and there will be no community bus service.

There will be no charter service.

• Thanks 2

Looking to get some information here, all regarding 0359:

1. When was it put into service (as much of an exact date if possible)
  2. When was the wheelchair stickers removed (or when was the lift disabled, I've narrowed it down to 2015-2016 range based on people's photos)
  3. When was the exact date of retirement (I confirmed the January 10, 2018 report by SMS in this thread, I'd like to narrow it down to a exact last day of service, which clearly would have been between December 9, 2017 and January 10, 2018 when I got it confirmed)
  4. Not as critical, but primarily what services was 0359 assigned to throughout the years. I know after 8558 unfortunately retired, it took over the Eastern Industrial Services, but I would like a bit more information on that aspect of it.
  5. Any other interesting facts about 0359 (I believe they were the first accessible full sized conventional bus, which 0359 and 0360 were I believe the only conventional vehicles that were accessible up until the EZ-Rider's arrival in 2009, and the fact that they were unreliable for the most part. I know too they were joint ordered with Ajax-Pickering 2050-2055 (DRT 8050-8055), but I cannot think of anything else unique about the order. I did wonder if they were the last Orion Vs bought in Ontario, but GO Transit's Orion Vs were ordered after Cornwall's, so that is not a "claim to fame".)

I'm writing a background story of 0359 for the person who now privately owns it which will be displayed on the interior of the bus for people to read, so any details that can be provided on those 4 points would be greatly appreciated.

Also I'm sure if you can provide some information on 0360, I'm sure the owner of that unit would appreciate it as well.

Hi. I spotted a Cornwall Transit Orion V a week ago Saturday in Ottawa near Thermo King. Do Cornwall still have an Orion V in service or is that the private owner?  Unfortunately I didn’t remember the fleet number. It was 03xx. 

1 hour ago, 8792 said:

Hi. I spotted a Cornwall Transit Orion V a week ago Saturday in Ottawa near Thermo King. Do Cornwall still have an Orion V in service or is that the private owner?  Unfortunately I didn’t remember the fleet number. It was 03xx. 

It was 0359, and it is a privately owned bus. As my post directly above yours talks about it.

19 hours ago, TransitfanJW said:

Are the VIs still running?

Yes, they still are. All three are expected to be around for another year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cornwall Transit has announced the re-instatement of late evening service as of tonight.  Buses will run their hourly schedule as normal until 11:30 pm.

• Like 1

Cornwall Transit posted their budget proposal on Facebook.  They're looking to purchase 2 40-ft buses from the Metrolinx program (I assume they still have the contract with Nova Bus), as well as an Arboc to replace the 2011 Crestline Handi-Transit bus.  The proposal also stated that they want to invest in bus stop upgrades including new shelters.

• Thanks 2

From the May 25 council meeting, Cornwall Transit will be adding an additional 2 Nova buses to its existing order of 4 buses, for a total of 6 buses. 

With the change to the order, delivery of all 6 buses will be in April 2021, rather than November 2020 as planned for the original order of 4 buses.

The additional 2 buses ordered will replace 2 of the 2008 ElDorado buses.

Link to council agenda

• Like 1