D40LF

Cornwall Transit

I would disagree that this is 7112.

For a start the number 71 would seem to indicate this is a 1971 bus, the one suggested is not.

As for the number 12, the original 12, 7512, was sold to Guelph Transit in 1995, a couple of years before 7112 operated in Cornwall.

I am going to take a wild guess that the bus could be Vaughan Transit 910. (ex TTC 7330)

The bus did not stick around long from what was said in this thread. maby Cornwall Transit leased it from VT for a short period in 1998? when the cornwall fishbowls were getting rebuilt.

here are some photos of VT 910:

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/roberts/234/ab7330i.jpg

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/roberts/234/ab7330910.jpg

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/roberts/234/ab7330.jpg

I was thinking the same thing as Vaughan 910 had the same engine door on it.

And yeah, I can't get those images to work either.

So Vaughn 910 ex-TTC 7330. Now the TTC guys can give us an extra boost to confirm. The only thing I'm now not sure about is where the 7112 number came from.

That would explain the tailgate.

YUL Bus Charters is not done for 2008!

Projected Cornwall Transit charter to be held in a few weekends, preferably in November! The bus will be a 1994 Orion V CNG - projected retirement March 2009 and therefore no chance of making it to Spring 2009.

Details to follow.

Today in Cornwall:

9137 - route #1 (1991 MCI Classic)

9141 - route #3 (1991 MCI Classic)

9242 - route #1 (1992 Orion V)

9243 - route #2 (1992 Orion V)

9244 - route #?? (1992 Orion V)

0360 - route #?? (2003 Orion V)

8558 - Industrial route #1 (1985 GM Classic) PM rush only

9446 - Industrial route #2 (1994 Orion V CNG) PM rush only

9752 and 9753 were on the Community Shuttles

At the garage:

9138 - 1991 MCI Classic

9139 - 1991 MCI Classic

9447 - 1994 Orion V CNG

9448 - 1994 Orion V CNG

9449 - 1994 Orion V CNG (retired at back)

9754 - Orion II CNG

9755 - Orion II CNG

9756 - Orion II CNG

0359 - 2003 Orion V

So, there 1 GM Classic left (8558) and 3 Orion V CNGs! All CNGs are retiring by March 09 with the arrival of the new ElDorado LFs in the spring. So as SMS posted by above, there's a Cornwall Orion V CNG charter that's going to happen real soon!

A Cornwall Transit charter aboard a V CNG? Wow. Does life get any better? Hmmmmm. I had what I thought would be my last ride aboard 9449 in December 2006...before that it had been 8 years since I had ridden aboard. On my wall I have 20x30 enlargements of both sides of 9449 in her glory days.

Does anyone ever do up web reports with photos of these charters? Any past charters I could look at to see the format?

Everyone here needs to understand there is no finer bus, than the Cornwall 94s. They will be sorely, sorely missed. <_<

For Kevin L, as he is doing the Wiki, I have the following VINs.

8130 - 1GDKP32M2B3501653

8131 - 1GDKP32MXB3501657

8232 - 1GDKP32MXB3504428

Added. Thanks!

A Cornwall charter, I would be interested. What day would this be held? FYI for those from the west heading to Cornwall the first train arrives at 11:30 and the bus at 12:30 on Saturday.

Projected Cornwall Transit charter to be held in a few weekends, preferably in November! The bus will be a 1994 Orion V CNG - projected retirement March 2009 and therefore no chance of making it to Spring 2009.

<_<

Count me in... i don't have many cornwall shots or any shots of the 9400's

It would very likely happen on a Saturday and optimally the charter would take place between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. I have yet to plan the charter and figure out the sun angles.

Count me in....could the charter be held between say, 1 and 4PM? I say this because the first VIA Train arrives from Toronto at 11:37 AM, and there is a departure at 4:56 PM heading for Toronto. The time in between could be used for lunch, so the bus doesn't waste money idling, or in case of delays.

Sun is limited, and becomes really yellow after 3 pm!

I'd like to accomodate but this really has to be between specific times to take advantage of the best sun. This is not meant to alienate anyone from coming. Anyway all times are to be confirmed!!

For the record, the following was seen in the rollsign of Cornwall Transit #9446: (I'm told every vehicle has the same rollsign)

Brookdale

Second

Cumberland

Sunrise Acres

Montreal Road

Riverdale / Glenview

Rvierdale

Pitt

Pitt / St. Andrews

St. Andrews

Pitt & Second

Glengarry

McConnell

Transport Canada

Chartered

Not in Service

Boundary Road

Eastern Industrial Plaza

Western Insustrial Plaza

City Centre

Cornwall Transit

Levis :)

E.S.L.C.

S.L.H.S.

C.C.V.S.

G.V.S.S. / St. Joseph

GV / St. Joe Via McConnell

GV / St. Joe Via Cumberland

E.S.L.C. / S.L.H.S.

Easton / Dunbar

Good Morning

Civic Complex

Special

Extra

Garage

Driver Training

Road Test

Not in Service

Video:

Alex

Thanks for the video! I did the same thing with 9244 back in 1995. I think I might even have a photo someplace of a COMPLETE old rollsign from one of the fishbowls.

Anyway, I viewed the items in the rollsigns and all appear to be original to 9446 except for Riverdale/Glenview. That one is new to me. Also, the route number appears to be a remake as the font and yellow are different than normal.

Long live the 94s.

So is there any more info regarding the Cornwall charter?

The 94s will last forever and go on for all time.

So is there any more info regarding the Cornwall charter?

Not at present. Please stay tuned. I will get to work on this starting this weekend to assess the feasibility of a charter. I am sorry that I cannot give very much advance notice, but the charter will occur on a Saturday at the time of my choosing. It is regrettable that I cannot necessarily accommodate to the wishes of GTA members wanting to attend but we have to respect the sun angles of Cornwall which are earlier than those in Toronto. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

The Cornwall Transit Charter is on. Please refer to the YUL Bus Charters thread in the Montreal section. Thanks.

How many Elderado Ez riders did Cornwall transit order and when was 9445 and 9449 retired?

3 Eldorados.

As stated earlier in this thread 45 was retired after a fire in 2003.

49 was retired after 2006, don't know when.

I can ask my contact(s) at Cornwall Transit for the story on 9449. Please stay tuned.

I'm writing now because I would like to learn about Cornwall Transit and obtain information for the benefit of a future charter. My next objective as far as Cornwall is concerned is to charter a Classic from them and eventually even Orion II CNG. Based on popular demand, the latter could be a doubleheader charter. Anyway stay tuned to YUL Bus Charters' official website at www.montrain.ca/yulbuscharters for further developments with regard to this and I should post any news treating them here as well.

In this post I would like to talk about the main rollsign, and the significance of each exposure. The Orion II rollsign will have to wait for another day and has its own rollsign owing to its community shuttle nature. Now some of the exposures below are obvious but some are not, so I would like the experts to tell me how each exposure is significant. Any corrections are welcome.

Brookdale - for current route 3 (northwest segment)

Second - ?

Cumberland - guessing for the abolished route 4 (note that the wiki is somewhat misleading when it comes to route 4)

Sunrise Acres - for current route 2 (eastern segment)

Montreal Road - for current route 3 (eastern segment)

Riverdale / Glenview - guessing this is for the full route 2 from east to west

Riverdale - for current route 2 (western segment)

Pitt - for current route 1 (northern segment)

Pitt / St. Andrews - guessing this was for route 1 beyond its northern terminus to St. Andrews

St. Andrews - see above

Pitt & Second - for the downtown transfer point

Glengarry - the most eastern point for route 1 - McConnell

McConnell - for route 1 (northeast segment); formerly for route 4 (Proof: http://www.cornwall.ca/pdf/route4.pdf)

Transport Canada - the most eastern point for route 3 - Montreal; now NAV Canada

Chartered

Not in Service

Boundary Road - ?

Eastern Industrial Plaza - for S1, S2, S3, S4; formerly for S5, S6, S7 (Source: CPTDB Wiki)

Western Industrial Plaza - guessing for Western Industrial Plaza but precise details would be beneficial

City Centre - guessing this is another exposure for Pitt & Second

Cornwall Transit

Levis - ?

E.S.L.C. - for Ecole Secondaire La Citadelle

S.L.H.S. - for St. Lawrence High School

C.C.V.S. - for Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School

G.V.S.S. / St. Joseph - for General Vanier Secondary School and St. Joseph's Catholic Secondary School

GV / St. Joe Via McConnell - see above

GV / St. Joe Via Cumberland - see above

E.S.L.C. / S.L.H.S. - see above

Easton / Dunbar - guessing this is for a short turn of route 3 that does not go to Transport Canada (now NAV Canada)

Good Morning

Civic Complex - guessing this is a short turn exposure

Special

Extra

Garage

Driver Training

Road Test

Not in Service

Please see attached photo below. These are the destination sign readings aboard 9139. I will need information for the following exposures.

Zones 1, 2, 3

Power Dam

Of course if old maps and/or schedules can be scanned here for reference and/or uploaded onto the wiki, that is also preferable and helps out in the interest of a historic charter.

Thank you for your support!

Please see attached photo below. These are the destination sign readings aboard 9139. I will need information for the following exposures.

Zones 1, 2, 3

This is JUST a speculation, but didn't Cornwall Transit have/still have a Dial-a-Bus Service? This could have been the Zones of that service?

I could be completely wrong though :)

Alex