D40LF

Cornwall Transit

3 hours ago, SMS said:

Any ideas when the new network will be going live, please? We would love to do a Cornwall Transit fan trip with the old routes and the old system before they vanish. Here is hoping you can also be our operator.

The route changes described in the previous posts start on December 10, 2018.

If you do the fan trip as a charter not sure if they would accommodate your specific request but you could try.   If it’s on regular service I operate on a Pitt/McConnel run in the afternoons/evenings.

Dean

Thanks for the clarifications, it's true that I missed the launch date posted above. Here is hoping that the modified network works out. However I was also curious to learn if and when the restructuring of the system will take place. Earlier, there was talk of eliminating the downtown transfer point with through service, and having the transfer instead at St Lawrence College. I guess that this is not what is happening in a week's time?

22 hours ago, SMS said:

Thanks for the clarifications, it's true that I missed the launch date posted above. Here is hoping that the modified network works out. However I was also curious to learn if and when the restructuring of the system will take place. Earlier, there was talk of eliminating the downtown transfer point with through service, and having the transfer instead at St Lawrence College. I guess that this is not what is happening in a week's time?

No, these are just measures to address the on-time performance in the afternoon.  Some of the routes have been shortened to reduce delays.  To say that it's part of transit master plan is what I find absolutely outrageous.  The re-structured routes should have already been implemented.  I suspect these are interim changes as Leonard Tapp said there may be more changes in March.

1 hour ago, operator13382 said:

1895 is on the road today.   All the Novas are in service.

The Riverdale has 0972 and the only 30 foot bus in service for the regular routes.

9881 is on the extra bus.

(observed at 13:15 December 19, 2018)

Dean

Good news :).  I'll keep an eye out for it.

Has the 15 minute PM service from downtown to Sunrise been eliminated..?  I've noticed there's been an extra bus on the Brookdale route in the afternoon.

13 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Has the 15 minute PM service from downtown to Sunrise been eliminated..?  I've noticed there's been an extra bus on the Brookdale route in the afternoon.

Yes.  The extra is unscheduled again, running 5 minutes ahead of routes that experience higher passenger volumes or noticeable traffic delay patterns.  It is also flexible to switch routes at the last minute in case of a mechanical issue and protect a scheduled service.

City council has passed the 2019 budget.  Looks like 2 Novas and an Arboc will be purchased as replacement buses for this year.  The route alignment from the Transit Master Plan is also to be reviewed for approval, along with a fare increase for May 1st.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, Orion6025 said:

Orion 6 replacement?

According to a sure source, 9882 is slated to be retired first among the three remaining Orion VI. 

On 12/3/2018 at 8:13 AM, sdgta2008 said:

No, these are just measures to address the on-time performance in the afternoon.  Some of the routes have been shortened to reduce delays.  To say that it's part of transit master plan is what I find absolutely outrageous.  The re-structured routes should have already been implemented.  I suspect these are interim changes as Leonard Tapp said there may be more changes in March.

Since we are now in mid-March, I'd love to learn of new changes if any. I am currently planning a fan trip in Cornwall for early May.

12 hours ago, SMS said:

According to a sure source, 9882 is slated to be retired first among the three remaining Orion VI. 

Since we are now in mid-March, I'd love to learn of new changes if any. I am currently planning a fan trip in Cornwall for early May.

I'm keeping an eye out for the agenda for the council meeting that is due to take place on Monday March 25th.  Hopefully they'll discuss route change implementation at that meeting.