Jump to content
D40LF

Cornwall Transit

Recommended Posts

It appears that someone is making use of one of the retired 2003 Orion V.  I saw it inside a maintenance bay at the Cornwall Truck Centre on McConnell Avenue.  I also one of the Orion II's parking at Herbs towing on McConnell.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know what number of ORION is at Cornwall Truck maintenance in the yard?? Also...does anybody else know why those buses are there?? Is anybody doing anything with them?? Personal use??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ViaRail6440 said:

Does anybody know what number of ORION is at Cornwall Truck maintenance in the yard?? Also...does anybody else know why those buses are there?? Is anybody doing anything with them?? Personal use??

the unit is 0359 and is privately owned  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, philipc22 said:

the unit is 0359 and is privately owned  

Ok! Perfect! Thank you! Do you know who owns 9753 which is currently parked at Cornwall Truck Maintenance? (The Mack Dealership) Is it a Private Owner??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ViaRail6440 said:

Ok! Perfect! Thank you! Do you know who owns 9753 which is currently parked at Cornwall Truck Maintenance? (The Mack Dealership) Is it a Private Owner??

It is a private owner.  The city sold off the Orion 2's as surplus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, operator13382 said:

It is a private owner.  The city sold off the Orion 2's as surplus.

Who would buy a bus like that?? Why would you need it and what would you do with it! Me...id paint it like the Cornwall buses and drive around and coax people...but take the decals off!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ViaRail6440 said:

Who would buy a bus like that?? Why would you need it and what would you do with it! Me...id paint it like the Cornwall buses and drive around and coax people...but take the decals off!!

Umm what? Okkkkkkkk then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 11:39 PM, sdgta2008 said:

Nooooo!!!! Some fool driving a minivan crashed into 1792 tonight at Pitt and Tollgate.  Article is on the Cornwall News Watch website.

And now 1793 has been taken out.  It was involved in a collision at the traffic circle last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 23, 2018 at 11:01 AM, sdgta2008 said:

And now 1793 has been taken out.  It was involved in a collision at the traffic circle last night. 

Your kidding me!! 😭😭 Why are all these fools driving into the Novas?? Are they both coming back into service? At least I've seen both of them multiple times before!! 😊

On September 23, 2018 at 11:01 AM, sdgta2008 said:

And now 1793 has been taken out.  It was involved in a collision at the traffic circle last night. 

And how did they drive into 1793??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ViaRail6440 said:

Your kidding me!! 😭😭 Why are all these fools driving into the Novas?? Are they both coming back into service? At least I've seen both of them multiple times before!! 😊

And how did they drive into 1793??

From what I can tell from the photo it looks like that car tried to cut the bus off at the traffic circle.  It happens way too often... I've had close calls myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

From what I can tell from the photo it looks like that car tried to cut the bus off at the traffic circle.  It happens way too often... I've had close calls myself.

Ok...thank you! Is there a news article?? And are both of those Novas (1792/1793) coming back into service??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would they not come back into service? No transit system is in the habit of retiring brand new buses because of a scrape up. Relax buddy! Your tax dollars are working hard for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMS said:

Why would they not come back into service? No transit system is in the habit of retiring brand new buses because of a scrape up. Relax buddy! Your tax dollars are working hard for you.

1793 has since returned to service.  The damage to 1792 wasn't all that extensive, I'm sure it will be back soon, if it has returned already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Orion 6 replacement?

Yeah, I believe they're one bus short from the 3 ex-Kingston Orion VI retirements and the 2 Orion V retirements...  I recall seeing a tender that was granted to Nova Bus for an LFS to be delivered in November 2018.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 7:06 AM, sdgta2008 said:

Anyone know if Cornwall Transit is still expected to take delivery of an LFS this month...?

The bus becoming 1895 came into property last week sometime.  It has yet to be decaled or have accessories like farebox, 2 way radio or camera installed.   One small difference with this bus it will have a door switch on the outside similar to the Eldorado’s.

When I was at the garage today I was told that 1792 is expected back soon after repairing damage sustained in a collision, and 9881 is almost about to be put back into service (was also damaged in a collision close to a year ago)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI Routing Changes in Cornwall effective December 10, 2018 (coinciding with the drivers bid).  These changes are intended to help drivers keep on schedule during the peak hours.  Further changes can also be expected in March 2019.

1 Pitt - No Changes

1 McConnell - Busses will now turn left at Eleventh and McConnell instead of going up to Twelfth.  Eliminating stops at Twelfth East and Miron, Twelfth East and Guy, Eleventh East and Grand. 

2 Sunrise - Busses will continue straight on Holy Cross to Leitch.  Eliminating stops mid block on Hamilton, Lynn and Glen Oaks, Lynn and Fraser, Mid block on Jase. Stops at Hamilton and Holy Cross,  and McMartin and Jase most likely to be moved to new route.  Not sure if any other new stops to be added.

2 Cumberland - Busses will continue straight on Cumberland at Thirteenth West.  Eliminating stops at Henry and Thirteenth, Henry and Alfred, Fourteenth and Mary.  Most likely stops at Thirteenth and Notre Dame and Fifteenth and Cumberland will be moved onto the new routing.

3 Brookdale - No Changes

3 Montreal - No Changes

4 Riverdale - Busses will now service the Wal-Mart/Smart Centre.  From Brookdale east on Seventh Street Extension, to east on Seventh Street Court continue to the Wal-Mart Driveway, service Wal-Mart at the current 2 Cumberland stop, right turn onto Ninth West.  Stop on Seventh Street Extension moves to Wal-Mart and Ninth west and Brookdale will only be served by the 2 Sunrise headed towards downtown.

61 - Community Service will no longer service the Benson Centre or Cornwall Transit.  From Brookdale traffic circle buses will head south on Brookdale to Second West.

This is a summary (and some of my assumptions) of the memo that was provided to the drivers (I am one of them in case anybody is wondering why I know so much about what is happening with CT).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, operator13382 said:

FYI Routing Changes in Cornwall effective December 10, 2018 (coinciding with the drivers bid).  These changes are intended to help drivers keep on schedule during the peak hours.  Further changes can also be expected in March 2019.

1 Pitt - No Changes

1 McConnell - Busses will now turn left at Eleventh and McConnell instead of going up to Twelfth.  Eliminating stops at Twelfth East and Miron, Twelfth East and Guy, Eleventh East and Grand. 

2 Sunrise - Busses will continue straight on Holy Cross to Leitch.  Eliminating stops mid block on Hamilton, Lynn and Glen Oaks, Lynn and Fraser, Mid block on Jase. Stops at Hamilton and Holy Cross,  and McMartin and Jase most likely to be moved to new route.  Not sure if any other new stops to be added.

2 Cumberland - Busses will continue straight on Cumberland at Thirteenth West.  Eliminating stops at Henry and Thirteenth, Henry and Alfred, Fourteenth and Mary.  Most likely stops at Thirteenth and Notre Dame and Fifteenth and Cumberland will be moved onto the new routing.

3 Brookdale - No Changes

3 Montreal - No Changes

4 Riverdale - Busses will now service the Wal-Mart/Smart Centre.  From Brookdale east on Seventh Street Extension, to east on Seventh Street Court continue to the Wal-Mart Driveway, service Wal-Mart at the current 2 Cumberland stop, right turn onto Ninth West.  Stop on Seventh Street Extension moves to Wal-Mart and Ninth west and Brookdale will only be served by the 2 Sunrise headed towards downtown.

61 - Community Service will no longer service the Benson Centre or Cornwall Transit.  From Brookdale traffic circle buses will head south on Brookdale to Second West.

This is a summary (and some of my assumptions) of the memo that was provided to the drivers (I am one of them in case anybody is wondering why I know so much about what is happening with CT).

There will be many who will cry fowl over these changes.  Many of these eliminated stops currently serve low-income housing areas (especially Royal Oak which will be completely cut off).  It's going to be a long winter....

9 hours ago, operator13382 said:

The bus becoming 1895 came into property last week sometime.  It has yet to be decaled or have accessories like farebox, 2 way radio or camera installed.   One small difference with this bus it will have a door switch on the outside similar to the Eldorado’s.

When I was at the garage today I was told that 1792 is expected back soon after repairing damage sustained in a collision, and 9881 is almost about to be put back into service (was also damaged in a collision close to a year ago)

Excellent news :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, 13382. Can you please tell us if a new system map will be printed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 9:31 AM, SMS said:

Thanks for the update, 13382. Can you please tell us if a new system map will be printed?

I believe there may be.   There is one in the drivers lunchroom for review and familiarization. 

Dean

184EA4A3-9BB6-4218-8535-9B49BF8E05DB.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas when the new network will be going live, please? We would love to do a Cornwall Transit fan trip with the old routes and the old system before they vanish. Here is hoping you can also be our operator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×