D40LF

Cornwall Transit

5 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

They sold for 25 bucks !!! , should have buy them and then resale them to scapyard, could have made a hefty profit !

the curent one are up at 500$ starting biding price 

15 hours ago, eclair14 said:

They sold for 25 bucks !!! , should have buy them and then resale them to scapyard, could have made a hefty profit !

You would be lucky to break even as not to many scrap yards scrap CNG buses due to not wanting to handle the tanks. Also the cost of towing to the scrap yard.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎24 at 11:10 AM, sdgta2008 said:

I can't be certain but i think I saw Bubba (0677) on death row.  Can anyone confirm if they FINALLY retired that bus?

Sorry, disregard.  I saw 0677 in the maintenance bay today.

1 hour ago, sdgta2008 said:

Sorry, disregard.  I saw 0677 in the maintenance bay today.

We will know when it is retired when it appears online for auction.

Not sure if Bubba is charter-worthy... I am hesitant whether operator13382 would even put his name in to do it :lol: In all seriousness, I would offer a fan trip on a V or VI, hek even possibly a LFS or an El Dorado before Bubba.

Anyone know how easy it is to find the cornwall transit orion V's and VI's? I was planning to try and find some, as im heading to cornwall.

2 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

Anyone know how easy it is to find the cornwall transit orion V's and VI's? I was planning to try and find some, as im heading to cornwall.

If they are in service 
Hang around the DT Transfer area ( Second Street and Pitt Street ) during the M-F peak periods.

• Like 1

A few random things i spotted or found out about cornwall transit that i havent seen posted above.

-V's are almost exclusively used on cornwall business park routes, as the wheelchair lift doesnt work. (According to an op).

-The V's should be retired by the end of the year. (According to an op).

-VI's can be easily found at rush hour on rtes 1, 2, 3.

-The seat inserts have been replaced on the VI's since being bought from miway, however the wheelchair vertical pads still have the miway brown vynil.

Pic below of 0359.

20170710_161146.jpg

Both Orion Vs are out on main routes today.  0359 on Route 3 and 0360 on Route 2.

0677 didn't come out on the Riverdale route.  0972 is running that route today.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 11:12 PM, H4 5600 said:

-The V's should be retired by the end of the year. (According to an op).

I got an answer from the top: Cornwall Transit expects delivery of 3 new LFS units towards the end of December, and the Vs will be retired in January 2018. So we will still have time to offer a Christmas Lights Charter.

• Like 4

On 16/08/2017 at 3:44 PM, SMS said:

I got an answer from the top: Cornwall Transit expects delivery of 3 new LFS units towards the end of December, and the Vs will be retired in January 2018. So we will still have time to offer a Christmas Lights Charter.

Apparently 0359 is stored and 0360 is retired.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Loopsy2222 said:

And who told you this?

It makes sense... It's been over a month since I've seen one of them out.  They've been using an Arboc on the Cornwall Business Park run.

28 minutes ago, sdgta2008 said:

It makes sense... It's been over a month since I've seen one of them out.  They've been using an Arboc on the Cornwall Business Park run.

9881 on the buisness park run today 

8 hours ago, Loopsy2222 said:

And who told you this?

Two kids went to Cornwall very recently and chartered 9887 and now photos of 0360 are showing it with no fare box parked beside 8558. 0359 is sitting beside it as well. Which concludes that they were telling the truth.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Two kids went to Cornwall very recently and chartered 9887 and now photos of 0360 are showing it with no fare box parked beside 8558. 0359 is sitting beside it as well. Which concludes that they were telling the truth.

And there lies the end of high floor conventional buses in Cornwall.  They had a good run.  Though I can't wait for those new Novas to get here! :) 

4 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

And there lies the end of high floor conventional buses in Cornwall.  They had a good run.  Though I can't wait for those new Novas to get here! :) 

Not nessessarly. 0359 is stored awaiting a part of some sort. It might last into the Charter but that is unknown.

• Like 1

One thing is for sure, I will not advance the date of the charter. Astute enthusiasts will remember that we have already chartered 0359 once. If the bus is unavailable, we will simply charter an Orion VI. Thanks for the news however!

• Haha 1