Cornwall Transit

D40LF

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting news. I note that the website does not show a new transit map featuring the 71 Express sadly. The website however did provide the following link: https://www.cornwall.ca/en/live-here/resources/Transit/71-EXPRESS.pdf

As much as I like Cornwall Transit, I cannot believe that they would market it as a frequent route seeing as how it does one direction per hour. It is not exactly operator friendly either... the driver must turn and burn at Pitt and Second every trip unless he or she can gain a little time mid route. Comparatively, the free Canada Day shuttle runs 3 times an hour! Source: https://www.cornwall.ca/en/live-here/resources/Transit/canada-day-schedule-2019.pdf

I hope that this new express is a success. It seems to have linked most of the city's important trip generators. I just hope that it is a true limited stop route. I would also like to ask whether the creation of this route involved hiring more operators or having an extra bus available from the spare ratio.

• 2 weeks later...

The 71 Express Route, I have seen lots of new signs for it, but I have a few questions, hopefully a few of you could answer? 

Is this 71 Express Route a new implement route, or just a trial, and if so, where can I find a timetable!

Thanks and all the best!

-SDGBusFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed that the city has moved around some shelters.  The old shelter at York and Water Sts has moved to St. Lawrence College.  Another old shelter was installed on McConnell Ave. across from Freshco, though I'm wondering where that particular shelter came from.....?

On 8/22/2019 at 8:28 AM, sdgta2008 said:

I've noticed that the city has moved around some shelters.  The old shelter at York and Water Sts has moved to St. Lawrence College.  Another old shelter was installed on McConnell Ave. across from Freshco, though I'm wondering where that particular shelter came from.....?

New budgets I guess? The city maybe found these weren't Transit "Hotspots", so they moved them to more hotspots?

3 hours ago, SDGBusFan said:

New budgets I guess? The city maybe found these weren't Transit "Hotspots", so they moved them to more hotspots?

Could be.  I just realized that 2 shelters in Glenview Heights needed to be removed stemming from the route changes back in September.  And the shelter in Sunrise Acres was also removed. 

2 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

PM service for 71 EXPRESS is increasing to every 30 minutes from 1pm to 5pm as of this Tuesday.  Could this mean Arbocs coming back to the Riverdale route on a more permanent basis...? ?.  I've not yet seen an LFS or an Orion VI for that matter on 71 EXPRESS.

Is that what usually runs on the Express route? If so, that's not a good thing.

48 minutes ago, Chris W said:

Arbocs have run 71 EXPRESS on occasion but an Eldorado is usually assigned to that run.  That being said, if they're adding another bus to 71 EXPRESS in the afternoon, that means the Riverdale route could have an Arboc assigned to it regularly instead of an Eldorado...

On 9/1/2019 at 7:25 PM, Chris W said:

I thought that you liked cutaways.

Regardless, service expansion is a very good thing. Sounds like the 71 Express is a hit!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SMS said:

Regardless, service expansion is a very good thing. Sounds like the 71 Express is a hit!

With college back in session at SLC, ridership will increase significantly.  In combination with Route 3, the college will have buses passing through every 15 minutes ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SMS said:

I'd say the 71 EXPRESS routing would be a good model for Sunday Service (for one day when/if the city decides to implement Sunday Service).  Add that with a Pitt/McConnell route running every hour, only 2 buses will be needed.  

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a new Transit route/run last night. Cornwall Transit doesn't seem to have stated anything, but the route is named "Cirque du Soleil". Possibly for the new show coming to town, seemed to be running from the Civic Complex to Nav Canada with a few stops in between.

Last night, Nova 1792 was running the route

2 hours ago, SDGBusFan said:

Noticed a new Transit route/run last night. Cornwall Transit doesn't seem to have stated anything, but the route is named "Cirque du Soleil". Possibly for the new show coming to town, seemed to be running from the Civic Complex to Nav Canada with a few stops in between.

Last night, Nova 1792 was running the route

It could just be a shuttle chartered by the Nav Centre.