Cornwall Transit

D40LF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On September 23, 2018 at 11:01 AM, sdgta2008 said:

And now 1793 has been taken out.  It was involved in a collision at the traffic circle last night. 

Your kidding me!! ?? Why are all these fools driving into the Novas?? Are they both coming back into service? At least I've seen both of them multiple times before!! ?

On September 23, 2018 at 11:01 AM, sdgta2008 said:

And now 1793 has been taken out.  It was involved in a collision at the traffic circle last night. 

And how did they drive into 1793??

20 hours ago, ViaRail6440 said:

Your kidding me!! ?? Why are all these fools driving into the Novas?? Are they both coming back into service? At least I've seen both of them multiple times before!! ?

And how did they drive into 1793??

From what I can tell from the photo it looks like that car tried to cut the bus off at the traffic circle.  It happens way too often... I've had close calls myself.

5 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

From what I can tell from the photo it looks like that car tried to cut the bus off at the traffic circle.  It happens way too often... I've had close calls myself.

Ok...thank you! Is there a news article?? And are both of those Novas (1792/1793) coming back into service??

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SMS said:

Why would they not come back into service? No transit system is in the habit of retiring brand new buses because of a scrape up. Relax buddy! Your tax dollars are working hard for you.

1793 has since returned to service.  The damage to 1792 wasn't all that extensive, I'm sure it will be back soon, if it has returned already.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 7:06 AM, sdgta2008 said:

Anyone know if Cornwall Transit is still expected to take delivery of an LFS this month...?

The bus becoming 1895 came into property last week sometime.  It has yet to be decaled or have accessories like farebox, 2 way radio or camera installed.   One small difference with this bus it will have a door switch on the outside similar to the Eldorado’s.

When I was at the garage today I was told that 1792 is expected back soon after repairing damage sustained in a collision, and 9881 is almost about to be put back into service (was also damaged in a collision close to a year ago)

FYI Routing Changes in Cornwall effective December 10, 2018 (coinciding with the drivers bid).  These changes are intended to help drivers keep on schedule during the peak hours.  Further changes can also be expected in March 2019.

1 Pitt - No Changes

1 McConnell - Busses will now turn left at Eleventh and McConnell instead of going up to Twelfth.  Eliminating stops at Twelfth East and Miron, Twelfth East and Guy, Eleventh East and Grand. 

2 Sunrise - Busses will continue straight on Holy Cross to Leitch.  Eliminating stops mid block on Hamilton, Lynn and Glen Oaks, Lynn and Fraser, Mid block on Jase. Stops at Hamilton and Holy Cross,  and McMartin and Jase most likely to be moved to new route.  Not sure if any other new stops to be added.

2 Cumberland - Busses will continue straight on Cumberland at Thirteenth West.  Eliminating stops at Henry and Thirteenth, Henry and Alfred, Fourteenth and Mary.  Most likely stops at Thirteenth and Notre Dame and Fifteenth and Cumberland will be moved onto the new routing.

3 Brookdale - No Changes

3 Montreal - No Changes

4 Riverdale - Busses will now service the Wal-Mart/Smart Centre.  From Brookdale east on Seventh Street Extension, to east on Seventh Street Court continue to the Wal-Mart Driveway, service Wal-Mart at the current 2 Cumberland stop, right turn onto Ninth West.  Stop on Seventh Street Extension moves to Wal-Mart and Ninth west and Brookdale will only be served by the 2 Sunrise headed towards downtown.

61 - Community Service will no longer service the Benson Centre or Cornwall Transit.  From Brookdale traffic circle buses will head south on Brookdale to Second West.

This is a summary (and some of my assumptions) of the memo that was provided to the drivers (I am one of them in case anybody is wondering why I know so much about what is happening with CT).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, operator13382 said:

FYI Routing Changes in Cornwall effective December 10, 2018 (coinciding with the drivers bid).  These changes are intended to help drivers keep on schedule during the peak hours.  Further changes can also be expected in March 2019.

1 Pitt - No Changes

1 McConnell - Busses will now turn left at Eleventh and McConnell instead of going up to Twelfth.  Eliminating stops at Twelfth East and Miron, Twelfth East and Guy, Eleventh East and Grand. 

2 Sunrise - Busses will continue straight on Holy Cross to Leitch.  Eliminating stops mid block on Hamilton, Lynn and Glen Oaks, Lynn and Fraser, Mid block on Jase. Stops at Hamilton and Holy Cross,  and McMartin and Jase most likely to be moved to new route.  Not sure if any other new stops to be added.

2 Cumberland - Busses will continue straight on Cumberland at Thirteenth West.  Eliminating stops at Henry and Thirteenth, Henry and Alfred, Fourteenth and Mary.  Most likely stops at Thirteenth and Notre Dame and Fifteenth and Cumberland will be moved onto the new routing.

3 Brookdale - No Changes

3 Montreal - No Changes

4 Riverdale - Busses will now service the Wal-Mart/Smart Centre.  From Brookdale east on Seventh Street Extension, to east on Seventh Street Court continue to the Wal-Mart Driveway, service Wal-Mart at the current 2 Cumberland stop, right turn onto Ninth West.  Stop on Seventh Street Extension moves to Wal-Mart and Ninth west and Brookdale will only be served by the 2 Sunrise headed towards downtown.

61 - Community Service will no longer service the Benson Centre or Cornwall Transit.  From Brookdale traffic circle buses will head south on Brookdale to Second West.

This is a summary (and some of my assumptions) of the memo that was provided to the drivers (I am one of them in case anybody is wondering why I know so much about what is happening with CT).

There will be many who will cry fowl over these changes.  Many of these eliminated stops currently serve low-income housing areas (especially Royal Oak which will be completely cut off).  It's going to be a long winter....

9 hours ago, operator13382 said:

The bus becoming 1895 came into property last week sometime.  It has yet to be decaled or have accessories like farebox, 2 way radio or camera installed.   One small difference with this bus it will have a door switch on the outside similar to the Eldorado’s.

When I was at the garage today I was told that 1792 is expected back soon after repairing damage sustained in a collision, and 9881 is almost about to be put back into service (was also damaged in a collision close to a year ago)

Excellent news :)

Any ideas when the new network will be going live, please? We would love to do a Cornwall Transit fan trip with the old routes and the old system before they vanish. Here is hoping you can also be our operator.