BCT-3122-D800-10240

AC Transit

When they arrived, yes. But some were repowered.

I know at least one got a 6V92TA. And another one got a Cummins L10/Voith.

The Flyers that were sold to CCCTA were repowered with DDEC 6V92TA but kept the V730s.

Okay thanks for the info. I will add that to the wiki. It seems like most Flyer D900's and D901's had VTB-903's. Oh okay. Someone filmed a County Connection 1982 Flyer D901 in 1997 and it had a 6V92TA/V730. I didn't know those were from AC.

4001-4021 are completely retired. The remaining 7000's are no longer active and are most likely being retired.

all of the 1st lot NABI low floors are off the property. a bunch of 40' and 60' first lot Van Hools are also gone and most of the 1st lot MCI (7 left).

and in answer to the earlier question about 903 Cummins in the D901 Flyers, yes, the whole fleet had them. there were some retrofits, but I don't know which ones.

for those D901s that became CCCTA buses, here they are:

AC 1000 = CCCTA 300, 1001 = 301, 1002 =302, 1006 through 1013 = 303 through 310, 1015-16 = 311-12, 1018 = 313.

all of the 1st lot NABI low floors are off the property. a bunch of 40' and 60' first lot Van Hools are also gone and most of the 1st lot MCI (7 left).

and in answer to the earlier question about 903 Cummins in the D901 Flyers, yes, the whole fleet had them. there were some retrofits, but I don't know which ones.

for those D901s that became CCCTA buses, here they are:

AC 1000 = CCCTA 300, 1001 = 301, 1002 =302, 1006 through 1013 = 303 through 310, 1015-16 = 311-12, 1018 = 313.

That sucks. Muni actually just retired NABI 8010 due to bad shape. It looks like they are getting ready to retire some more as well because certain units at the yard are missing their license plates now. Yeah I heard DC Circulator got the Van Hools. Do you know where the MCI's are going? Just saying of MCI, I was just in Marin City this morning and Golden Gate Transit is getting ready to sell of their 1997 MCI's (most going to Marin Transit I've heard). I got footage of some and they had their logos painted over already.

Thanks for the answer to those questions.

New rapid transit line! "9.5-mile line, primarily on International Boulevard, connecting downtown Oakland and the San Leandro BART station," writes Wendy Lee of the San Francisco Chronicle. "The transit agency aims to open the line in 2017."

According to the FTA, about 78 percent of the route will have dedicated bus lanes, "as well as 34 new bus stations with real-time arrival information, level boarding platforms and ticket vending machines."

Apparently this will not be the first BRT in the SF Bay area. The first Bay Area BRT line will be in the South Bay, opening in 2015. However, only about 2 miles of that--Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority's 7.2-mile line--will have dedicated lanes.

That sucks. Muni actually just retired NABI 8010 due to bad shape. It looks like they are getting ready to retire some more as well because certain units at the yard are missing their license plates now. Yeah I heard DC Circulator got the Van Hools. Do you know where the MCI's are going? Just saying of MCI, I was just in Marin City this morning and Golden Gate Transit is getting ready to sell of their 1997 MCI's (most going to Marin Transit I've heard). I got footage of some and they had their logos painted over already.

Thanks for the answer to those questions.

sorry for the long delay in responding to your question...

the AC MCI's are going to scrap. it's sad, because they're very low mileage, but it's a matter of economics. if they were to be sold to a second party, the tires would have to be replaced with scrap tires, or the remaining $$ on them deducted from the sale price, thus reducing the amount of return. as scrap, the scrapper removes the wheels and the whole sled goes to the shredder, and AC gets maximum return on the sale. (which is about $1500.)

as for the GGT MCI... I do not know.

New rapid transit line! "9.5-mile line, primarily on International Boulevard, connecting downtown Oakland and the San Leandro BART station," writes Wendy Lee of the San Francisco Chronicle. "The transit agency aims to open the line in 2017."

According to the FTA, about 78 percent of the route will have dedicated bus lanes, "as well as 34 new bus stations with real-time arrival information, level boarding platforms and ticket vending machines."

Apparently this will not be the first BRT in the SF Bay area. The first Bay Area BRT line will be in the South Bay, opening in 2015. However, only about 2 miles of that--Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority's 7.2-mile line--will have dedicated lanes.

this thing is going to be a cluster. traffic is already bad on the corridors affected and eliminating half of the lanes will only make it worse. but the 'force people out of their cars' set just love this sort of thing and all sorts of tax $$ are thrown at it. businesses on the route are just now figuring out that their street parking is going to go away, too, which will affect their revenue.

the 'only' upside to this is that the BRT buses are going to be Flyers.

oh, and another thing.... it appears that someone thinks that double decker buses will be just the thing to replace the MCI and artics for high density and transbay routes. hopefully this will die an early death....

sorry for the long delay in responding to your question...

the AC MCI's are going to scrap. it's sad, because they're very low mileage, but it's a matter of economics. if they were to be sold to a second party, the tires would have to be replaced with scrap tires, or the remaining $$ on them deducted from the sale price, thus reducing the amount of return. as scrap, the scrapper removes the wheels and the whole sled goes to the shredder, and AC gets maximum return on the sale. (which is about $1500.)

as for the GGT MCI... I do not know.

oh, and another thing.... it appears that someone thinks that double decker buses will be just the thing to replace the MCI and artics for high density and transbay routes. hopefully this will die an early death....

No problem.

So they won't even be auctioned off or anything? That's a real shame.

I think GGT's MCI's will be alright. Someone on norcal bus fans found an Ex-GGT 1982 GMC RTS (1002) in 2015 so, the MCIs from them might be safe for now.

Let's hope they don't get double deckers.

By the way, are you part of nor cal bus fans on facebook? We have an excursion coming on Feb. 15th, 2015.

Traffic is already bad on the corridors affected and eliminating half of the lanes will only make it worse. but the 'force people out of their cars' set just love this sort of thing and all sorts of tax $$ are thrown at it. businesses on the route are just now figuring out that their street parking is going to go away, too, which will affect their revenue.

the 'only' upside to this is that the BRT buses are going to be Flyers.

BRT could attract more business because people could get off the bus and find places to go instead of finding park and pay for parking.

Let's hope they don't get double deckers.

What is so bad about Double Decker buses?

By the way, are you part of nor cal bus fans on facebook? We have an excursion coming on Feb. 15th, 2015.

no, I am not. where are you planning on going?

BRT could attract more business because people could get off the bus and find places to go instead of finding park and pay for parking.

What is so bad about Double Decker buses?

if you go shopping, do you REALLY want to lug it all on and off buses that won't have any seats? and the businesses affected are services: paint, bulk items. it's not like people are just going to go card shopping and to a restaurant (not that BRT is going to STOP anywhere near any of this... look at the rare stops the 1R makes--it'll be the same thing.)

as for double deckers... no headroom. no supervision of the upper deck. if sitting on the upper deck, lots of shouting at drivers to not pull away yet because you're STILL trying to negotiate the aisle, stairs and standees. it's bad enough with everything on teh same level. and I certainly don't want to be stuck on the upper deck of one of these things with a busload of youths out of control--which is bad enough in the trailer ends of artics. the complaint with the MCI is the narrow loading door, which makes it difficult for regular service stops (submarine clearance, people tripping over each other getting to it and through the aisle, etc.) with a double decker, one has narrow spiral stairs to contend with, too. after having dealt with a demonstrator some years ago, it is not something I want to have to actually ride on a regular basis. and I don't care that London uses them. this is not London.

no, I am not. where are you planning on going?

if you go shopping, do you REALLY want to lug it all on and off buses that won't have any seats? and the businesses affected are services: paint, bulk items. it's not like people are just going to go card shopping and to a restaurant (not that BRT is going to STOP anywhere near any of this... look at the rare stops the 1R makes--it'll be the same thing.)

as for double deckers... no headroom. no supervision of the upper deck. if sitting on the upper deck, lots of shouting at drivers to not pull away yet because you're STILL trying to negotiate the aisle, stairs and standees. it's bad enough with everything on teh same level. and I certainly don't want to be stuck on the upper deck of one of these things with a busload of youths out of control--which is bad enough in the trailer ends of artics. the complaint with the MCI is the narrow loading door, which makes it difficult for regular service stops (submarine clearance, people tripping over each other getting to it and through the aisle, etc.) with a double decker, one has narrow spiral stairs to contend with, too. after having dealt with a demonstrator some years ago, it is not something I want to have to actually ride on a regular basis. and I don't care that London uses them. this is not London.

We should be starting at Millbrae BART/Caltrain station at 9:20AM.

I have to agree with all of these statements. It's one thing to have double deckers for tour buses, but for average public transportation, it can be a disaster.

Yes I do because it cheaper and easier because I do not need to find parking and pay for it including gas. Bulk if they delivery it could be good for them because people might want to come shop their. Paint I agree with you I wouldn't want to take it on transit.

as for double deckers... no headroom. no supervision of the upper deck. if sitting on the upper deck, lots of shouting at drivers to not pull away yet because you're STILL trying to negotiate the aisle, stairs and standees. it's bad enough with everything on [the] same level. and I certainly don't want to be stuck on the upper deck of one of these things with a busload of youths out of control--which is bad enough in the trailer ends of artics. the complaint with the MCI is the narrow loading door, which makes it difficult for regular service stops (submarine clearance, people tripping over each other getting to it and through the aisle, etc.) with a double decker, one has narrow spiral stairs to contend with, too. after having dealt with a demonstrator some years ago, it is not something I want to have to actually ride on a regular basis. and I don't care that London uses them. this is not London.

I found that their ok headroom on upper decker. I found that double deckers did have that problem because customs could get use to waiting a little longer at stops. AC Transit could order the Enviro500 since they do have a spiral stairs. Also here is good argument that most people like about them take less room compared to an artics buses on the road. The double deckers would only work on the Transbay routes since they could be good for because the routes are express.

BTW, why their is square brackets around the because I need to fix the spelling.

Yes I do because it cheaper and easier because I do not need to find parking and pay for it including gas. Bulk if they delivery it could be good for them because people might want to come shop their. Paint I agree with you I wouldn't want to take it on transit.

I found that their ok headroom on upper decker. I found that double deckers did have that problem because customs could get use to waiting a little longer at stops. AC Transit could order the Enviro500 since they do have a spiral stairs. Also here is good argument that most people like about them take less room compared to an artics buses on the road. The double deckers would only work on the Transbay routes since they could be good for because the routes are express.

BTW, why their is square brackets around the because I need to fix the spelling.

you mustn't be very tall :-) a demo I rode, my head was hitting the ceiling when standing upright (I'm 5'8"). double deckers being larger in height means an awful lot of trees being traumatically trimmed, too. already those Van Hools with the roof fairings are collecting a lot of branches. I followed behind one once and had to dodge falling debris.

casual shopping on a bus works to a point. but serious shopping is dependent on what you can actually lift and carry and could lead to many trips, or taking up an awful lot of space inside the bus. like those bag people lugging around garbage bags full of empty cans. (and yes, I've seen this on many occasions...)

Double Decker buses can be useful for suburban commuter runs. In Seattle, Community Transit has been using them since 2010. They've been such a success up there they've ordered 22 more to replace the 1998 D60LFs later this year. Sound Transit is also acquiring 5 buses for the I-5 connector routes to/from Snohomish County. They fit a similar amount of passengers as an artic, but take up less space on the road. They're also less expensive to maintain than an articulated coach.

The primary use for the current double deckers in Seattle is commuter services. They operate from Snohomish County to downtown Seattle on weekdays only, and then head back out to Snohomish county in the evening.

Other cities like Las Vegas and Victoria, BC have double deckers in regular service as well. If utilized properly they can be a most useful type of bus, but we'll just have to wait and see how the demonstration with AC Transit goes.

Double Decker buses can be useful for suburban commuter runs. In Seattle, Community Transit has been using them since 2010. They've been such a success up there they've ordered 22 more to replace the 1998 D60LFs later this year. Sound Transit is also acquiring 5 buses for the I-5 connector routes to/from Snohomish County. They fit a similar amount of passengers as an artic, but take up less space on the road. They're also less expensive to maintain than an articulated coach.

The primary use for the current double deckers in Seattle is commuter services. They operate from Snohomish County to downtown Seattle on weekdays only, and then head back out to Snohomish county in the evening.

Other cities like Las Vegas and Victoria, BC have double deckers in regular service as well. If utilized properly they can be a most useful type of bus, but we'll just have to wait and see how the demonstration with AC Transit goes.

AC seems to think it's a fit for regular city routes. it's going to be on the 51B. I've already heard that it's having troubles with 'road crowns'. when it dips in for a stop, the upper deck leans in at an angle. there's lots of trees on the 51B route....

as a long haul commuter with limited stops it 'could' work, but not if you're over 5'4" on the upper deck.

A fuel-cell installed in an Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District’s (AC Transit) bus set a record-breaking milestone — 20,000 hours of continuous operation. The fuel-cell, manufactured by UTC Power, was not expected to operate beyond 5,000 hours, or about one year of service for an AC Transit bus.

With 20,000 hours of zero emission service, AC Transit’s quiet-running fuel-cell bus has helped to improve the overall air quality, dramatically reducing the amount of noise and pollution in the communities it serves. By itself, the fuel-cell bus has removed 1,134,000 pounds of CO2 from the atmosphere — equivalent to planting 13,189 trees or taking 108 passenger vehicles off the road for one year.

http://www.metro-magazine.com/sustainability/news/295021/ac-transit-fuel-cell-bus-exceeds-20k-hour-of-service

I recently saw the AC Transit 2901-2971 page and I know that several units ended up with Free Enterprise Bus System in Chicago. These are numbers I have confirmed through my photos.

2905 - 29709
2930 - 29703
2932 - 29710
2948 - 29706

2 hours ago, MTA-(T)-Train said:

I recently saw the AC Transit 2901-2971 page and I know that several units ended up with Free Enterprise Bus System in Chicago. These are numbers I have confirmed through my photos.

2905 - 29709

2930 - 29703

2932 - 29710

2948 - 29706

Thank you very much for your input! Let me know when you acquire more former ACT unit numbers, as I added in all of that info for 2901-2971 yesterday. I have updated the pages: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Alameda-Contra_Costa_Transit_District_2901-2971#Details https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/The_Free_Enterprise_System_29701-29710,_29714,_29718#Details

On 1/20/2017 at 1:13 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

Any more info on the 15 E500's from Alexander Dennis that AC Transit is getting?

They ordered 10 firm back in Aug 2016 and took 5 options in Sept 2016. They will replace the Older MCI, They had 19 options so with the 5 taken they can still get another 14 if they take the options. Also UniTrans-University of California, Davis and WestCAT-Western Contra Costa Transit Authority as these agencies willhold options under the contract to acquire three and six double deck buses, respectively.

http://www.actransit.org/wp-content/uploads/board_memos/15-251b Double Deck Bus Procurement.pdf

• Like 2