AC Transit

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Guest M. Wright

How about we remember AC Transit's better days....see image..:lol:

AC_Transit_705___708.jpg

AC had beter days? Didn't know that? :D

Hmm I guess they had beter days inorder to run more then one Minifishies.

Even more better days...:lol:

AC_Transit_942.jpg

People that have the Corgi model of the AC Transit bus will recognize this one.

Thankfully I bought one when the value of that thing was still low............you probably can't get that model without 100 bucks nowdays on Ebay..........or you may not even be able to get one even when you have the cash! Wait till a weekend and I'll go into my storage and dig that bus out and share with you guys. :D Do you have that model, Steve?

AC did however converted from 40ft to 30ft. Took some tedious work.

Why did they want to shorten a bus? (Doesn't makes much sense economic-wise)

Dave

Yup, one of them is privately owned and restored is the states.

Your refering to the 2 baby bowls that I posted a picture of. They are 705 and 708. As for other AC Transit fishbowls that are restored and owned privately throughout California are 100, 146 and 942. There are more but I can't remember the numbers right now. 100 and 146 are 35ft.

AC Transit's Holiday bus for 2003-04. Enjoy!

1074left.jpg1074.jpg

Is Everyone ready for Christmas yet??! LOL!

MT used to do that. One time my grandma found out the Fishbowl (I have heard it was 2025) was going to be on the 26, one transfer from home, so we took the 38 down to Burnhamthorpe and waited for the Christmas bus. (I think) a D60HF showed up and I started crying :D:P The driver told us that the Christams bus was not big enough for the 26, so they weren't running it that day...

MT used to do that. One time my grandma found out the Fishbowl (I have heard it was 2025) was going to be on the 26, one transfer from home, so we took the 38 down to Burnhamthorpe and waited for the Christmas bus. (I think) a D60HF showed up and I started crying :P:P The driver told us that the Christams bus was not big enough for the 26, so they weren't running it that day...

They also did that with a Flyer D800B.

• 3 years later...

AC Transit (Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District) is one of several bus systems serving parts of Alameda County and Contra Costa County in the western coastal area of the East Bay. AC Transit’s main service area is in Oakland with multiple lines beginning or ending at BART stations as well as Transbay lines leading into Downtown San Francisco at the Transbay Terminal.

AC Transit’s fleet consists of NABIs, New Flyer D60HFs, MCI D4500s for most of the Transbay service and Van Hools of the 30, 40 & 60 foot variety.

Van Hool A300K #5001 at El Cerrito Del Norte BART Station. 5001 is one of two series of 30 foot Van Hools operating for AC Transit:

WCT3535.jpg

Van Hool A330 #1004, one of several painted in the “Rapid” scheme for Route 72R is seen exiting El Cerrito Del Norte on its way to San Pablo:

WCT3539.jpg

Route 72 is split into three lines (72 Local, 72M & 72 Rapid). All three maintain 15 minute or less headways throughout the day. New Flyer D60HF #1903 is one of 30 purchased by AC Transit in 1996 and notorious for being assigned to this route:

WCT3540.jpg

Van Hool AG300 #2051 is resting in-between runs on Route 1 in Downtown Berkeley. #2051 is one several Van Hool artics used for heavy density service throughout the region:

WCT3548.jpg

Several former AC Transit buses have second lives, some far away and some closer to home. Here is Ex-AC Transit Gillig Phantom #2819, now in service for UC Berkeley on one of its shuttle routes:

WCT3549.jpg

NABI #3022, featuring the latest AC Transit paint scheme on Route 12, one of several that connect Berkeley with Downtown Oakland:

WCT3550.jpg

The newest buses in the fleet are the 1200 series of Van Hools. Major differences include only having two doors and Air Conditioning. Here is #1201 assigned to the F, the heaviest of the Transbay routes:

WCT3553.jpg

AC Transit’s first venture into Low Floors were two orders of NABI 40-LFWs purchased between 1999 & 2001. The first of these orders were the 4000s. A number of these were sold but many still exist including 4053, seen in Downtown Oakland on Route 14:

WCT3560.jpg

The second order of NABI 40-LFWs were ordered and assigned to Route 72M under a special paint scheme. Here is NABI #7215 on its home line in Oakland:

WCT3559.jpg

The last set of High Floor buses ordered by AC Transit were the 3100 series NABIs. Here is 3125 assigned to Route 14 at the Downtown Oakland Terminus:

WCT3557.jpg

Videos:

Van Hool A330 #1069: Cummins ISL/Voith D864.3 Transmission

NABI 416.09 #3011: Cummins M11/Alison B400R

New Flyer D60HF #1912: Detroit Diesel Series 50/Allison B500R

AC Transit Flxible Metro C #150: Cummins M11/Voith D863.3 Transmission:

AC Transit New Flyer #1910 arriving at El Cerrito Del Norte BART:

Local & Rapid painted Van Hools in Downtown Oakland:

AC Transit NABI Engine Start-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeNO0CfGOGA

Municipal Transit of Northern California Video:

No photos of the crazy deck-and-a-half type bus eh? :lol:

Haha, they're all scattered around the internet right now. I'm having trouble trying to find new pictures of them myself. Hopefully someone here will snap a shot :lol: