Things you miss the most...

hl7534

What are some of the things you miss the most, regarding the TTC?

For me:

- H1 trains on the YUS line and the sound that they made when they were idle (can't really describe it, but it's also on the H4)

- M1 trains and the whistles

- Seeing a T1 for the first time in the mid-90s (probably 1995), one of the cars were 500x and the doors were kept shut for about 10-20 seconds and then opened (maybe to let people get a glimpse of it first?)

- Riding the D901 out of Eglinton Station

- ALRVs on the 510 (happened around late 1999)

- 1996 Orion V diesels on the 60 (used to ride that all the time)

- When I used to think the H2/H4 trains were 'fairly' new...

- PCCs

- Bus tracking via phone (pre-2000)

- When Route 58A was the only TTC route to the airport, thinking that it took forever to get there..

- Old Eglinton bus bays

For me:

- H1 trains on the YUS line and the sound that they made when they were idle (can't really describe it, but it's also on the H4)

- M1 trains and the whistles

- Seeing a T1 for the first time in the mid-90s (probably 1995), one of the cars were 500x and the doors were kept shut for about 10-20 seconds and then opened (maybe to let people get a glimpse of it first?)

- Riding the D901 out of Eglinton Station

- ALRVs on the 510 (happened around late 1999)

- 1996 Orion V diesels on the 60 (used to ride that all the time)

- When I used to think the H2/H4 trains were 'fairly' new...

- PCCs

- Bus tracking via phone (pre-2000)

- When Route 58A was the only TTC route to the airport, thinking that it took forever to get there..

- Old Eglinton bus bays

G1's, M1's, H1's, H2's

Old 8058,

Many retired fishbowls

Flyer buses d800b's, 1981 d901's

New Flyer d40-87, d40-90

Orion III

PCC's on harbourfront

E700 trolley buses on 4 annette

My more than a million times to get a M1 (I only rode it once!!!), always ending up with a H4.

Eglinton Station.

Orion III.

My home route in the 1990s, 100 Flemingdon Park/34 Eglinton East.

Looking at the DVP from my old apartment.

Flyer D901, and that driver friend I used to have on the 100 that sings when she drives!

Off the top of my head, Orion IIIs, 1990 Orion V CNGs, the 1996 Orion Vs as CNGs, the 1990 D40s and the Orion VIs. I wish I rode the 1990 D40s more, I think I only rode them once from what I can remember. Also, I miss Danforth and Old Eglinton Garage and the days I use to ride Classics and 1991 Vs and new D40LFs on 126.

First and foremost, old Eglinton station. I frequented it so often as a kid, it was burned into my psyche. Almost a second home. When the TTC decided to abandon it and change things over to the old garage, a little piece of my childhood left forever. Yah I suppose thats dumb, but I loved waiting for buses downstairs, eagerly awaiting the little green light to come on. It was fun for a little kid.

Secondly, D40-90's. I used to ride them on the Bayview and nearly all of them Eglinton routes. I miss their throaty Cummins engine and that cold AC. Thankfully I got a lot of ride time on the 54 before they were retired. I will miss them a lot.

Thirdly is the fishies, even though they are around... it's not the same. They used to dominate every division in the system. When you thought about what bus you were going to get, it was "fishy or something else". Tying into this, I kind of miss the brown seats on GM's/flyers. They were so comfortable.

I carry on the motion of missing the H1's. The green seats and weird light brown interior was so different. The sound of them of course was awesome.

Uh, thats it I think.

First and foremost, old Eglinton station. I frequented it so often as a kid, it was burned into my psyche. Almost a second home. When the TTC decided to abandon it and change things over to the old garage, a little piece of my childhood left forever. Yah I suppose thats dumb, but I loved waiting for buses downstairs, eagerly awaiting the little green light to come on. It was fun for a little kid.

Ditto!!!

Secondly, D40-90's. I used to ride them on the Bayview and nearly all of them Eglinton routes. I miss their throaty Cummins engine and that cold AC. Thankfully I got a lot of ride time on the 54 before they were retired. I will miss them a lot.

I used to ride them so much on 34, it was such a comfortable ride back then...

Thirdly is the fishies, even though they are around... it's not the same. They used to dominate every division in the system. When you thought about what bus you were going to get, it was "fishy or something else". Tying into this, I kind of miss the brown seats on GM's/flyers. They were so comfortable.

I used to jump everytime a Fishbowl comes to 100! This was the reason I started loving them so much!

No doubt, the D40-90. My most favorite and missed TTC buses of all. When they were on the 72 Pape route, at Pape station. And when the were on the 83 Jones route, the old routing. It use to go along Eastern. The engine noise, the look.

I miss when the engine cover use to be off.

I miss the few days when the D40-90 just left for rebuild and some D40-88/89 buses came over to Danforth bus Garage. on 83 Jones.

I remember when the odd D40-90 was on 81 or 25. it was mostly D901's and GM's.

When 6200 was the only 62XX at Danforth.

When Pape station had the big rocks. When I was small I use to jump from one to another.

When Route 25 had the D901 1981 and 1985/86 buses.

I miss the classic's on Route 131.

When route 132 use to have Orion V's.

I miss the Orion III on 37 and on 39.

I miss the D40-87 on route 6 Bay. it had that known wire that connected to the windsheilds on the front.

I miss the D800's at Islington Station. I rode them on Streetcar shuttles. Same with the D900 1981's.

I miss the classic's on 72 Pape. 6218 to be specific

I miss Old Eglinton and Danforth garage.

I miss the old yellow seats on the H-5, and H-6. I miss all G cars.

I miss the days when all TTC routes had vairety.

I miss riding the GM artic on route 19 in Mississaugha. When I use to go to my dads house in Brampton. And when route 2 Main in brampton use to have Orion I's

I miss the old Square One Terminal. And the old Shoppers World Terminal.

I miss the orion I's in MT the old orion V's.

I miss the Old Livery on TTC buses. I think TTC should bring it back.

I hate when I hear D40-90 buses on non-danforth routes.

The lights going off and on on Gloucester cars.

The opening windows on Gloucester cars, even though they weren't safe and didn't cool the car much.

PCCs

522/523 streetcars to the Ex

Special shuttle buses from the suburbs to the Ex

Canadian Car buses in Montreal, back when New Looks really were New Looks.

And the big one:

Pre-1996 cutback service levels on TTC routes

For me:

I wish I could say I miss that too, but, umm, it still takes forever to get there. :(:P

Driver that sings?

Was she 40's... perper salt hair... sang " the driver on the bus says have a good day..." ?

LOL

My more than a million times to get a M1 (I only rode it once!!!), always ending up with a H4.

Eglinton Station.

Orion III.

My home route in the 1990s, 100 Flemingdon Park/34 Eglinton East.

Looking at the DVP from my old apartment.

Flyer D901, and that driver friend I used to have on the 100 that sings when she drives!

I also miss the orion II

and the Cardboard buses TTC had. 6210

The TTC still has those. Another thing I miss is the days when the RTS were in the east end and the days some of the 7000s were at Arrow and at Eglinton after, since they all moved to Malvern I hardly ride them, the last time I rode a 7000 was during the SRT weekend shuttles and before that was on route 75 when they were at Eglinton.

The TTC still has those. Another thing I miss is the days when the RTS were in the east end and the days some of the 7000s were at Arrow and at Eglinton after, since they all moved to Malvern I hardly ride them, the last time I rode a 7000 was during the SRT weekend shuttles and before that was on route 75 when they were at Eglinton.

When my brother went to get one for me, they said that they have them but they don't make them. I have another one that's 7700, in Maroon cream. A GM, My grade 5 teacher gave it to me. Two OF them!! I hope TTC makes a newer version of them. It would probably be a Orion VII or something.

And other buses I miss, the D900 buses MT use to have.. When MT use to have D60HF buses on the 1, 26, and 19 route. The odd time on 5 Dixie.

When TTC D901 use to run on 143. When I use to always miss a classic on route 197. When GM Fishbowls use to be on 83. In general, when Danforth had flyers and Newflyers at Danforth.

I wish I was around when Danforth had the GM artic on route 81. I got to ride them while they were with MT.

When my brother went to get one for me, they said that they have them but they don't make them. I have another one that's 7700, in Maroon cream. A GM, My grade 5 teacher gave it to me. Two OF them!! I hope TTC makes a newer version of them. It would probably be a Orion VII or something.

They had tons of them at the bus rodeo this year just like they do every year.

Absolutely NO T1s :(:P

H5's Vynal seats

D901s on Don Mills (I was on one before)

96 Vs at either Danforth or Eglinton

Orion VIs

D40-90 (rode on them a few times. Once on the York Mills to Finch Subway Shuttle)

D901 AVs on 94 Wellesley when RTS ruled it

Old TTC Grey/Red Livery

Thats all I can think of right now.