Fleet Rosters

LF60

most of the pages on transit companies are just fleet rosters.

should we keep fleet rosters as a prominent part of the transit page, or create seperate pages for fleet rosters?

and if the former, can we start adding other info to the transit pages?

Current fleet rosters are great. So are historic ones. Feel free to add anything you want, but it is subject to modification. The more content the better, really. :P

er no...

I ment can we have something other then just pure fleet rosters on the wiki?

like:

the TTC is a transit agency, etc etc etc, it has alot of history, blah blah blah, here is it's fleet roster, blah blah blah, here are it's subway routes, here are its bus routes, etc etc etc

I think that will be the next step. I also want to track bus assignments, and movements, as well as runs.

I was thinking about making a page for each TTC garage. if someone could snap a pic of them from the outside it'd make a great header image

• Board Admin
I ment can we have something other then just pure fleet rosters on the wiki?

like:

the TTC is a transit agency, etc etc etc, it has alot of history, blah blah blah, here is it's fleet roster, blah blah blah, here are it's subway routes, here are its bus routes, etc etc etc

Yes, check the Wikipedia article on it - hopefully we can compile something like that.

That's the point of a Wiki.

Yes, check the Wikipedia article on it - hopefully we can compile something like that.

That's the point of a Wiki.

What if we (are we allowed to even?) copied the exact wikipedia page for each transit system, take the TTC page, the Translink page, The STM page etc... and paste it into OUR wiki, then we build it up from there and change it with our own knowledge. It will be a start and an big imrovement from just rosters, at least for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added Burlington Transit but is missing a lot of stuff, can someone with actual knowledge add the remaining stuff?

Their Clasiscs fleet is completely screwed; I spent 15min looking through various sources and couldn't make it out since they mixed it with Quebec Classics.

Added Burlington Transit but is missing a lot of stuff, can someone with actual knowledge add the remaining stuff?

Their Clasiscs fleet is completely screwed; I spent 15min looking through various sources and couldn't make it out since they mixed it with Quebec Classics.

I will fix it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know who re-edited the GO Transit retired bus roster, but they added false info to quite a bit of buses.

First, the 102A2 cannot have 253hp 6V92TA; ever think how they're going to move those things with that horsepower? Especially when the MC-9 before them had 270hp?

The 2002-03 Orion Vs were delivered in...... 2002-03! and do not have ISL/D864!

The last batch of 102A2s don't have Voith transmission!

I made that retired bus roster section with accurate info provided by another member of the board so please refraint from added/changing stuff that you "think" is correct but in fact is wrong! If in doubt, please on the board about whether the info is correct or not on the board.

I don't know who re-edited the GO Transit retired bus roster, but they added false info to quite a bit of buses.

First, the 102A2 cannot have 253hp 6V92TA; ever think how they're going to move those things with that horsepower? Especially when the MC-9 before them had 270hp?

The 2002-03 Orion Vs were delivered in...... 2002-03! and do not have ISL/D864!

The last batch of 102A2s don't have Voith transmission!

I made that retired bus roster section with accurate info provided by another member of the board so please refraint from added/changing stuff that you "think" is correct but in fact is wrong! If in doubt, please on the board about whether the info is correct or not on the board.

I wrote that stuff in, and all of that info I got from GO directly.

Frankly since they were the ones who ran and maintained the things, I think that they'd know a bit better than you what was in them.

Feel free to change it back whenever you have the time.

Dan

I wrote that stuff in, and all of that info I got from GO directly.

Frankly since they were the ones who ran and maintained the things, I think that they'd know a bit better than you what was in them.

Feel free to change it back whenever you have the time.

Dan

Not disputing you or anything but let's just take a very simple case.

The year when 1164-1173 was put in service; I think we are all old enough to remember they came in late 2002 to 2003 on the GO Yonge C and Bayview lines. But you changed it to 2001 IIRC.

Just something to think about.

Not disputing you or anything but let's just take a very simple case.

The year when 1164-1173 was put in service; I think we are all old enough to remember they came in late 2002 to 2003 on the GO Yonge C and Bayview lines. But you changed it to 2001 IIRC.

Just something to think about.

The information from GO said 2001.

How could they arrive in 2003 when Yonge C and Bayview were handed over in December 2002?

You're talking about thinking about it, and yet you're not.

Dan