TTC Automated Announcements

• 8 years later...

On July 24th I rode bused from five divisions and all had issues with the internal stop announcements. When the sign displayed street followed by "Ave" announcement was ended with "A V E". When Avenue was displayed in full, "Avenue" came out slurred.  Two messy announcements were for "McNicholl Avenue" "Bayview Avenue".  

1 hour ago, soo8513 said:

On July 24th I rode bused from five divisions and all had issues with the internal stop announcements. When the sign displayed street followed by "Ave" announcement was ended with "A V E". When Avenue was displayed in full, "Avenue" came out slurred.  Two messy announcements were for "McNicholl Avenue" "Bayview Avenue".  

Yes, it's been widely reported (even in the media) that "avenue" is being mispronounced like "aveenue".

On 7/26/2019 at 11:50 PM, blue.bird.fan said:

I wish the VISION buses would announce "Arriving at (stop name)" when getting close to an express stop. The previous system did it for a short while, and then it was abandoned in favour of repeating "Next stop".

If you are not already aware, when the distance between stops exceeds a particular distance (1 km) , the VISION computer will repeat the "Next stop" message about 200-300m away from the stop. This could be a good chance to program the message to say "Arriving at", just as was the case with the old SVASAS system.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Nicky Thomson said:

Well now we have a new system called vision.

No way, really?????

In case you haven't gotten the hint yet, please just either stop posting on this site, or actually post relevant and helpful things. Otherwise, ill report you to.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...