Millennium Transit Services

Orion V

You're making complete logical sense, Evan. There is a lot of emotion invested in the RTS comeback in the NYC-area busfan community.

The only way I could see an MTA order happening is if Millennium sets up its plant in New York state, because the authority is pushing bus manufacturers interested in bidding on the large future orders to come to have a presence here.

Yeah, but I still don't see it happening. I don't see MTA looking for a HF coach these days, nor do I think there's interest in running an untested low-floor design that is wildly different than any RTS ever produced.

Hell, the standard MTS HF coaches don't have a whole lot in common with your run-of-the-mill T80-206...

Yeah, but I still don't see it happening. I don't see MTA looking for a HF coach these days, nor do I think there's interest in running an untested low-floor design that is wildly different than any RTS ever produced.

Hell, the standard MTS HF coaches don't have a whole lot in common with your run-of-the-mill T80-206...

I dont think MTA will ever go back to High Floors for their local and limited stop routes. The only High Floors will be the coaches for the express routes. So Millennium would really have to impress them with an unproven low floor RTS.

I dont think MTA will ever go back to High Floors for their local and limited stop routes. The only High Floors will be the coaches for the express routes. So Millennium would really have to impress them with an unproven low floor RTS.

In the MTA's eyes, even the HF would be unproven. It isn't identical to the T80-206s they've used since the dawn of time. Electrical systems, A/C systems, rear body structure, engine configuration and manufacturer, rear axle spec, cooling system, and electrical architecture is vastly different than those NYCTA's maintenance crew is familiar with. MTS also seems keen on using Ricon cartridge-type rear-door wheelchair lifts for some reason; the typical Lift-U LU-12 units -- patterned after those that GM originally designed and manufactured -- weren't installed in the MTS RTS' I've seen. Seeing as all MTS coaches have essentially been built to NJT spec, I'm wondering if this is something Jersey originally wanted.

apparently that guy has some news:

----

geez, that guy can spit his info out...

Ohh, let me guess! They just signed a major contract with some big agency for 100 RTS units and 100 Extremes and the agency is paying them a million $$ up front for this order to get their operations going again! No wait! Their working on a CNG BRT styled prototype of the Extreme to compete in the SoCal CNG market. It's got to be one of these.

Ohh, let me guess! They just signed a major contract with some big agency for 100 RTS units and 100 Extremes and the agency is paying them a million $$ up front for this order to get their operations going again! No wait! Their working on a CNG BRT styled prototype of the Extreme to compete in the SoCal CNG market. It's got to be one of these.

Could be, could be... I doubted it. :)

Could be, could be... I doubted it. :)
Millennium Transit Services Update for April 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The team at MTS is continuing to define both their business and marketing plans.

When they return to the market, they will be in a position to provide a quality product that is both reliable, above curent industry standard, and will be able to rival all current competitors. The business plan is solid, and funding for all projects will not be an issue for the company.

The team will introduce a product that the company will be able to support in all capacity for years to come. They will also provide transit agencies with OEM parts and support for all current and future RTS fleets.

The RTS will be offered is several different versions, and configurations. MTS will invite all veteran RTS owners and operators the chance to revenue test an RTS demo, and subject it to rigorous testing if they so please. The demo's will be loaned to different agencies on a no-charge basis. The TA's will be able to operate the coaches for extended periods of time if they so choose.

Customer Service, Reliability, Maintainability, Fleet Support, and cutting edge innovation will be top priority for Millennium.

The first demo for in-service will be configured to near identical MTA specs.

MTA, MBTA(Boston), Long Beach Transit, Pueblo Transit, and RIPTA are just a few of the agencies MTS will target immediately after internal testing is completed.

The RTS Extreme Low-Floor is initially expected to be available in 35’, 40’, and 42.5’ versions powered by clean diesel, or CNG fuels.

Later configurations will include a class leading diesel-electric hybrid, as well as a 60' articulated model.

Alternative fuel systems such as fuel cell, and CNG-electric hybrid are currently being researched as well.

Hmmmmm.... annother wack at the 60 foot market? a low floor RTS artic??

They've issued a press release, so it must be true! :)

Seriously - anyone can custom-build one bus and parade it around the country. Their plans would be a lot more realistic if a known investor group was announced, since they are going to need deep pockets to get a new bus model off the ground in the current market. Even if they succeed in building a test fleet for MTA New York City Transit, most of their other longtime RTS customers have since moved on. I also think it's sort of ridiculous that they're publicly planning on articulated buses and fuel cells when they've struggled up to this point to build a vanilla 40-foot diesel high-floor bus.

On what site was this press release made? I went on their website...no mention of it.

That poster edited out... pretty lame.

Hmmmmm.... annother wack at the 60 foot market? a low floor RTS artic??

good job, copy the post.... now look at the edited version....

The team at MTS is continuing to define both their business and marketing plans.

When they return to the market, they will be in a position to provide a quality product that is both reliable, above curent industry standard, and will be able to rival all current competitors. The business plan is solid, and funding for all projects will not be an issue for the company.

The team will introduce a product that the company will be able to support in all capacity for years to come. They will also provide transit agencies with OEM parts and support for all current and future RTS fleets.

"Edited"

Stay tuned!

from: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/sho...p;postcount=136

Buuuuuuulllllll....

Well, you complete the sentence.

How much longer are we going to keep quoting some anonymous poster who makes grandiose claims without backing up a shred of it? It's really getting tiresome.

Buuuuuuulllllll....

Well, you complete the sentence.

How much longer are we going to keep quoting some anonymous poster who makes grandiose claims without backing up a shred of it? It's really getting tiresome.

I am sorry. I have to brought this issue back on this topic.... apparently that poster is now not speaking about MTS....

Yes. That is to be the only option for the low floor.

Note: I will no longer be posting any updates on the RTS LF untill further notice. The only questions I will be answering will be limited, and will pertain to previously posted information ONLY.

Official Notice - Any previously posted information is not to be quoted, posted, or reproduced in any manner, on any other website, or in any publication without my prior concent.

Any and all future posts, photos, and other information will also be held to the same standard, as they are intellectual property of myself, NYC Transit Forums, and/or Millennium Transit Services. Anyone who does not adhere to this notice will be subject to penalty under United States law - Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Providing a link to said postings is allowed without prior concent.

Thank you all for your understand in this matter, as well as your continued patronage of NYC Transit Forums.

--- http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/sho...p;postcount=405

:D

Is it some Catch-22 or something went wrong with that guy?

I am sorry. I have to brought this issue back on this topic.... apparently that poster is now not speaking about MTS....

:D

Is it some Catch-22 or something went wrong with that guy?

This is his typical modus operandi: say "ooh, ooh, I have information" in an attempt to garner attention and feel important, then say "oh, I can't publicly share it" to delude himself into feeling he has some power.

Ridiculous, and very immature, in my opinion. And whenever we post MTS news from his mouth -- not MTS itself or verified sources close to MTS -- we're only feeding into his mania. I'm sick of it.

• 5 months later...

MTSPR.jpg

The Legend Continues.........

From now on to keep down any confusion or speculation, I will post official press releases on all future MTS information! http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/sho...1045#post481045

http://www.millenniumtransit.com/

http://www.facebook.com/legendcontinues

Are you ready for 2012??? Enjoy!! :D

Dante Robinson aka East New York

Transit Systems Engineer (Diamond Industries)

nyctransitforums.com (Administration)

But the train with all of the customers on it left several years ago. Looked like one helluva party, too.

Lotsa hookers 'n blow...... :D

I guess that's why TA's are lining up from coast to coast to see what the new Millennium has to offer! <_<

Maybe you missed the memo about the 42.5 foot high floor and low floor.......

I guess that's why TA's are lining up from coast to coast to see what the new Millennium has to offer! <_<

Maybe, I guess the TTC isn't on Millenium's rollidex? :D

I automatically delete all my spam anyhow.

I guess that's why TA's are lining up from coast to coast to see what the new Millennium has to offer! ;)

Mayyybe you forgot to provide the source that says that TAs are lining up from coast to coast...Considering their history I find this hard to believe. <_<

Maybe, I guess the TTC isn't on Millenium's rollidex? <_<

I automatically delete all my spam anyhow.

Correct! Canada not included!

Mayyybe you forgot to provide the source that says that TAs are lining up from coast to coast...Considering their history I find this hard to believe. ;)

Do you work for a transit agency? Do you work for MTS? Better yet, have you asked any transit agencies this yourself? Or maybe you can tell me who's lined up to take an MTS demo?? Maybe you can tell me what EVERY MTS RTS owner has to say about their coaches then?? I'm 200% sure the answer is NO to all those questions!

You all seem to be real critical in the community and know so much more about this subject than I do.

I have ignored all the smart ass comments over the past year because my intent was only to share information. Not start shit as so many of you do in the transit community. Personally, it makes me no difference if any of you are skeptical. Hell, everybody beat me up when I said MTA was coming out of bankruptcy, and no body was believing anything until they heard something out of Roswell. Makes no difference to me. At the end of the day, I get paid to be on the inside. So your opinions are of no value to me.

BTW, I have never posted my sources for any major news, and won't be doing so anytime soon.

Take it or leave it!!! See you all at APTA!

Correct! Canada not included!

Do you work for a transit agency? Do you work for MTS? Better yet, have you asked any transit agencies this yourself? Or maybe you can tell me who's lined up to take an MTS demo?? Maybe you can tell me what EVERY MTS RTS owner has to say about their coaches then?? I'm 200% sure the answer is NO to all those questions!

You all seem to be real critical in the community and know so much more about this subject than I do.

I have ignored all the smart ass comments over the past year because my intent was only to share information. Not start shit as so many of you do in the transit community. Personally, it makes me no difference if any of you are skeptical. Hell, everybody beat me up when I said MTA was coming out of bankruptcy, and no body was believing anything until they heard something out of Roswell. Makes no difference to me. At the end of the day, I get paid to be on the inside. So your opinions are of no value to me.

BTW, I have never posted my sources for any major news, and won't be doing so anytime soon.

Take it or leave it!!! See you all at APTA!

I work for one, and have contacts at many other agencies -- there has been no word of this. Not even at the place where the RTS had its debut. So yeah, we're skeptical.

So you think . . .

See You At APTA!

yes, that is what I think.

And no, you won't see me.

I'll be at the Canadian specific trade show in Toronto this november.

Millenium's loss I guess.

So your opinions are of no value to me.

so why are you dragging this out by responding?

You have your own personal bulletin board to froth in. I suggest you return to your throne there.

Is Milennium paying you by the hummer or something?

It's a pity. I've got 12 years of professional technical experience in the bussing industry you'll never know about.

yes, that is what I think.

And no, you won't see me.

I'll be at the Canadian specific trade show in Toronto this november.

Millenium's loss I guess.

so why are you dragging this out by responding?

You have your own personal bulletin board to froth in. I suggest you return to your throne there.

Is Milennium paying you by the hummer or something?

It's a pity. I've got 12 years of professional technical experience in the bussing industry you'll never know about.

14 Years here (and in various positions from the bottom to management)...

What is with you and these ass-holish responses? If you the professional that you claim to be, then you might take a step back and realize hey, maybe these guys know something that I/We don't.