Millennium Transit Services

Orion V

Quick question: Has MTS sold anything since coming back from bankruptcy? It would be very random just to announce that supposedly they are giving (leasing?) thier products to transit agencies that may not even want them in the first place, It was stated before that Long Beach Transit (My hometown transit agency) would get some, but they would have to beat out Gillig, and beating Gillig out of a deal is not easy, I know many will argue this but Gillig buses can take quite a beating and still run perfectly, just like our neighbors in Torrance Transit. #just saying

Overall its like saying that the TTC will order NABI Metro 45C's, which will never happen.

I will say what I have said for the last 4 years posting on these boards, and recently on here one more time.

I couldn't care less what doubts anyone has, or what their opinion of either myself or MTS is. You all wanting to argue about it does not change the reality or the fact that this is the SAME Millennium owned by the SAME Jim Ludvik. It does not change the fact that these people are committed to the bus, and it does not change who may or may not be getting any of these buses. Facts are facts. Just because you don't know what they are, doest mean they changed, or are not valid.

Absolutely. And the rest of us will continue to doubt how real MTS is until something tangible comes out.

Two competing positions, don't you think?

How about this. I'll get back to you all when the demo hits NYC followed by countless other agencies....

Please do.

And yes I promise I won't say "I told you so." I'll just laugh at you.... After 4 years of attacks on my information, I actually enjoy seeing things come to pass. You know why I never say I told you so??? My posts do that for me... And they are permanent. All here and there for everyone to read.

@Dan - LMAO!!! "..if you have nothing good to add than don't say anything at all." That was my whole point!! You're funny! ;)

I'm glad that you found it funny. I'll endeavour my best to continue to amuse you.

@wchu94 - You're funny two, and it's seems to be a few double standards here. This reference is only for example, but there are lots of secrets within the industry the end up getting leaked by me. Why is MTS so different???

First off, it's "too", not "two". Two is a number, too is in addition to something else.

As for secrets being "leaked" by you, what secrets have to spilled, exactly? I mean, if they were secrets until you leaked them, than they wouldn't be secrets anymore and therefore you should be able to tell them, right?

You would have NEVER known about several secrets unless I had leaked them...... The MTA BTE program, 90 bus each award, New Flyer CNG awards, Orion, Nova awards. Capital programs, and as you know I can go on and on.... Many of the posts you all have read right here by your "trusted source senior members" has come from me. That includes Canadian transit topics. However when I post them myself, we get all up in arms for some reason...... That shit is absolutely hilarious when I see the posts! maybe thats what I'll do... I'll just pass the stuff on so we can discuss the topics more, and cut down on the pissing contests.

Really now? Again, please feel free to tell us what you have leaked out.

By the way, is it still a secret if it is released - publicly - by the ones supposedly holding the secret?

Now if anyone wants to have some serious discussions about the industry, MTA, MTS or any of the other manufacturers then let's do that. Until then, you can catch me on an XD40, RTS, Orion V, OG, NG, 3G, LFS, LFSA, the last C40LF's ever, X3-45, MCI, or a D60HF. Did I miss anything??? Next Bus Please! :rolleyes:

What, you mean that all of these discussions going on thus far haven't been serious? I certainly haven't been laughing.

Dan

• 3 months later...

Survey says.....yes!

Agreed. And looking at the powertrain options.... I thought that the Voith DIWA 864.3E was discontinued in 2007, and I thought ZF quit making the Ecomat 4 when the EcoLife was introduced. A very poor attempt on an update.

Did MTS outsource its Facebook page to some bus fans? I've never seen a company announce a potential big order by referencing an enthusiast website like that.

You have to wonder. Very odd for sure and unprofessional.

Found this in my FB newsfeed about MTS:

"Exclusive!

This just in! MTS is currently in negotiations with an undisclosed operator for up to 2000 high floor Legend Transit buses. Yes, I typed 2000! This particular agency has decided that replacement of their entire fleet with new RTS' would be best for their operations.

As this story continues to develop, I will be sure to post more details. "

Here is the link of the source: http://www.nyctransi...for-2000-buses/

I wonder who is going to buy 2000 buses? It was posted since February but MTS re-posted it on FB so I guess it's still on going?

Edited by NeOn Bus Rider

I guess you missed post #266 just above yours?

just says a link, and on my computer the font is pretty small. I guess it would have been easier to extract some of the info on the link like I did.

On the otherhand I have now heard it's gone up to 2090 buses. Any idea who is the TA or TAs? Everybody is so tight lipped.

Not to mention 2000 units from a company with a unstable history.

The reason for the unstable history was nobody at the time wanted RTS buses. Apparently now somebody wants 2000 buses and MTS has now emerged from their financial troubles. I would assume the Extreme model looks appealing as it's a semi-lowfloor, which is in demand now. We shall see where this goes! lol

I wonder who is going to buy 2000 buses? It was posted since February but MTS re-posted it on FB so I guess it's still on going?

There aren't a lot of transit systems with at least 2000 buses. In fact, according to Metro Magazine, there were only such six agencies in all of North America in 2009:

MTA New York City Transit - 4611

Los Angeles Metro - 2702

Pace Suburban Bus - 2647

New Jersey Transit Corp. - 2347

Chicago Transit Authority - 2221

Toronto Transit Commission - 2066

www.metro-magazine.com/resources/SeptOct_Top100.pdf

There aren't a lot of transit systems with at least 2000 buses. In fact, according to Metro Magazine, there were only such six agencies in all of North America in 2009:

MTA New York City Transit - 4611

Los Angeles Metro - 2702

Pace Suburban Bus - 2647

New Jersey Transit Corp. - 2347

Chicago Transit Authority - 2221

Toronto Transit Commission - 2066

www.metro-magazine.com/resources/SeptOct_Top100.pdf

Pace uses mostly cutaway buses, NJT has mostly cruisers in their fleet, may I add. And CTA does not really need new buses, unless they think it's time to replace those 1998-2000 Nova LFS's. And they don't need 2000 buses to replace them. I would think MTA, esp. with Orion closing down...

Right now as it stands, there are only 4 other major manufacturers (Gillig, NFI, NABI and NovaBus) that build for North America.... I would think they are gonna build a total of 2000 buses for various companies, not just for one T.A. esp. with no proven model even touring the US/Canada

But, this info still seems fishy. I am from Philadelphia, but I live in Kansas City, in the SHOW ME state... so...

SHOW ME THAT THE RTS IS BACK. Til then, I am beliving nothing I hear and half of what I see.

According to the original poster on NYC Transit Forums, this supposed order is for an "offshore" agency. To me, that makes the whole story seem even more unlikely, but time will tell...

As much as I'd like to see the RTS return, I'm not holding my breath.