Millennium Transit Services

Orion V

No offense, this forum is almost like reading Greek Mythology and how intelligent G. W. Bush is.

Here's your sign.

On a serious note, I would like to see the RTS make a comeback, but I would also like reparations and spot the real Elvis as well. Not gonna happen in this lifetime, IMO.

Do you happen to know if they have actually submitted a bid, or if this is based on the fact that they are on the plan holder list for the 690 bus tender?

For that matter Nova, Prevost, NFI and ABC are also on the list. I sort of doubt Prevost is trying to get into the 40 low floor bus scene though. However I would think ABC actually stands about as good of a chance as Millenium. Maybe MTA will have a fleet of A300L roaming the streets in a couple years.

They want to put in an order to the MTA for 90 test buses.

Let's put this issue into perspective...do any of you countless MTS worshippers really believe that a RTS bus will ever come off the assembly line in Roswell? I didn't so...MTS has been out of bankrucpty since Dec. 2011...if they haven't been able to find new investors by now, including the Chinese, who anybody knows likes to throw money into any type of worthwhile business venture, they'll never will...bottom line is that MTS is run by a clueless hack, James Ludvik, who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about buses.

Let's put this issue into perspective...do any of you countless MTS worshippers really believe that a RTS bus will ever come off the assembly line in Roswell? I didn't so...MTS has been out of bankrucpty since Dec. 2011...if they haven't been able to find new investors by now, including the Chinese, who anybody knows likes to throw money into any type of worthwhile business venture, they'll never will...bottom line is that MTS is run by a clueless hack, James Ludvik, who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about buses.

I didnt say that MTA would take the order of 90 test buses as Millennium has already in the past failed the MTA shake test twice!

Not to beat a dead horse, I understand MTS isn't even being considered for the current 690 bus contract with the NYCTA because, as everyone knows they don't have a pilot bus ready, and there's no way in high hell they'll be able to meet the NYCTA's tight delivery schedule.

Not to beat a dead horse, I understand MTS isn't even being considered for the current 690 bus contract with the NYCTA because, as everyone knows they don't have a pilot bus ready, and there's no way in high hell they'll be able to meet the NYCTA's tight delivery schedule.

True but its not stopping them for trying

proof is in the pudding

Or the continued lack of said pudding!

The North American transit bus market is brutal right now, even with Orion out of the picture. There is way more manufacturing capacity than orders, so everyone is fighting for orders just to keep the lights on and the workers paid. It is no place for an underfunded startup with an unproven product like the RTS low-floor.

Or the continued lack of said pudding!

The North American transit bus market is brutal right now, even with Orion out of the picture. There is way more manufacturing capacity than orders, so everyone is fighting for orders just to keep the lights on and the workers paid. It is no place for an underfunded startup with an unproven product like the RTS low-floor.

It's been brutal for a while any way. 2013 will be a very interesting year for bus manufacturers in general.

• 1 year later...

It's been brutal for a while any way. 2013 will be a very interesting year for bus manufacturers in general.

No kidding! You predicted that one right :)

---

So looking back this whole MTS comeback thing for the most part WAS simply fanboy dreaming by some tech savvy transit fans. (As many were saying all along) I see their Facebook page mysteriously disappeared. The website is still providing a link to the email of tlogan@ttmg.org though when you hover over the website design link.

No kidding! You predicted that one right :)

---

So looking back this whole MTS comeback thing for the most part WAS simply fanboy dreaming by some tech savvy transit fans. (As many were saying all along) I see their Facebook page mysteriously disappeared. The website is still providing a link to the email of tlogan@ttmg.org though when you hover over the website design link.

And with NABI expected to wind down their products sometime this year, it will leave only three major transit bus manufacturer out to compete in orders from transit agencies, especially with orders lesser demand than used to be given the market it is right now (Explains why companies like Orion and NABI has left the market).

And with NABI expected to wind down their products sometime this year, it will leave only three major transit bus manufacturer out to compete in orders from transit agencies, especially with orders lesser demand than used to be given the market it is right now (Explains why companies like Orion and NABI has left the market).

ElDorado has been moving beyond the shuttle market and is actively competing in the transit market with their Axess bus. Also Chinese firm BYD is making a push into the North American market and has set up an assembly plant in California.

Kinda different for NABI as NABI was sold to New Flyer. Looks like NABI models maybe made into 2016 as Houston still wants all of its NABI order made. I know New Flyer was in talks with current NABI orders that would have gone into 2016 about changing them into Excelsior but it all comes down to cost. I know WMATA has changed some of its NABI order into Excelsior order.

• 7 months later...