Millennium Transit Services

Orion V

As for people bashing on Dante, Trevor & company - hey, they are doing what publicity people are supposed to do! If I was hiring someone to promote my product or service, I'd want them to believe in it as much as I did!

I have no problems with the company. I wish them well in fact, although I suspect that they won't go very far in the current financial climate.

And frankly if promotion was the game that Dante et al were interested in, they are reaching (and preaching to) the wrong people. Since no one on any of the forums anywhere has the power, pull, or position to get the sales that Millennium so desperately wants (and needs), what exactly are they after?

No, I think something far more sinister is afoot. And I think I've spelled it out quite clearly already.

Dan

And frankly if promotion was the game that Dante et al were interested in, they are reaching (and preaching to) the wrong people. Since no one on any of the forums anywhere has the power, pull, or position to get the sales that Millennium so desperately wants (and needs), what exactly are they after?

Common Dan, we ALL know how much power we as transit fans hold :ph34r:

Chris Cassidy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd hate to say it, but some of the responses to Dante are rude and very narrow minded.

If he was way more forthcoming and truthful here and elsewhere, I might agree with you.

But instead, he has been stringing people along for a very good while with his claims and promises, and then using his group of hangers-on like a puppet-master in the shadows, attacking those who may doubt or question him. He has lied and lied, and when called out lies some more. And all for what? To make himself feel better? I honestly wish I could answer that question, because I can't for the life of me figure out why he has done what he has done.

So frankly, all of the ill-will and rudeness that has been directed at him here is justified. He has brought it upon himself.

Dan

• 5 months later...

Let me throw my two cents on this. MTS did not win the CTA order. No big deal, that doesn't mean they are done for. It's not easy when you have guys like Gillig, New Flyer, North American Bus Industries, and Novabus around. Look at Designline as a perfect example. However it's like I've said. Until MTS wins a contract and starts delivery of the buses, the Legend to me has not continued...... yet. I can say this too. In Florida the Gillig contract is set to expire in December of this year.

MTS could get it's foot in the door in Florida, but that doesn't mean everyone will buy the RTS in this state. In 1997 New Flyer won the contract for the state, but some like Lynx and HART did not buy buses from New Flyer. Lynx and HART bought the Phantom from Gillig. The New Flyer CNG buses Lynx had were bought by the state not by Lynx themselves.

If Gillig had the contract during that year, there is a chance the state would of bought CNG buses from Orion since Orion was still relevant around here back then. Flyer up until then has not sold any buses in Florida since 1981. With that said MTS still has a shot, but as for who will get the RTS only time will tell around here.

Wonder how long they can survive as strictly a supplier of RTS parts. For that matter how many parts other then body parts for the RTS are only available through Millennium? When Nova sold the manufacturing rights to them did that include the parts manufacturing end? Or is Nova producing parts for the older RTS's? Just trying to figure out what Milleniums revenue source is right now.

Wonder how long they can survive as strictly a supplier of RTS parts. For that matter how many parts other then body parts for the RTS are only available through Millennium? When Nova sold the manufacturing rights to them did that include the parts manufacturing end? Or is Nova producing parts for the older RTS's? Just trying to figure out what Milleniums revenue source is right now.

Well many are currently still running RTS buses, so probably for some time I bet. I know Gainesville has RTS buses that were built in 2001 that will likely be around for a few more years. Plus you also have to consider the buses MTS has already delivered and are in regular service. Nova has sold the RTS to MTS, so I doubt they would be doing the parts manufacturing.

Well many are currently still running RTS buses, so probably for some time I bet. I know Gainesville has RTS buses that were built in 2001 that will likely be around for a few more years. Plus you also have to consider the buses MTS has already delivered and are in regular service. Nova has sold the RTS to MTS, so I doubt they would be doing the parts manufacturing.

Nova still is providing RTS parts. Even MCI, New Flyer, Gillig, etc doing it as well.

They are bidding on the big New York City order.

Do you happen to know if they have actually submitted a bid, or if this is based on the fact that they are on the plan holder list for the 690 bus tender?

For that matter Nova, Prevost, NFI and ABC are also on the list. I sort of doubt Prevost is trying to get into the 40 low floor bus scene though. However I would think ABC actually stands about as good of a chance as Millenium. Maybe MTA will have a fleet of A300L roaming the streets in a couple years.

RTS's are gradually disappearing from many cities. Even the last RTS's built by Nova (Dallas DART) are already being retired.

Yeah, but we also have to consider private companies that own RTS. Don't know if that's enough to keep producing parts for them. By the end of the decade RTS buses will all have been withdrawn from most TAs. As for where MTS stands with the RTS only time will tell. They better get a moving too before most of the RTS disappear from those TAs. I also did mention the FDOT contract late in December of this year.

Do you happen to know if they have actually submitted a bid, or if this is based on the fact that they are on the plan holder list for the 690 bus tender?

For that matter Nova, Prevost, NFI and ABC are also on the list. I sort of doubt Prevost is trying to get into the 40 low floor bus scene though. However I would think ABC actually stands about as good of a chance as Millenium. Maybe MTA will have a fleet of A300L roaming the streets in a couple years.

With the amount of issues AC Transit is having with it's fleet of Van Hools I am hoping MTA never receives those. Gillig has a better chance of coming to the MTA then Van Hool will. However they (Gillig) is not bidding on this order. Of course a little birdy has revealed a Gillig BRT was spotted last year on MTA property. He even went up to the employees checking it out and asked them about it. Sure the bus wasn't for the MTA and buses end up on MTA property only to never be ordered, but it is a sign that the tides could change when you least expect it.