Millennium Transit Services

Orion V

According to the original poster on NYC Transit Forums, this supposed order is for an "offshore" agency. To me, that makes the whole story seem even more unlikely, but time will tell...

It is fishy. So secretive...

It is fishy. So secretive...

They'll get to demo a unit for free, and a really good deal if they buy now. But first MTS will be sending the agency a check to cash a check for them, and the agency will need to send the money back to a P.O. box of theirs so they can cover processing fees. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Actually... CTA put out bids for 425 40-foot and 100 60-foot (or some combination thereof) just this past week. This is in ADDITION to the 100 Seattle options they took over a couple of weeks back. This should be the end of the Novas plus the Optimas. Would LOVE to see Gillig get this order, but without them offering artics, probably will go to either NFIL or maybe Novabus.

Actually... CTA put out bids for 425 40-foot and 100 60-foot (or some combination thereof) just this past week. This is in ADDITION to the 100 Seattle options they took over a couple of weeks back. This should be the end of the Novas plus the Optimas. Would LOVE to see Gillig get this order, but without them offering artics, probably will go to either NFIL or maybe Novabus.

So the Optimas are pretty much done, was this the bus is falling apart?

Gillig would be great, unless CTA were to do poor/bad maintenance and upkeep on them. They can go from decent to crap quickly with poor maintenance. I've ridden Gilligs in dozens of systems though and generally from a rider perspective they are a nice bus with decent upkeep or even mediocre upkeep.

• 1 month later...

From Millennium Transit Services, LLC Facebook page

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, it is a pleasure to announce that Team Millennium is currently preparing a demo bus for one of our lead customers, and we have a pilot online to be assembled for another lead customer. Again we would like to thank you all for your continued support, and hope to see you riding in an RTS at an agency near you in the next few years! More updates, new brochures, and a revamped website coming soon! The Legend Continues...

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let u guys now that there will b something new on this shortly u may all eat your words LOL just a thought Dante maybe right after all New York city transit are looking into New Millinium Express coaches for it test program did I spell right hope u guys are well dont b so mean

Oh please. You've been drinking from Dante's proverbial "grape drank", haven't you?

Considering how long and how hard he's been leading you on, you guys have way too much emotionally invested to say "shit, he's taken us for suckers!" Give it up. Grow up, even. Millenium is the April Fools joke to end all April Fools jokes. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the joke is on you, and anyone else who actually takes Dante at his word.

Dan

You r so brave from far away buddy just because u dont believe someone u get like u know it all pretty much he has said has come true in the states here ur intiminated by his information what he nows ,u say slap to me buddy u be surprised if i got a hold of u my friend dont think your that tuff just because u work 4 transit doesnt mean u now it all ill give u a slap classless moroons on this sight watch how u insult people my friend u might meet your match

You r so brave from far away buddy just because u dont believe someone u get like u know it all pretty much he has said has come true in the states here ur intiminated by his information what he nows ,u say slap to me buddy u be surprised if i got a hold of u my friend dont think your that tuff just because u work 4 transit doesnt mean u now it all ill give u a slap classless moroons on this sight watch how u insult people my friend u might meet your match

I don't think we the "classless moroons on this sight" are really "intiminated by his information", we're just either highly skeptical or flat out not believing it. Personally I find nothing that has been stated by MTS or Dante to be believable. MTS to me seems more like a joke or wishful fantasy at this point than a real company. The basic content of their website hasn't changed much in years, (here's the site in 2007 for example, sort of the same basic information, and again in 2009) it contains outdated information, and it has the email tlogan@ttmg.org as the link for the "Website designed by MG Consulting and Design" at the bottom of each page. The MTS Facebook page links to press releases posted on the NYC Transit Forums, but no notable media outlets such as a business news site, or even the manufacturer's own website. When I compare this method of operation to other transit bus manufacturers like New Flyer or Nova Bus, it just seems like some vague fake scheme. Maybe MTS will announce an order on Tuesday, and there will be board minutes from the agency confirming the order, and in six months or whenever there will be a fleet of MTS Legends and Xtremes somewhere, or maybe not. Time will tell. Until it does though I don't chose to believe the information, if others do believe the information that's fine, it's their opinion and their choice.

¿Que dijo? (What did he say?)

Learn to spell buddy.

Wow that is the most unintelligible and pointless post I have ever seen on this board. Also that nice threat has been reported to the mods.

A suggestion for the next time you decide to post here (or maybe it's when Dante asks you to post here): Re-read and edit your post before hitting the "Post" button.

Second, virtually nothing about what Dante has posted - anywhere - about Millenium has come true. Yes, a lot of the MTA stuff he has posted has "come true", but that's because he gets the info from the same place that anyone else with half a brain gets it - from the MTA's own publicly-accessible reports. Remember that big "scoop" that he made about the bus testing program? I found out about it 2 or 3 hours after he made his first post - because I looked through the MTA's reports page and found the relevant report.

Third: talking about people being brave from a distance, and then making empty threats like yours really makes you look like a 10 year old. Grow up.

Dan

what are you a troll or something, btw learn how to spell next time and use proper grammar, as well kiddo. :)

I have no reason not to believe that the owners of MTS aren't trying to get the RTS back off the mat and into production. They have their work cut out for them, of course, although their prospects will greatly improve if they can indeed land an evaluation order with the MTA in New York.

As for people bashing on Dante, Trevor & company - hey, they are doing what publicity people are supposed to do! If I was hiring someone to promote my product or service, I'd want them to believe in it as much as I did!