Millennium Transit Services

Orion V

• 3 weeks later...

Either way a good amount of people are biting their tongue. No one thought they would get this far. I'm surprise TTC is on the list, for whatever the reason is. I'm sure MTS could get a joint deal with a Canadian company to meet TTC requirments. That is of course wishful thinking, but then again they got this far, so who knows.

Well, the plan is certainly encouraging -- it's better than what MTS had before (basically nothing). I'm interested in seeing how this all shakes out, but it sounds like it's still a wait and see sort of thing. Any word on how the demo build is progressing?

-Evan

• 2 weeks later...

No, its not really a wait and see kind of thing anymore. That was 2010-2011 for the most part. Not to give up too many details right now, but MTS recieved the MTA specs 2 days after the meeting last week. No one expected them to be in before today, so that says right there where MTA is headed with this..... Meeting 2 is soon to come! I cant wait!

I think it's very unlikely that the RTS would run again on the streets of Long Beach, and even if they were low floor (LBT Won't order high floors anymore) and CNG/LNG/ Gasoline-Electric units (Diesel is banned in SoCal in any form) they would have to beat out Gillig, their current manufacturer.

I'm still hoping though :)

No, its not really a wait and see kind of thing anymore. That was 2010-2011 for the most part. Not to give up too many details right now, but MTS recieved the MTA specs 2 days after the meeting last week. No one expected them to be in before today, so that says right there where MTA is headed with this..... Meeting 2 is soon to come! I cant wait!

Encouraging news, I guess? Not really sure why MTA wouldn't have baseline specs handy for any party interested in building buses for them, but you know more about this BT&E program than I do. Still, we're waiting for those demos to be built, placed in service, and for other orders to be solidified. Like it or not, we kinda have to wait in order to see how that all shakes out (hopefully well, I pray).

Im from New York city ,Staten island I love the variety of buses that r now in service Prevost Express buses 3,rd Gen Orions and nova low floors n New flyer cngs and Exceslors would b great to see rts buses make comeback in revised form Led interior lights High Def headlights A week ago I rode a rehabbed 99 nova Rts bus in Bklyn New york city transit bus # 5114 bus was excellant ride smooth these buses do take a beating Bring them on This is probably my first post here in sometime I love transit hope to share more in the future this is a great web-site love reading about transit .

Alot to do with the topic GENIUS I know u work with buses this has alot to do with the topic my input Im sharing my thoughts n Expierience with riding the rts bus not from your point of view dont be so sarcastic Genius People like your answer ruin websites smartass its not worth saying anything here

Alot to do with the topic GENIUS I know u work with buses this has alot to do with the topic my input Im sharing my thoughts n Expierience with riding the rts bus not from your point of view dont be so sarcastic Genius People like your answer ruin websites smartass its not worth saying anything here

Bus_Medic is a respected member here on this board because he has first-hand experience in the industry and is willing to share his knowledge with the rest of us.

There have been many long-time respected members with insight just like Bus_Medic that have left the board because they could no longer put up with the quickly falling quality of the posts on this website. It is very difficult to read posts that have no regard to spelling or grammar and when this board is increasingly made up of this type of quality it makes the respected members not want to bother contributing anymore, especially when more times than not their valid comments are attacked back by people who don't know what they're talking about.

We always welcome new members onto the board, however we do encourage them to post responsibly. Before the software upgrade there was a link to the Code of Conduct for all members to abide by, I'll have to ask the admin team where that went, and at a later date you can review it and see if your posts are following said code.

Great, you ride the RTS. So do I, and a lot of people.

None of that has anything to do with Millenium, who has yet to assemble a vehicle - nevermind have someone ride it.

At this point, your first post was a non-sequitor with the thread, and thus essentially useless.

Dan

Bus_Medic is a respected member here on this board because he has first-hand experience in the industry and is willing to share his knowledge with the rest of us.

There have been many long-time respected members with insight just like Bus_Medic that have left the board because they could no longer put up with the quickly falling quality of the posts on this website. It is very difficult to read posts that have no regard to spelling or grammar and when this board is increasingly made up of this type of quality it makes the respected members not want to bother contributing anymore, especially when more times than not their valid comments are attacked back by people who don't know what they're talking about.

We always welcome new members onto the board, however we do encourage them to post responsibly. Before the software upgrade there was a link to the Code of Conduct for all members to abide by, I'll have to ask the admin team where that went, and at a later date you can review it and see if your posts are following said code.

meh no point.... there are always going to be some people who are smartasses who think they know all, but dont know squat and then belttle to people who actually know what the hell they talking about. You can lecture these asses all you want till you turn blue, but they simply dont care. (i know im going to get yelled at for making this post as its OT)

If Bus_Medic is a respected member of this board he should reciprocate the respect and come up with a slightly less rude response than this and other replies I've seen him make.

Agreed. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I welcome those who have first hand knowledge of the motorcoach / transit industry, but many of Bus_Medic's replies on this and other topics on the board come off as sarcastic and negative.

Encouraging news, I guess? Not really sure why MTA wouldn't have baseline specs handy for any party interested in building buses for them, but you know more about this BT&E program than I do. Still, we're waiting for those demos to be built, placed in service, and for other orders to be solidified. Like it or not, we kinda have to wait in order to see how that all shakes out (hopefully well, I pray).

MTA does have basic spec. options, but most specs for BTE buses depend on the manufacturer as this is not a standard bid procurement.

So they have to sell 90 of the high floor models to have enough capital to move foreward, eh?

What happened to marketing the "extreme"? , maybe I should go shopping for more bed "stuys",

I need more furniture.

MTS is marketing the Extreme. However, it's being marketed to transit agencies...... So you may not hear anything about that. The bus is also set to join the MTA BTE fleet as well. And no, MTS does not need a 90 bus order to have enough capital to move forward.

You should come on out to Bed-Stuy! We'd love to have you!! I used to think New Yorker's were the rudest people in the world. Clearly I was wrong!! -_-

That's all fine and dandy, but that still doesn't change the fact that he can be a straight up dick at times. I know for a fact that many people who do not post here, choose not to because of him and people like him. I however don't really give a damn as I am only here to share info. But I must admit with some of the attitudes that fly around this place, I sure as heck wouldn't go out of my way to post anything either. It's like "if I get to it, I get to it." Half the people don't appreciate the info or have something smart-ass to say anyway, so why should I even give a damn?

Great, you ride the RTS. So do I, and a lot of people.

None of that has anything to do with Millenium, who has yet to assemble a vehicle - nevermind have someone ride it.

At this point, your first post was a non-sequitor with the thread, and thus essentially useless.

Dan

That is a totally untrue statement sir. MTS has built nearly 40 T-Drive RTS buses to date.I have been on a few, and all the production versions are in revenue service as I type this. I've been on one as recent as October, and so have many others.

And for this thread to be about MTS and the RTS, him stating the fact that he would like to see new buses has nothing to do with the topic????? That's a perfect example of what I mean. New people join this forum, and some of you just "go hard" for no reason. It's not that damn serious, and never should be. Some of you need to lighten the hell up. Jeez

Clearly I've been spending too much time here.

I think it's time to take some time for reflection and re evaluate my priorities.

Might be a good idea! B)

East New York out!

Ok everyone, this doesn't have to be a contentious topic. Everyone should relax and keep on topic. Any personal disagreements can be taken to personal messenger or through the administrators.

That's all fine and dandy, but that still doesn't change the fact that he can be a straight up dick at times. I know for a fact that many people who do not post here, choose not to because of him and people like him. I however don't really give a damn as I am only here to share info. But I must admit with some of the attitudes that fly around this place, I sure as heck wouldn't go out of my way to post anything either. It's like "if I get to it, I get to it." Half the people don't appreciate the info or have something smart-ass to say anyway, so why should I even give a damn?

Anyone can be a "straight up dick" at times. It's the internet. Most people brush it off. To give context as to why some are so quick to snap at someone: On a forum that has been online as long as ours, senior or mature members have seen a rise in those ignorant of following rules and intelligent discourse. It gets frustrating and some chose to leave while others tersely tell them to "straighten up". Frankly, if you're old enough to be on an online forum, you should be old enough to know proper sentence structure.

That is a totally untrue statement sir. MTS has built nearly 40 T-Drive RTS buses to date.I have been on a few, and all the production versions are in revenue service as I type this. I've been on one as recent as October, and so have many others.

There is nothing untrue about my statement. The original MTS had built almost 40 buses, sure. They are even used in a number of different places on a daily basis.

THIS version of MTS on the other hand has nothing to show for it after being around for, oh a year and a bit? I realize that it can take some time to get the capital and machinery into gear for such a venture, but there has been nothing but great announcements and gloating pledges and glowing promises, and absolutely nothing tangible of any sort. This is why a lot of us are doubting that anything will in fact happen.

And for this thread to be about MTS and the RTS, him stating the fact that he would like to see new buses has nothing to do with the topic????? That's a perfect example of what I mean. New people join this forum, and some of you just "go hard" for no reason. It's not that damn serious, and never should be. Some of you need to lighten the hell up. Jeez

It's nothing more than a "cool story bro" type of situation. A lot of people post for the simple purpose of seeing their post counts go up. Nothing but "yeahs!" and "way to go" and various rah-rahing and online circle jerking of the precious few - which is thankfully way more prevalent at some other forums than it is here. Do people need to lighten the hell up? Maybe. But at the same time, if you have nothing good to add than don't say anything at all.

Dan

Bus_Medic is making a vaild point. I dont find offensive at all.

Millennium Transit Services is just too quiet and too laughable and really too secrective.

If its on Mass Transit, Metro, BusRide or any transit publications on latest issues this year; then MTS is legit and open. Right now, they are not. Im still doubting.

I believe Dante ,cause all his info has been true here in New York City.Im looking forward to New buses from M.T.S All his info on buses that i have read have come true .I have 4 different bus types being tested in service here in Staten island I hope that M.T.S makes a better R.T.S bus these buses r rugged they take alot of abuse.I mean no harm to anyone here but I felt that what I posted had something to do with the topic only in a different wat I do appoligize to I ever offended here but the response I got after I wrote what I wrote was uncalled for I know Bus-Medic is very noligable sorry to disrespect your inteligence in the subject i was just relating to the fact that I rode a bus that was just rehabbed the bus is a 1999 R.T.S bus that has been on the road for 13 years that I think is incredible considering the abuse it takes from the streets I am rooting for M'T;S to succeed in New York like the bus period I trained as a bus operator for New York city Transit in 2006 at Zerega Training Facility in the Bronx Been interested in buses since 1965 at the age of 6 hope this didnt bore anybody Thank u Sorry if I affended anyone Dante thank you for your input .

Ok everyone, this doesn't have to be a contentious topic. Everyone should relax and keep on topic. Any personal disagreements can be taken to personal messenger or through the administrators.

Anyone can be a "straight up dick" at times. It's the internet. Most people brush it off. To give context as to why some are so quick to snap at someone: On a forum that has been online as long as ours, senior or mature members have seen a rise in those ignorant of following rules and intelligent discourse. It gets frustrating and some chose to leave while others tersely tell them to "straighten up". Frankly, if you're old enough to be on an online forum, you should be old enough to know proper sentence structure.

No everyone has the same background, typing skills or level or education. English is not everyone's native language either. I agree with you on the other fronts, but we shouldn't even be having this conversation. The fact of the matter is certain people like inciting certain types of responses. That's just part of the online community.

There is nothing untrue about my statement. The original MTS had built almost 40 buses, sure. They are even used in a number of different places on a daily basis.

THIS version of MTS on the other hand has nothing to show for it after being around for, oh a year and a bit? I realize that it can take some time to get the capital and machinery into gear for such a venture, but there has been nothing but great announcements and gloating pledges and glowing promises, and absolutely nothing tangible of any sort. This is why a lot of us are doubting that anything will in fact happen.

It's nothing more than a "cool story bro" type of situation. A lot of people post for the simple purpose of seeing their post counts go up. Nothing but "yeahs!" and "way to go" and various rah-rahing and online circle jerking of the precious few - which is thankfully way more prevalent at some other forums than it is here. Do people need to lighten the hell up? Maybe. But at the same time, if you have nothing good to add than don't say anything at all.

Dan

Bus_Medic is making a vaild point. I dont find offensive at all.

Millennium Transit Services is just too quiet and too laughable and really too secrective.

If its on Mass Transit, Metro, BusRide or any transit publications on latest issues this year; then MTS is legit and open. Right now, they are not. Im still doubting.

I will say what I have said for the last 4 years posting on these boards, and recently on here one more time.

I couldn't care less what doubts anyone has, or what their opinion of either myself or MTS is. You all wanting to argue about it does not change the reality or the fact that this is the SAME Millennium owned by the SAME Jim Ludvik. It does not change the fact that these people are committed to the bus, and it does not change who may or may not be getting any of these buses. Facts are facts. Just because you don't know what they are, doest mean they changed, or are not valid.

How about this. I'll get back to you all when the demo hits NYC followed by countless other agencies....

And yes I promise I won't say "I told you so." I'll just laugh at you.... After 4 years of attacks on my information, I actually enjoy seeing things come to pass. You know why I never say I told you so??? My posts do that for me... And they are permanent. All here and there for everyone to read.

@Dan - LMAO!!! "..if you have nothing good to add than don't say anything at all." That was my whole point!! You're funny! ;)

@wchu94 - You're funny two, and it's seems to be a few double standards here. This reference is only for example, but there are lots of secrets within the industry the end up getting leaked by me. Why is MTS so different???

You would have NEVER known about several secrets unless I had leaked them...... The MTA BTE program, 90 bus each award, New Flyer CNG awards, Orion, Nova awards. Capital programs, and as you know I can go on and on.... Many of the posts you all have read right here by your "trusted source senior members" has come from me. That includes Canadian transit topics. However when I post them myself, we get all up in arms for some reason...... That shit is absolutely hilarious when I see the posts! maybe thats what I'll do... I'll just pass the stuff on so we can discuss the topics more, and cut down on the pissing contests.

Now if anyone wants to have some serious discussions about the industry, MTA, MTS or any of the other manufacturers then let's do that. Until then, you can catch me on an XD40, RTS, Orion V, OG, NG, 3G, LFS, LFSA, the last C40LF's ever, X3-45, MCI, or a D60HF. Did I miss anything??? Next Bus Please! :rolleyes: