Sign in to follow this  
JCL

Problems after the upgrade

I have encountered a couple of problems after the upgrade.

1) I can't seem to click the "Forum Options" button and select the any options.

2) There seems to be scripting error when loading the page. The error is " 'ipclass' is undefined "; line 2; char 1781.

I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem.

scr1.jpg

scr2.jpg

Neither Jan or I get that error. It also appears you are using an older version of Internet Explorer (5.5?).

Please upgrade your browser or try another one like Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ :lol:

I am using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 98.

I am using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 98.

LOL! No wonder. I don't know but, does any of the Admins or members have Vista? Ashton?

EDIT: I also noticed that the Terms Of Use link directs back to the board index.

Update --- I did not encounter any problem as of this session.

LOL! No wonder. I don't know but, does any of the Admins or members have Vista? Ashton?

I'm using Opera on Vista :D

I couldn't seem to upload any pics. I used an external site 'allyoucanupload instead'. I clicked on browse and selected the pic, then clicked on upload. Some pattern twirled around for twenty minutes and did nothing.

Terms of Use link is not active yet, but will be coming back.

I had Vista but uninstalled it, so I just use it at work occasionally now.

As for uploads, I'll respond to your email captaintrolley. If anyone else has uploading problems, please let me know because I tried it and it works fine for me.

FireFox is awesome 99 % of the time. The Fox Rox :)

(Not related to upgrade, but related to FF) Sometimes FF doesn't want to work on certain websites like (Scotiabank, Rogers, and Telus, then I go to IE) FF will open the home page, but then when I try to get to the security items (accounts) it says 'done' on the lower left hand corner, but there is nothing on the screen. Weird. Must be my computer. These sites usually always work on IE.

Sometimes FF gives me grief when I try to access my work stuff from home, then I have to use IE again. Double Weird. I make sure cookies and cache are 'cleared' and sometimes FF still won't work on these sites. AARRGGHH.

Some sites don't work in Firefox and work best in Internet Explorer (unfortunately). Most sites do work with Firefox nowadays since it makes up a lot of the browser market share.

Display problems could also be a result of plugins not being installed (for example, Adobe Flash Player).

Also, make sure you update to the latest versions as well. :)http://www.getfirefox.com

Some sites don't work in Firefox and work best in Internet Explorer (unfortunately). Most sites do work with Firefox nowadays since it makes up a lot of the browser market share.

Display problems could also be a result of plugins not being installed (for example, Adobe Flash Player).

Also, make sure you update to the latest versions as well. ;)http://www.getfirefox.com

An upgraded computer would be nice too :)

EDIT: I also noticed that the Terms Of Use link directs back to the board index.

I have Vista on my laptop, but my desktop has XP.

I can tell you the board does not work on Windows 95 with IE 4.0. ;) I tried at school. I get an error of some sort telling me this version of PHP is not supported.

I'm not having the problem mentioned in the first post, or any other problems for that matter. The Cut, Copy, and Paste buttons in rich text editor mode are missing; they use to look a lot like those in MS Word.

I use IE7 running under Win XP SP2.

Ashton,

not sure if this was part of your update or just my isp updating, but I can get into the forum today and it's really fast.

Thanks for your patients and help.

Cool, great to know. ;) The site is moved to a different server so that may have had something to do with it.
I can tell you the board does not work on Windows 95 with IE 4.0. :P I tried at school. I get an error of some sort telling me this version of PHP is not supported.
I hope no one is using these outdated systems. :P
I'm not having the problem mentioned in the first post, or any other problems for that matter. The Cut, Copy, and Paste buttons in rich text editor mode are missing; they use to look a lot like those in MS Word.

I use IE7 running under Win XP SP2.

They probably took it out because Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, and Ctrl+V are a lot faster than finding the button and clicking on it.

I can't seem to update my signature
What error does it give you?
I wonder if anyone tries the Safari web browser while accessing this board? I recently installed Safari on my system (yes, on my Windows system) and so far, so good.
Yeah, I tried it at work and it looked pretty good.

I can't seem to update my signature

Yeah same problem with me years ago. It seems this board no matter what version always have this problem so I experimented it and found a solution.

First, delete you current avatar, log off and close ALL the internet browsing windows. Then open it and go back to CPTDB and log in. Go to your setting (should have an empty avatar) and upload the new avatar you want. Voila!

It's kind of annoying to have to change the avatar like this though; hence, I rarely change my avatar nowadays.