Promagstyle

Transit Model Thread

I recently bought a bus from New York City, which cost me $3 USD.... not a bad deal. I have bought some paint thinner from Walmart, Primer from Canadian Tire and as well Enamel Paint. I am missing a few things such as Red, Black, and Grey Enamel Paint.

This is the original bus:

Trying to paint the bus like this (ignore the double door):

Also this fishbowl model, looks like a greyhound bus:

So far I got as far is stripping off the paint, and putting the primer on. I am wondering what do the Board Members suggest what type of paint should I use after I apply the base white enamel paint on the body of the bus. Should I use Arcylic or Enamel?

Need your suggestions people.

Also feel free to post your own custom painted models.

Lemon-scented oven cleaner may also work, as does high-purity isopropyl alcohol. Although regardless of the method that you choose, test it first on a very small portion of the model, preferably one that isn't easily seen like the lower inside of the shell.

Dan

I wouls suggest Pine Sol to remove paint and decals...

I don't know how effectively that would work on a die cast model.

My preference for stripping Corgi's is a paint stripper meant for use on cars.

Well it seems like Dave Dearstyne's model of York Regional Transit 2005 is completed! It looks awsome!

YRT_2005.jpgYRT_2005a.jpgYRT_2005r.jpgYRT_2005_r__1_.jpg

Very nice!

Don't call me a rivet-counter, but that license plate is too old for both the transit agency, livery, and Yield/Cedez sign on the rear.

Felix should have a picture of the real thing and you could fix the lisense plate accordingly :rolleyes:

They don't make 35 ft. models :D I wish they did

If your really good, you can do a cut down of the 40ft version to a 35 ft or even a 30ft version. I know there's some people working on a smaller custom version, but I never saw pictures yet.

Here's a model of a Sunwin trolleybus............it's sitting in my house (in Vancouver) now, awaiting delivery to Edmonton! :P

IMG_1769-2.jpg

IMG_1774-1.jpg

IMG_1776-1.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

Any guesses on who's going to be the new owner? :huh:

Dave

I'm guessing Ashton, but it could be the Cap'n...

I know who the new owner is, but you should've ordered me one also! :)

If it's not Ashton,

:huh:

captaintrolley... ofcorse it's Cap'n because this bus is a trolley bus :P

I know who the new owner is, but you should've ordered me one also! ;)

I got that from Bill McDonald from Victoria, that certain individual made a special request, so even myself I couldn't get one, unfortunately :( Oh well, I'll be sure to grab a few back from HK when I visit there next summer! Meanwhile, that certain individual also has quite a few buses for me! B) Wonder if the captain knows who is this bus for yet :rolleyes:

Are these your own models, or pictures of pictures of others' models? I think the idea of this thread is to post your own models. :rolleyes:

It is my own model picture

We can't see anything in your pictures. It looks like your taking them with a very bad camera phone.

We can't see anything in your pictures. It looks like your taking them with a very bad camera phone.

If you're using a typical digital camera, turn on the flash.............if you're taking photo of one specific bus...........stand far away, zoom in (with the flash on)..........these are a few tricks and techniques for taking photos of bus models!

Dave