Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, John Oke said:

as well here’s photo of one of the 737Max on the ground at YHM 

 

D72F2819-84FC-4788-B1C4-EBA2E5D91C59.jpeg

Hate to be an ass but I don’t see a plane

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John Oke said:

Are any of the Saab 340’s Q400’s or any of the 737 NG’s in the new livery yet?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Oke said:

Anyone know the registrations for the next three Dreamliners?

- C-GKKN - Line 959 - Had it's first flight on Jan 4th, expected delivery beginning of February.

- Line 994 - Should be arriving in 2020, I can't find any public record of a registration assigned to it.

- Line 1014 - Should be arriving in 2020, I can't find any public record of a registration assigned to it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WestJet lands in Roatán

 

Route

Frequency

Departing

Arriving

Effective

Toronto-Roatán

(Sunday)

Once weekly

9:30 a.m.

1:11 p.m.

December 15, 2019

Roatán- Toronto

(Sunday)

Once weekly

2:10 p.m.

7:27 p.m.

December 15, 2019

 

http://westjet.mediaroom.com/2019-12-16-WestJet-lands-in-Roatan

WestJet adds Boston to Calgary hub

 

Route

Frequency

Departing

Arriving

Effective

Calgary-Boston

Daily

9:45 a.m.

4:15 p.m.

May 14, 2020

Boston-Calgary

Daily

5 p.m.

8:15 p.m.

May 14, 2020

 

http://westjet.mediaroom.com/2019-12-12-WestJet-adds-Boston-to-Calgary-hub

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New WestJet 787-9 in bottom right at Paine Field 

8CF88377-D2CE-4C00-BD0F-CDFB89F69457.png
 

couldn’t get the registration 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news on Boston, from Victoria right now flying there is a giant pain. This will shorten the trip by hours, a couple times a year trip for me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dane said:

Great news on Boston, from Victoria right now flying there is a giant pain. This will shorten the trip by hours, a couple times a year trip for me :)

Via Seattle isn't an option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 9924 said:

Via Seattle isn't an option?

It can be, but air service there is really limited from here, so you basically have one shot, and get sunk again by transfers. Just a small airport problem, I'm sure if I flew from YVR it wouldn't be nearly as difficult.

(And I'm military so the savings on free bags alone often makes flying Canadian financially beneficial) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dane said:

It can be, but air service there is really limited from here, so you basically have one shot, and get sunk again by transfers. Just a small airport problem, I'm sure if I flew from YVR it wouldn't be nearly as difficult.

(And I'm military so the savings on free bags alone often makes flying Canadian financially beneficial) 

 

Was just thinking with the few flights you have to SEA from YYJ a day and the multitude of flights a day to BOS from SEA, it would be easier than trying to connect with a once daily out of YYC.  Haven't been to BOS yet, but it is on my US Bucketlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the joint venture that WestJet has with Delta does anyone think there’s a chance that WestJet may join Sky Team in the near future?

some other examples on why this could happen is the rewards programs with KLM-Air France, Delta and a few other Sky Team airlines are integrated with WS as well several codeshares with Sky Team airlines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to say now that they're no longer publicly traded because quarterly metrics and public disclosures aren't as important.  I have heard they've made changes to the RBC/WestJet Mastercard that make it less attractive.  It could be an indicator that they might be looking to wind down their in-house rewards scheme.  Given that some sort or rewards scheme is the norm for anything but the ULCCs and that WestJet probably has it's sights set on being a more conventional international carrier it wouldn't surprise me if they join Sky Team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 1:12 PM, John Oke said:

New WestJet 787-9 in bottom right at Paine Field 

8CF88377-D2CE-4C00-BD0F-CDFB89F69457.png
 

couldn’t get the registration 

That should be C-GKKN, she's coming home this month.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dbdb said:

It's hard to say now that they're no longer publicly traded because quarterly metrics and public disclosures aren't as important.  I have heard they've made changes to the RBC/WestJet Mastercard that make it less attractive.  It could be an indicator that they might be looking to wind down their in-house rewards scheme.  Given that some sort or rewards scheme is the norm for anything but the ULCCs and that WestJet probably has it's sights set on being a more conventional international carrier it wouldn't surprise me if they join Sky Team.

If you were looking for free flights, WS Rewards was awesome.  If you're after any other frequent flyer perks, it's useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WS flight 2702 bound for Montego Bay from Toronto was forced to turn back to YYZ after a passenger stood up and said he had the Coronavirus a 29 year old man from Thornhill,ON was arrested and charged with Mischief. What I found surprising is that he wasn’t charged with endangering an aircraft

 https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/false-coronavirus-claim-diverts-jamaica-bound-flight-back-to-toronto-1.4796266

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying on flight WS1876 on February 16th from YVR to OGG and on flight WS1877 on February 23rd from OGG to YVR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a time to get a brand-new expensive plane delivered. Surprised they didn't / weren't able to defer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zortan said:

Quite a time to get a brand-new expensive plane delivered. Surprised they didn't / weren't able to defer.

Given the Max situation, amplified by the current events, pretty sure Boeing doesn't have much room to store extra airframes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The description of this video states all 120 tails have been parked across Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...