Westjet

kitchenerlrt

18 hours ago, Nick B said:

Swoop offered a sneak peek of their cabin interior earlier today.

Hard to get a feel for it through the picture, will be interesting to see it in person - but looks pretty good - a bit of nice pink branding but nothing too "in your face".

They had a couple of models of the Swoop B738s available at the WestJet store for purchase - livery is growing on me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 9924 said:

WS B738 sitting at YLW minus the titles, winglets and the tail is getting scrubbed off - I'm assuming its slated to go over to Swoop

IMG_3294.jpg

I'd say either Swoop or the new livery they're rolling out in 4 days.

3 hours ago, KINGSTER200 said:

Swoop

WestJet adds limited-edition summer routes

Route

Frequency

Departs

Arrives

Effective/End Date

Calgary – Quebec City

4x weekly

10:30 a.m.

4:32 p.m.

June 29 / September 8, 2018

Quebec City – Calgary

4x weekly

5:30 p.m.

10:05 p.m.

June 29 / September 8, 2018

Calgary – Quebec City

3x weekly

10:30 a.m.

4:32 p.m.

September 8 / October 26, 2018

Quebec City – Calgary

3x weekly

10:05 p.m.

September 8 / October 26, 2018

Vancouver – London, ON

3x weekly

9:15 a.m.

4:27 p.m.

June 29 / September 7,  2018

London, ON – Vancouver

4x weekly

7:18 p.m.

June 29 / September 7,  2018

• Thanks 2

On 5/4/2018 at 10:28 AM, KINGSTER200 said:

Can't imagine them repainting an older bird in colours that haven't even been released yet - as much as I wish that were true, I doubt we'll see any new livery aircraft until the 787s arrive.  But we'll see, would be nice if some of the new Max-8s came pre-painted.

Don't know if anyone else watched the Facebook Live event, but today, WestJet finally revealed the new 787, the airline's new livery and new corporate branding - all I can say is WOW, I am not disappointed in least - the new identity is stunning.

The 787s will feature a 3 class cabin, full business class with dining on demand, full lie flat seats/beds with turn down service - the premium economy and economy have new leather seats with the WS colours embroidered in the seats - looks very smart along with the new updated WS logo through out the cabin.

The new livery is wonderful, clean, fresh, updated with large WestJet titles on the windows followed by "The Spirit of Canada" and the tail is updated somewhat and is brought down to the bottom of the fuselage.

Very excited with the direction they're going in!

https://787.westjet.com

Screen-_Shot-2018-05-08-at-2.32.17-_PM.p

• Like 5

Personally not the biggest fan of the font change of the WestJet title. I'm also quite iffy about the "Spirit of Canada" which is giving me some strange vibes of a certain airline down under.... 

Love the tail and cabin though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benton Harper said:

Reminds me of the Pink Air Canada used on their "ZIP" discount operation, as well as purple, red and 1 or 2 other colors

Fuchsia, blue, green and orange if I remember correctly.  I never did get a chance to fly on them, shame they're not around anymore - they had a cool brand - their napkins said "Yum" and their puke bags said "Yuck" lol

I do wish that Swoop would have extended the pink on the tail down to the bottom of the rear part of the fuselage though, think it would have looked a bit nicer that way.  Oh well, maybe in 22 years - seeing thats how long it took WS to finally update their livery ?

• 2 weeks later...

WestJet and RBC are expanding their partnership and will be offering a new rewards program later this year

The platform called Ampli will include merchant offers and rewards for members who spend with the bank and fly with the airline.

The bank plans to release it by the end of the year and says it will announce additional merchant partners in the coming months.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/rbc-and-westjet-partner-on-loyalty-platform-to-be-released-later-this-year-1.3971826

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like C-GXRW has been converted to Swoop and flown to Calgary for induction. C-FONK has been sent to Kelowna for conversion. 2 aircraft remain for conversion in 2018.

MAX 8 C-GZSG (8th MAX 8 for WestJet) flew first flight July 7th so should be transferred to WestJet soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enzo Aquarius said:

Looks like C-GXRW has been converted to Swoop and flown to Calgary for induction. C-FONK has been sent to Kelowna for conversion. 2 aircraft remain for conversion in 2018.

MAX 8 C-GZSG (8th MAX 8 for WestJet) flew first flight July 7th so should be transferred to WestJet soon.

I drove by KF Aerospace a couple of days ago, they had one Swoop bird ready (I'm assuming XRW) and another sitting beside having its paint stripped (didn't catch the reg on that one).

I'm assuming ZSG is in the new colours?

43 minutes ago, 9924 said:

I drove by KF Aerospace a couple of days ago, they had one Swoop bird ready (I'm assuming XRW) and another sitting beside having its paint stripped (didn't catch the reg on that one).

I'm assuming ZSG is in the new colours?

Yes, all new WestJet aircraft will be delivered in the new livery.