Westjet

kitchenerlrt

3 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Reminds me of ACA 860 with YYT to LHR service by A319. It'll be a cool sight for sure!

WS has been doing YYT - DUB/LGW with the 737 for a few years now - from what I’ve read, that flight will be transferred to YHZ this year as well. Not sure about the YYT - GLA flight.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 9924 said:

WS has been doing YYT - DUB/LGW with the 737 for a few years now - from what I’ve read, that flight will be transferred to YHZ this year as well. Not sure about the YYT - GLA flight.

The GLA flight is from YHZ...not YYT.. It's the LGW flight that will now operate from YHZ. The YYT-DUB route stays .

Halifax has had Paris service for the past few summers on a '737. ASL Airlines (France) had served YHZ with flights to DUB and CDG but this summer ASL is flying direct between St. Pierre FSP and CDG....and will no longer serve Halifax. Previously St Pierre residents could connect thru YHZ to/fr CDG during the summer on ASL Airlines.

This will now be St. Pierre's first ever non=stop transatlantic service. They've always had to connect thru YYT, YHZ or YUL.

1 hour ago, ghYHZ said:

The GLA flight is from YHZ...not YYT.. It's the LGW flight that will now operate from YHZ. The YYT-DUB route stays .

Halifax has had Paris service for the past few summers on a '737. ASL Airlines (France) had served YHZ with flights to DUB and CDG but this summer ASL is flying direct between St. Pierre FSP and CDG....and will no longer serve Halifax. Previously St Pierre residents could connect thru YHZ to/fr CDG during the summer on ASL Airlines.

This will now be St. Pierre's first ever non=stop transatlantic service. They've always had to connect thru YYT, YHZ or YUL.

Thanks for the correction 

12 hours ago, 9924 said:

You can buy tickets for Swoop now

I did a mock booking for July 25 from Abbotsford to Edmonton and the price came to $7.48 taxes in. I’ll post the screen shot later. 

First 2000 bookings were $0, passenger just pays fees and taxes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DL1892 said:

First 2000 bookings were $0, passenger just pays fees and taxes.

Yup, 500 seats for specific dates and then another 1500 for other dates.  Still lots for $39.  Be interesting to see if they do promotions like this from time to time throughout the year like Ryanair does.

Anyway, finally got around to positing the screen shot from yesterday ...

IMG_2537.png

It'll also be interesting to see how Flair reacts to this and if JetLines will continue to launch.  Regardless, it should prove to be an interesting year ahead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, J. Bullock said:

I believe so, but nothing "credible" just facebook talk..

I'd say GE too, but only because the 73s and 76s have GE/Snecma. I say this for the sake of parts similarity, as RR would be new to WJA. 

Any update on that new livery? Feb 28 is long gone. 

Just now, J. Bullock said:

Apparently it's been postponed until later this spring...

smh...I suppose it won't hurt considering we've been waiting for the past 22 years. Or 20 in my case. 

Just now, Nick B said:

From what I’ve heard, the livery “announcement” for February 28 was a hoax.

goddamit

5 hours ago, Nick B said:

From what I’ve heard, the livery “announcement” for February 28 was a hoax.

I hope not - fingers crossed B)

In other news ...

"WestJet ordered to change hiring practices for new no-frills carrier"

https://www.bnn.ca/canada-s-westjet-ordered-to-change-hiring-practices-for-new-no-frills-carrier-1.1019521

With todays announcement of Mr. Saretsky retiring - hmmmm

• 3 weeks later...

A ‘round trip last week between YQM and YVR gave me an opportunity for a quick comparison between Westjet and Air Canada front-line staff: 3 flights on Westjet going and 2 on Air Canada returning.

Don’t get me wrong…..all delivered great service and all announcements pertaining to safety were delivered professionally….. but it was constant (and not just on one of the WS flights..... and even at the Gates).....the  ‘Corny’…. trying to be funny comments/jokes by the WS employees. And I wasn’t the only one noticing from the looks across the aisle!  Air Canada just delivered a more professional sounding service..   

On 2018-03-24 at 5:49 AM, ghYHZ said:

A ‘round trip last week between YQM and YVR gave me an opportunity for a quick comparison between Westjet and Air Canada front-line staff: 3 flights on Westjet going and 2 on Air Canada returning.

Don’t get me wrong…..all delivered great service and all announcements pertaining to safety were delivered professionally….. but it was constant (and not just on one of the WS flights..... and even at the Gates).....the  ‘Corny’…. trying to be funny comments/jokes by the WS employees. And I wasn’t the only one noticing from the looks across the aisle!  Air Canada just delivered a more professional sounding service..   

There's good funny and annoying funny - some people can pull it off, others try too hard.  I have no problem with the light heartedness during safety demos, if its done well - if that makes any sense.  There are a few WS safety demos on YouTube that seriously make me cringe but if you do go on to YouTube, check out Southwest's Clarence and Frank, they pull it off extremely well.

Even safety videos have gone light hearted over the last several years, Air NewZealand has some fantastic ones, as does Delta and the new one from BA is pretty good as well.

But the absolute best safety demo I ever had in my flying experience was the one when we got evacuated out of Ft Mac on the Herc ...

... what a ride that was LOL!

But, in other WestJet news.  I noticed on my last 5 WS flights over the last week and a half that they are now using some light boarding music, very nice touch and gives a hint as to the direction WS is heading.  And on tonight's flight,  I noticed that the female voice on the automated messaging system is different  - the new voice is much softer, its a welcome change as I found the previous voice to be quite abrasive and annoying.  So Kudos to you WS - great changes!

• Like 2

So yesterdays flight was on a -700 and it had the last generation interior, slim seats with the bigger TV screen.  Tonight we had an -800 with the old interior, grey seats, less legroom and small TV screens ...

IMG_2850.jpg

... I had no idea that they still had -800s flying around with this interior, haven't seen that in the last 3 years LOL!

• 4 weeks later...