Westjet

kitchenerlrt

I just created this post about any Westjet information or events that are occuring. On Monday May 14, Westjet began service to Kitchener-Waterloo, Saint John and Deer Lake. Here's some pics from the inaugural flight YYC-YKF.

O Where O Where is a GRT bus, O where O where can it be! :lol:

Come on GRT, serivce to the airport might be nice!!!! The Region runs both the airport and GRT and maintains the roads to get there, but can't link the two together :P

O Where O Where is a GRT bus, O where O where can it be! :lol:

Come on GRT, serivce to the airport might be nice!!!! The Region runs both the airport and GRT and maintains the roads to get there, but can't link the two together :blink:

You're getting off topic Great Golden Horseshoe Transit :P:P . Hopefully we'll see some service to the airport in the next year :P

You're getting off topic Great Golden Horseshoe Transit :lol::P . Hopefully we'll see some service to the airport in the next year :P

My comment WAS related to the Westjet service if you think about it...how people who would've wanted to see the inagural flight from YKF, but if they relied on transit, it was out of the question (I know I'm splitting hairs :blink: )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've flown Westjet in 2002 and 2003. Not bad, though it's become even better since then.

Also, it's a bit surprising that Westjet doesn't fly to New York City. I'm sure if it offered service to New York, it could be profitable. It could compete against Air Canada and U.S. carriers. However, IF, (just if) Westjet was to fly to New York, Which airport do you think would be their choice: JFK La Guardia, or Newark?

• 5 months later...

Yay!

Steve and I are flying WestJet in May YUL-YYC-YUL :lol:

It'll be my first time on WestJet and Steve's first flight! I can't wait to try this out!!! Especially after all the rave reviews I've heard from guys like rocketdriver2019.

• Root Admin
Yay!

Steve and I are flying WestJet in May YUL-YYC-YUL :lol:

It'll be my first time on WestJet and Steve's first flight! I can't wait to try this out!!! Especially after all the rave reviews I've heard from guys like rocketdriver2019.

I'm going to Los Angeles, California in May, flying with Westjet for my first time! I am very excited, and I got a very good deal! I am very excited about the trip and am looking forward to enjoying my vacation in LA!

;)

WestJet are an excellent airline. What impressed me the most is the excellent ground service- the check-in crews are genuinely kind and friendly. The flight attendants are also a very enthusiastic bunch, and they also have a sense of humour for a change!

Taken from Vancouver last year to and from, I highly recommended. I wish AC can crash down hard!

We got a seat sale!

Check it out guys if you want to go somewhere, it's 50% off for the next few hours!

http://c1dsp.westjet.com/guest/spare2.jsp

Yup, I got that too as I'm heading from Tor-Cgy, then Edm-Mtl with both seat sales.

I haven't travelled with Westjet during the summer months. Do they offer seats sales in July and August as well?

Probably heading east to Toronto/ Montreal. Probably not doing a planned trip to the US as I need to save some money as I intend to get my own place in the next year or so.

Last year I did Edmonton - Toronto return with Westjet for just over $400 (including taxes).

• Root Admin
Taken from Vancouver last year to and from, I highly recommended. I wish AC can crash down hard!

Yup, I got that too as I'm heading from Tor-Cgy, then Edm-Mtl with both seat sales.

Same! I got a seat sale as well from Toronto-Los Angeles and Los Angeles-Toronto. Sweet Deal! They really want ppl's business!

Tickets to Calgary return cost us slighly less than 520$ each person with taxes and everything. I was hoping to fly WestJet over AC. Also, the tickets came out to be cheaper because we're taking the red eye on the flight back home. I never took a domestic red eye before so that will be a little exciting!

Martin, let the MTL guys know if/when you come to MTL... we can show you a royal welcome!

Tickets to Calgary return cost us slighly less than 520$ each person with taxes and everything. I was hoping to fly WestJet over AC. Also, the tickets came out to be cheaper because we're taking the red eye on the flight back home. I never took a domestic red eye before so that will be a little exciting!

Martin, let the MTL guys know if/when you come to MTL... we can show you a royal welcome!

I always take the red eye when heading out east. Otherwise, with the time change you can lose a good portion of a perfectly good day.

I'll usually catch an early flight back home. That way I still end up with a full day back in Edmonton.

Westjet is the best airline ever. The flight attendance on my last flight from Toronto to Edmonton was like the most hilarious person ever. And they have bigger planes even if they fly to small places like Thunder Bay. (Air Canada Jazz service sucks, and I hate small planes.)

That's cause most are probably from Calgary!! :-p

Albertian chicks rule! :P

WestJet's not quite what it used to be for the super personal service (they're too big now) but they're still better than AC as far as employees doing things outside of their job descriptions.

But they still rocks than any other Canadian airlines as most of them smaller companies have dropped down to the ground!

WestJet's not quite what it used to be for the super personal service (they're too big now) but they're still better than AC as far as employees doing things outside of their job descriptions.

??? :P ?? Dude... serious? Did you encouter something with them? Sorry but it's just surprising because they are still the same great airline they were three years ago when I personally first flew with them. I hear nothing but great things about them all the time. WestJet is our families first choice of airline! They are very friendly, funny, helpful, great smooth flights, never lost luggage problems with them (at least I don't know anyone that has). Anyhow, that's just me I guess..

• 1 month later...

Alright well first good sign for me was that we were able to pick our seats for our flight. I don't think that's a bad idea! Pretty liberal for an airline... not sure how many others let you do that. I bumped Steve and I up from row 23 (i.e. the last row) up to row 8 :lol:

Alright well first good sign for me was that we were able to pick our seats for our flight. I don't think that's a bad idea! Pretty liberal for an airline... not sure how many others let you do that. I bumped Steve and I up from row 23 (i.e. the last row) up to row 8 :lol:

Change seats ASAP if you want a window!

Trust me, that wasn't a problem... the thing is, I don't know if those emergency exit seats were sold at a premium or not. I would have liked to get my hands on that action!