Westjet

kitchenerlrt

• Board Admin

Unfortunately I didn't get to ride it - I also rode 600s or 700s both ways.

I did notice the satellite TV systems can now track during all portions of the flight, and you're allowed to wear earbud type headphones for the entire flight. Not so in the land of America...

announced Thursday that they are dropping more flights out of Hamilton (Goodbye Moncton). All that will be left is 16 weekly flights to Calgary and Florida flights during the winter. Too bad-you could park at Hamilton for a week for what a day costs at Pearson

• 2 weeks later...

WestJet just announced Toronto (YYZ) <-> New Orleans (MSY) starting November 1. A great new opportunity for WestJet, hopefully it'll bring more tourists, NOLA really needs it's tourist and convention business back. Maybe they'll add YYC <-> MSY in the new year.

• 1 month later...

announced Thursday that they are dropping more flights out of Hamilton (Goodbye Moncton). All that will be left is 16 weekly flights to Calgary and Florida flights during the winter. Too bad-you could park at Hamilton for a week for what a day costs at Pearson
I'm surprised they only flew Hamilton-Moncton and Hamilton-Calgary. I would think their would be a demand for Hamilton-Vancouver .

• 3 months later...

From airlineroute

Canadian carrier WestJet from 12FEB11 to 29APR11 is leasing Boeing 757-200 aircraft from North American Airlines for its operation between Alberta and Hawaii, in order to minimize the need of weight reduction when Boeing 737 aircraft operates the service.

Schedule:

Calgary – Honolulu

WS3008 YYC0730 – 1144HNL 757 5

WS3009 HNL1330 – 2301YYC 757 5

Calgary – Kahului

WS3004 YYC0730 – 1141OGG 757 46

WS3006 YYC1115 – 1526OGG 757 1

WS3005 OGG1330 – 2249YYC 757 347

Edmonton – Kahului

WS3010 YEG0730 – 1149OGG 757 37

WS3011 OGG1330 – 2300YEG 757 26

• 2 weeks later...
From airlineroute

Canadian carrier WestJet from 12FEB11 to 29APR11 is leasing Boeing 757-200 aircraft from North American Airlines for its operation between Alberta and Hawaii, in order to minimize the need of weight reduction when Boeing 737 aircraft operates the service.

I've also heard that the 757 is supposed to be leased from Air Finland, but that was a while ago so maybe they went with NTM instead. Regadless, the 757 will be a wet lease which means that neither the flight or cabin crew will be WestJet's own but they will have an "amabassador" onboard to supervise the NTM crew. Seeing that its a short term lease, she'll only be receiving decals to identify her as WS. Anyone know the reg?

• 1 month later...
Westjet painted one B757 in a modified Westjet livery. Photo here. It flew over YVR last night.

from the pic discription:

N750NA (26277) Freshly painted in Westjet colors for use on Calgary direct to Hawaii flights. 757 is being wet-leased fom North American Airlines

Is this the only plane they are leasing?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WestJet and Air France launch enhanced partnership

Agreement adds 15 Canadian routes; easy access to Air France's global network

CALGARY/PARIS, March 7, 2013 /CNW/ - WestJet and Air France today announced they have entered into a code-share agreement enabling Air France to offer its customers 10 new Canadian destinations operated by WestJet.

The "AF" code is now on select WestJet flights connecting from Toronto to Vancouver, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Thunder Bay, Ottawa, Quebec City, Saint-John's, Moncton and Halifax. Winnipeg and Calgary flights also bear the French carrier's code for both Toronto and Montreal connections to Air France's direct flights to Paris

http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=756

• 1 year later...