TTC D40LF Rear Destination Sign

I don't know how you can mix up a 0 or a 3...then again everything is possible.

I remember thinking "heh two _s" so I'm starting to think it was 7307, but since I screwed it up in the first place I wont try to declare that.

unfortunalty the ones I see now, like 7320 (working) are already marked off

• 2 weeks later...
But this only occurs on the RTS/D40LF?

The RTSes uses a flourescent-lit rear destination sign for some reason. The dot-arrangement is also different between the two. So it's just the D40LF that has a retarded rear sign,

The RTSes uses a flourescent-lit rear destination sign for some reason. The dot-arrangement is also different between the two. So it's just the D40LF that has a retarded rear sign,

The Luminator 3000 series rear signs weren't available when the RTS order was made. 7300 wasn't delivered with one, but had one retrofitted after its initial in service trial.

As has been mentioned here before, the main issue with these rear signs is loss of power or contact with the control keypad, which happens frequently on the RTS and Orion V buses as well. The disproportionate number of them at Queensway seems to be a local maintenance issue (many will remember that a lot of D40LFs had a lot of destination sign trouble after moving to Queensway that took a few months to resolve).

The Luminator 3000 series rear signs weren't available when the RTS order was made. 7300 wasn't delivered with one, but had one retrofitted after its initial in service trial.

As has been mentioned here before, the main issue with these rear signs is loss of power or contact with the control keypad, which happens frequently on the RTS and Orion V buses as well. The disproportionate number of them at Queensway seems to be a local maintenance issue (many will remember that a lot of D40LFs had a lot of destination sign trouble after moving to Queensway that took a few months to resolve).

You know what? On wednesday when I went transit fanning in the city, while on the 96, I saw a couple RTSs with 96 Wilson To York Mills or 165 Weston Rd with their destination sign as something else. One RTS had its rear destination sign as 96D while making the return trip to on the 96 to York Mills so... Anyone know what this means?

You know what? On wednesday when I went transit fanning in the city, while on the 96, I saw a couple RTSs with 96 Wilson To York Mills or 165 Weston Rd with their destination sign as something else. One RTS had its rear destination sign as 96D while making the return trip to on the 96 to York Mills so... Anyone know what this means?

It doesn't mean anything, the signs were frozen.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw 7350 today on 30. The sign was blank except for 4 dots showing. But here's the weird thing, the rear sign was not LED's. It was the yellow/green flip thingies. You know, like the signs on MT's unit up to 9800's. I'm now sorry I never payed attention to the different types and their names. But yes, the rear sign was the flip tabs not LED's.

I saw 7350 today on 30. The sign was blank except for 4 dots showing. But here's the weird thing, the rear sign was not LED's. It was the yellow/green flip thingies. You know, like the signs on MT's unit up to 9800's. I'm now sorry I never payed attention to the different types and their names. But yes, the rear sign was the flip tabs not LED's.

The TTC didn't refit the rear sign, just left it. I can't remember if the side sign was refitted as well.

I found that this page has all the info on the different signs. I think the TTC replaced all its bus rollsigns with Matrix:MAX signs.