WestJet Crewbus

#B0005 for West Jet has arrived and is in Airdrie having a few things checked before entering service. They were expecting 3 of them to replace the Thomas / Orion SLF that they plan to sell off. I think they will be getting rid of their Cutaways too!

It's the first for NFI in Canada to have those luggage racks inside?

• Board Admin

Probably, but a few places in the States have them already. I guess it also depends on what kind of racks - the standalone ones that take up seating/floor space, or the ones that run overhead...

Does anyone have any pictures of one yet that they didn't put up, that would make a nice livery!

I seen 2 of them at westjet already. The livery is just Westjet on the upper part of the bus. I will try and go get a picture today your tomorrow if i can.

thats right just plain white with there name

ive seen them both running at the airport

LOL! That will fool some Transit Customers into thinking they are the route 57 bus probably. Often times, the route 57 has the plain white 2007 D40LF's operating on it. And I am sure West Jet has their signs set to "Employee Shuttle" or whatever it usually read on the Thomas/Orion SLF. But you know well people read the signs on the buses. Many see a bus thinking it HAS to be THEIR bus! So many times I pull over for someone running for my bus when I am already running late only to have them get to my door and read the sign and say: "Sorry, Wrong bus!!!"

Ok! Got an update on the D40LFR's. They actually got two of them I was told today. Not 3 which I had been told back in the fall. I was not really sure which section to put my new West Jet "Bus" gallery on my website, so it is in my coach section at this direct link:

http://www.busdrawings.com/coach/westjet/index.htm

Enjoy!

Ok! Got an update on the D40LFR's. They actually got two of them I was told today. Not 3 which I had been told back in the fall. I was not really sure which section to put my new West Jet "Bus" gallery on my website, so it is in my coach section at this direct link:

http://www.busdrawings.com/coach/westjet/index.htm

Enjoy!

You can put Coaches and Shuttles section.

Exterior is almost exact like Oakville D40LFR. Interior which I can see it has a luggage shelf.

#B0005 for West Jet has arrived and is in Airdrie having a few things checked before entering service. They were expecting 3 of them to replace the Thomas / Orion SLF that they plan to sell off. I think they will be getting rid of their Cutaways too!

Where in Airdrie is or was the bus! I live here or there....you now what I mean :lol:

Where in Airdrie is or was the bus! I live here or there....you now what I mean ;)

Well, you and I really need to meet up some day! I can show you, I don't know the address or street names in Airdrie very well. But I do know how to get there. But the bus that was in Airdrie the other day was back running in Calgary when I got the photos of it.

Well, you and I really need to meet up some day! I can show you, I don't know the address or street names in Airdrie very well. But I do know how to get there. But the bus that was in Airdrie the other day was back running in Calgary when I got the photos of it.

OK!! I would Imagine it was on the East side, near the Bottle Depot, not Cardinal Coach lines but....I just can't remember now....oh well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

060610-9435cb0005.jpg

060610-9437cb0005.jpg

060610-9439cb0004.jpg

060610-9441cb0004.jpg

Recently heard somewhere that the service West Jet is operating with these two D40LFR's may end soon due to the Calgary Airport Expansion construction. So I wonder what may happen to these two buses along with the spare unit, a Thomas SLF-235.

I really wish they would give their D40LFR's a bath! CB0004 is looking rather rough as it seems it has been involved in an incident at some point. Images taken June 6, 2010.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Would there even be the slightest chance that these units could be going to Brandon? A picture in the Brandon Sun showed a D40LFR with Top Open Windows in BT colours, but the buses I saw at New Flyer had sliding windows (Including a D40LFR). So would the be any truth to this, or might it be to far fetched?

Nevermind.