Favourite ferries

Favourite ferries  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Speed

• Slow
    • Fast
    • Don't know/don't care

In eastern Canada, we have ferries which get us from one place to the other, which draws us back to the days when people immigrated to Canada (or the other way 'round) by boat from 1928 to 1971 as there were no transcontinental flights back then. I Prefer the slow ferry as opposed to the fast one 'cuz I never get seasick, even though I rarely use Gravol.

In eastern Canada, we have ferries which get us from one place to the other, which draws us back to the days when people immigrated to Canada (or the other way 'round) by boat from 1928 to 1971 as there were no transcontinental flights back then. I Prefer the slow ferry as opposed to the fast one 'cuz I never get seasick, even though I rarely use Gravol.

My Favorite ferry: The MV Queen of Esquimalt.

• 2 weeks later...

MV Joseph and Clara Smallwood.

Not a small vessel by any stretch of the imagination.

Dan

Never been on that one.

I've been on the MV Caribou, which is the same design as the Smallwood but I am told is a better vessel.

On the other hand the MV Leif Ericson should be renamed the MV Gravol. It is one heck of a ride!

• 1 month later...
When I go to Vancouver on my vacation, I'll ride the SeaBus. That'll be the passenger ferry of choice.

If you like short distance trip.

BC Ferries are my favorite! All of their ships have refurbished ever since they are in private and now it's feels alot better. Looking forward to ride their newest ship coming out next year.