Fort McMurray aka Wood Buffalo

Pretty sharp paint scheme but I wonder why they went to a new scheme.

The 2010 D40LFR buses (1962 to 1975) were also delivered in a new scheme. They were mainly green overall.

It seems it was under decision at that time on new livery. It looks pretty good!

I don't know if they continue ordering A/C on their new buses, the Xcelsior is impossible to tell!

It seems it was under decision at that time on new livery. It looks pretty good! I don't know if they continue ordering A/C on their new buses, the Xcelsior is impossible to tell!
it is possible to tell, see the Thermo King Sticker on the A/C at the roof of those Xcelsior? Very very nice scheme btw.......much better than the previous version "new" scheme.......
Looks good! When was the Xcelisors ordered? Says 2011 only on wiki, no months added
no Xcelsior were there during my June 2011 visit so they must have to be delivered after June, the arrival of Xcelsior might end the era for the remaining Classics in the fleet, both ex-Santa Monica and ex-Utah one.........

it is possible to tell, see the Thermo King Sticker on the A/C at the roof of those Xcelsior?

Because the Xcelsior rooftop design is so different, it covers the length just like the rest of the Xcelsior order. The LFR has a smaller length on their rooftop, so obviously it has a rooftop heater. Time to look on the roof!

Because the Xcelsior rooftop design is so different, it covers the length just like the rest of the Xcelsior order. The LFR has a smaller length on their rooftop, so obviously it has a rooftop heater. Time to look on the roof!

True, but I wonder if Xcelsior would still have that rooftop if they don't come with A/C.......anyone know if any system orders Xcelsior without A/C?!

Its not just for A/C use its a HVAC unit like what most buses have so it does provide heat as well,here is the info for you guys who didnt know http://www.thermokin...PM_Brochure.pdf

I wonder if Wood Buffalo Transit ordered their own buses this time, the last couple of orders was piggyback with ETS orders and those don't come with a/c.

Perhaps this, this may be their standard order with Xcelsior.

So now I am wondering if FMT #'s 3526-3527 are being kept up there as spare units. #'s 3522-3525 have now shown up at a Southland Transportation yard in Calgary. So I am wondering if these will end up operating with the other Classics and C40's that are already in use in Calgary by Southland Transportation or if they will end up in the Red Arrow Spruce Meadows fleet.... Could be interesting times ahead here in Calgary.

According to the WIKI, there is also an ex-Santa Monica Classic numbered 3528. So it seems as though there are possibly 3 (#'s 3526-3528) of these still in the Fort McMurray area. I have no idea if they are still active or just parked as a reserve fleet or not.

Here are a few vins:

3522 - 2AUYT82J6N3000027 (Dec. 1991)

3523 - 2AUYT82J0N3000024 (1991?)

3524 - 2AUYT82J1L3000188 (May 1990)

3525 - 2AUYT82J3L3000189 (May 1990)

Also, I have added 23 new images to my FMT Photo gallery on my website thanks to Kevin Nicol and Simon Yiu. Here is a direct link to the main index page of the FMT gallery:

http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta/fmt/index.htm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Preliminary reports indicated that the buses had nearly all of their windows smashed, fire extinguishers removed and deployed, oil and other fluids poured on the interior, and fires had been lit in two of the buses.

Who in the F* would do this?! Like seriously, whoever did this should get the worst sentence imaginable. Also, maybe Fort McMurray should have a more... secure bus parking area, like FRG in Winnipeg (10-foot high fencing, billions of cameras, constables, etc). My guess is that a bunch of teenagers did this...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...