hl7534

Shocking / disturbing things you have witnessed on transit

Today I was at Lawrence West about to go outside to the bus bays when a door opened by itself. They aren't automatic and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the wind.

Polite ghost! LOL! :P

Personally, I think that's more of a WTF moment than a disturbing one. :P

The ghost of fishbowls past... :(

Lol :D

That drunk guy that smelled and criticized Canadians, saying how he'd 'been here for 58 years'. As he was leaving, he was told by several passengers to 'go back to his country'.

Sorry, but ;)

Guest orionvi
The ghost of fishbowls past... ;)

Imagine the ghost of fishbowls future... while it is the scariest of the three, it is also the one that will help us the most.

Reminds me back in 2004 how when I was waiting for a streetcar, a guy was ranting and raving, saying stuff like "Canada sucks!" and calling people nazis.

That drunk guy that smelled and criticized Canadians, saying how he'd 'been here for 58 years'. As he was leaving, he was told by several passengers to 'go back to his country'.

Sorry, but ;)

Guest orionvi
Is that the one shaped like a Frigidaire? ;)

No, I'm talking about how all the hybrids will die, and then the TTC has a shortage. That is how it's the scariest.

As for how it will provide the most help to us, I think you know where I'm going with this.

The fishbowls will come back.

No, I'm talking about how all the hybrids will die, and then the TTC has a shortage. That is how it's the scariest.

As for how it will provide the most help to us, I think you know where I'm going with this.

Winnipeg Transit route 11, some gangster guy was trying to get out the back door. It was an D40LF with the infamous yellow strip, and it didn't work. Instead of asking the driver for the back door, the fucking guy bodyslams them open, the bell rings, he storms off the bus and everyone around was staring at the back door going "wow". Happened last night.

People are stupid, enough said.

Winnipeg Transit route 11, some gangster guy was trying to get out the back door. It was an D40LF with the infamous yellow strip, and it didn't work. Instead of asking the driver for the back door, the fucking guy bodyslams them open, the bell rings, he storms off the bus and everyone around was staring at the back door going "wow". Happened last night.

People are stupid, enough said.

I witnessed a similar incident while headed home today. For some reason, on Milton Transit buses, the yellow strips which you have to push to open the door don't work, and the driver has to open the rear door. So I was on the bus and a very short lady who is chatting on her phone pulls the cord while the bus is still idling. When we get to her stop, she attempts to bodyslam the door but it does no good, and she doesn't even bother to yell loud enough for the driver to hear. The bus, being a piece of sh*t Bluebird Ultra LF, is super crowded, and it's not until someone else on the bus says to the driver that someone wants the rear door to open that she actually gets off.

I witnessed a similar incident while headed home today. For some reason, on Milton Transit buses, the yellow strips which you have to push to open the door don't work, and the driver has to open the rear door. So I was on the bus and a very short lady who is chatting on her phone pulls the cord while the bus is still idling. When we get to her stop, she attempts to bodyslam the door but it does no good, and she doesn't even bother to yell loud enough for the driver to hear. The bus, being a piece of sh*t Bluebird Ultra LF, is super crowded, and it's not until someone else on the bus says to the driver that someone wants the rear door to open that she actually gets off.

Why do transit agencies even order BlueBird! Especially with Ontario sandwiched between NovaBus, Orion and NFI?

Why do transit agencies even order BlueBird! Especially with Ontario sandwiched between NovaBus, Orion and NFI?

I don't know, but God forbid they get more. Our current ones already perform like crap anyway - ridiculously loud engine, too slow or too fast front doors, a weird sound that sounds like a lever being released at takeoff, and excess rattling when the bus is at idle. These are 2008 units, and I've ridden on much older buses that sound much better. Incidentally, I don't think the push strips are broken on our D40LFs, and I can't judge the Orion VI because it's avoiding me like the plague. And don't even get me started on crush loading... :(

I'm rather hoping their next order will be for D40LFRs. I don't like Nova LFSes and I am far too familiar with the Orion VII.

Route 21 (D40), an 6 year old kid got on the bus ALONE with a transfer heading downtown. he had NO parents with him, and sat alone. both got off at the bay, and then he just wandered down Colony like its normal for him.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PARENTS?!?!

Sorry about the obvious swear, but parents these days are retarded beyond belief if they allow kids that young to get onto a busy bus towards downtown at rush hour. like get off the blackberry, put away the bong and take care of your damn children

[/end rant]

Route 21 (D40), an 6 year old kid got on the bus ALONE with a transfer heading downtown. he had NO parents with him, and sat alone. both got off at the bay, and then he just wandered down Colony like its normal for him.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PARENTS?!?!

Sorry about the obvious swear, but parents these days are retarded beyond belief if they allow kids that young to get onto a busy bus towards downtown at rush hour. like get off the blackberry, put away the bong and take care of your damn children

[/end rant]

This post is hilarious. I just read in the famous guitarist Randy bachmanns bio (also from winnipeg!) used to take the bus to his music lessons by himself at the same age.

I saw my share of disturbing things on transit today.

1. At Dundas West station, a cross-eyed lady was standing by the transfer vending machine, staring at people.

2. Some lady by the 168 Symington bus bay was talking to herself. When I got back about an hour and a half later, she was still there.

3. On board CLRV 4041, some (presumably drunk) old lady was talking to herself and cackling loudly. Thankfully, she got off at Dundas & Parliament and I had a quiet ride the rest of the way to Broadview station.

Something shocking and Couldve been but thank God, not distubing, sight i saw while i was in Philly. These 2 DUMB girls, stood in the middle of 2 rail cars, and couldve got sliced in half, with just one little mistake. Im just glad they are safe, and please dont ever try this!!!

I saw my share of disturbing things on transit today.

1. At Dundas West station, a cross-eyed lady was standing by the transfer vending machine, staring at people.

2. Some lady by the 168 Symington bus bay was talking to herself. When I got back about an hour and a half later, she was still there.

3. On board CLRV 4041, some (presumably drunk) old lady was talking to herself and cackling loudly. Thankfully, she got off at Dundas & Parliament and I had a quiet ride the rest of the way to Broadview station.

She got off at Dundas and Parliment? What a surprise.....Regent park.

Today, I was fanning with Greekguy1326 and at one point, we went to Finch. I saw a woman remove the map from a T-1 and got a photo of it.

Thief.JPG

Today I was at Finch buying an April Metropass for my sister (who is in Australia right now). After I had bought her pass. I went to the hot dog stand at the Regional bus terminal. I could hear a man ranting, but I couldn't tell what he was saying, but he was mad. He was shouting so loud I could hear him from a block away. I could tell he was angry, but couldn't tell what he was ranting about.

I was at Finch and I saw a woman walk out into the road in the TTC bus bay and almost got struck by TTC 7024.

Had a woman do that to me this morning, just ran out infront of my bus cause she wanted me to stop so she could get on.

I wasnt happy that she could be that stupid and once she was out of the way, walking to the door, I carried on.