CN Locos

A. Wong

• 1 month later...
Photos of the latest 2200's have started to pop up on the usual channels, and oddly enough these units (which are a new order, rather than an add-on to the previous ES44DC order) sport a couple of very interesting visual differences.

Dan

Like the Thomas The Tank Engine-ish class light at the front :)

The 8800's are out in full force, the Kingston sub (Ontario) seems to be a popular place for them.

Here are two recent CN shots I took: 1) a Geep-Slug-Geep set switching BIT, and 2) a pair of GP40-2WL's coming back on the Mac-Lambton transfer known as #577.

CNGeepsBIT.jpg

CN577Geeps.jpg

Too bad CN wouldn't plaster a Thomas The Tank Engine face on all of their new GEVO's with that one front and rear DPU marker.

You could always buy a Halloween mask and stick it on the nose :lol:

Far worse things have been put there... (here's a hint: inflatable)

Fyi: 2263 was trailing on a 114 today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

Jeez, does anyone know what happened? I think I have photos of that unit.

This morning saw 5311, 5357, and 1433 heading north by Clareview Station.

I have pictures of the VIA consist that derailed around here a few years ago too. Probably the last shots of them in service.

Jeez, does anyone know what happened? I think I have photos of that unit.

This morning saw 5311, 5357, and 1433 heading north by Clareview Station.

I have pictures of the VIA consist that derailed around here a few years ago too. Probably the last shots of them in service.

It says on the page with the pic of 5307: "Remarks: Retired and awaiting the torch is CN 5307. This engine along with 6002 and 6004 were in a pretty significant washout derailment on the Brazeau Sub, with a sulphur train."

Not the best photo, but a brand new GEVO taking a trip around the loop at Thornton yard. Have yet to see any of the new EMD's.

DSCN0481.jpg

2258 was one of 5 new ones I remember spotting last month heading to Mac yard.

A lot of the SD70M-2's are running around out east between Toronto and Montreal. You can't throw an SBU on the Kingston Sub without hitting one :P

Here's a sight that's getting rarer...3 former straight-SD40's on a freight...SD40u's 6020 & 6016, plus SD40-3 WC 6944. Rumour is CN is looking at storing/retiring the WC/GCFX units.

13313s_CN399.jpg

2258 was one of 5 new ones I remember spotting last month heading to Mac yard.

A lot of the SD70M-2's are running around out east between Toronto and Montreal. You can't throw an SBU on the Kingston Sub without hitting one :P

Here's a sight that's getting rarer...3 former straight-SD40's on a freight...SD40u's 6020 & 6016, plus SD40-3 WC 6944. Rumour is CN is looking at storing/retiring the WC/GCFX units.

they should keep (WC/GCFX) them and get rid of the IC non DB units