CN Locos

A. Wong

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

Weird sighting today, saw a train with 5336 by Belvedere Station, then as my train went further north, there was another train right behind the first one - with some different units, 2 out of 3 were in the 7000 range.

Weird sighting today, saw a train with 5336 by Belvedere Station, then as my train went further north, there was another train right behind the first one - with some different units, 2 out of 3 were in the 7000 range.

I saw that once before... one train after another the Vegreville sub. Those 7000's... assuming they are GP-9's.. are kind of out of place up there. I can't say I ever recall seeing a GP-9 on the Vegreville sub.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

Saw an interesting consist with I think a 5200 series loco, with 8818 and BC Rail 4654.

Later on in the night, I saw what looked like a CP Rail loco and a CN loco in the CN yards along Yellowhead Trail, crossing above 97 Street.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't want to create another pointless thread, but yeah so...

Shinny and smooth wheel that belongs to a flatbed railcar loaded with 2X4's

cimg1175da5.jpg

A view from the top looking down at the couplers and this is between two flatbed railcars as well

cimg1179mm3.jpg

Last shot another view, but with different cars; a tanker and a flatbed coupled, but with slack.

cimg1180rq2.jpg

How often are the 1400's on the ex BCR Tyler ? We got 1422 held hostage at Oakville Yard and she's been getting alot of positive views from the old hog heads.

1408 has been at the ex-BCR for a few weeks. The yard power at the BCR is whatever Thornton yard sends over. We've got those 2 units(7047 and 1408) and the 7244+slug set. Lynn Creek(CN North Van yard) has 2 GMD-1's(1420 and 1440) along with some 7300's, and the 1419 is either at Thornton yard or Kamloops(yard power for Kamloops comes from Thornton yard).

...she's been getting alot of positive views from the old hog heads.

I find that hard to believe. The last time a GMD1 was around town the crews couldn't wait to get rid of it....it lasted all of 5 days down at Oakville before it was shipped back up to Mac.

Dan

CN #6106... Is that an Ex-Illinois Central unit? Looks like an SD40-2 to me.

It's actually IC 6106 painted up CN but with IC sublettering. Same with the grey and blue locos with the big CN on the side: they have small sublettering for either IC or GTW on the sides of the cab.

I find that hard to believe. The last time a GMD1 was around town the crews couldn't wait to get rid of it....it lasted all of 5 days down at Oakville before it was shipped back up to Mac.

Dan

Been to Oakville lately Dan? 1422 should be still there :P

Been to Oakville lately Dan? 1422 should be still there :P

I know 1422 is still at Oakville....I saw it on Sunday.

My point was that the last time another GMD1 was here (about a year and some change ago) all that was heard was griping from the crews about it, and it was sent back west in short order.

Dan

I know 1422 is still at Oakville....I saw it on Sunday.

My point was that the last time another GMD1 was here (about a year and some change ago) all that was heard was griping from the crews about it, and it was sent back west in short order.

Dan

From what I heard Dan, it's all changed..alot of the hoggers like it because of the 360 cabview plus she holds the rail fairly well when they went to pull and spot the bucks at the Ford Plant on a grade, she pulled all 8 tracks (32 loaded multis) for departure then shoved 32 mty multi's back up to spot all 8 tracks again.