LF60

Transit Related Dreams

Yesterday I had a dream about going through a scrapyard (don't remember what I had been there for in the first place). Anyways, I see what looks like an OC Transpo fishbowl in the back, looking in extremely sad shape. I went to take a look at the inside of the bus and it just looks like a tornado went through the thing. I take some photos on my phone and go on my way.

After that, I took a bus to get home. It turned out that the bus I was riding back home had been the last Orion VII hybrid in service before they were all retired. I had recorded the trip not knowing that this bus was special in a way. Good thing I did.

• Like 1

I had one last night where my friend (Reese) and I were at an auction in Sacramento. There was an early 80's Orion I with a DD 6V53T and a 4-speed manual transmission. He won it for $900 and he drove it directly after the auction. I rode it with him and it was hauling ass lol. The paint scheme was white with green & red stripes.

I had another dream last night that I was working at Neoplan USA Corporation in Lamar Co receiving 9,600 paychecks for exporting 4,977 Neoplan USA AN430A, AN435A, AN440A and AN460A Transliners to The Bahamas for Bahamas Bus and Truck dealership in Nassau . The Neoplan AN430A costs $75,900, AN435A costs $95,400, while the AN440A and AN460A Transliners costs $43,600 including 5 to 10 year warranty bonus. One day, the jitney bus drivers were demonstrating the Buses and they were in good condition and they were replacing older Mitsubishi Fuso Rosa Buses what had suffered frame problems . 

• Like 1

I had a dream I was in Halifax at the VIA station. Halifax had also launched a commuter rail service. The trains were locomotive hauled and had the Bombardier bi level coaches like GO Transit and other commuter operators use. However, they had extra large windows. The train looked like it had 7 coaches hauled by a locomotive that looked like an F40.

The train was painted in a livery that was a cross between the West Coast Express and NorthStar. However the first three coaches were wrapped for Home Depot as part of a contest.

Last night (Sunday morning): Me and some friends (I think @PCC Guy was there too) go into the subway at Main, I hear the westbound train arrive and sprint downstairs (nearly sliding down the railing), and get on the last pair of cars which are wrapped in a full body wrap like some of the TRs, basically an assortment of colors, predominantly dark purple, with the interior ads & floor/seats matching the theme. Along the way, I noticed one of my friends waving at me from the next car, and was going to change cars at the next stop. As the train entered Greenwood, I saw (through 5-6 cars) a figure of a person infront of the train, that looked like a dummy that was deliberately placed there. It was flattened by the train. As the doors opened, I noticed there was another track between the train and the platform, forcing passengers to walk across the tracks and step over the 3rd rail and then climb the platform. I was wondering what will happen next, then it was announced that the train is out of service. I wanted to film the wrapped pair of cars, only to find that somehow I ended up above ground at night with a full Moon watching a pair of cars that looked like they're made of copper, coupled to a freight train.

One of the most interesting & bizarre dreams I've had, and as is often the case, the logic & plot of the dream makes zero sense in reality.

Edit: found something that perfectly illustrates what the wrapped T1's looked like, a lot like 5756 once did.

Edited by 81-717

Last night, I had a dream that the 1 California had to detour. The ETIs were dual diesel just like the Bredas in Seattle. That 6V92 was roaring up the hill. This whole dream was different. The The 2 came back all the way to the V.A Hospital with some really throaty Neoplans. None were refurbished. I was foaming for a good hour. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had a dream when TTC employees were restoring bus 8058 (1975 GM T6H-5307N). Some parts of the bus looked like it was modified.  They were restoring the bus quickly as possible.  Bus 2252 (1982 GM T6H-5307N) was also there.  I had my camera with me and 2252 was moving around in a garage.  I started to followed it, but it was gone.  Dream ended.

• Like 1

I had a dream the first of TTC's New Flyer electric buses had been delivered. It was numbered 7361. (They'll be 3700-3719 in real life). I also saw the green demonstrator nearby.

Had one last night where I was somewhere near Los Angeles Airport, and the airport shuttle system was running 1989 Gillig Phantoms with DD 6V92TA's/Allison HTB-748's. There paint scheme was yellow like Cambus's (University of Iowa) paint scheme. There was also a 1990 Gillig Phantom painted very similar to Sacramento PD's Gillig Phantom, which is Ex-Sacramento RT 9005, but it had a screaming Allison instead of a Voith. I'm pretty sure I was going nuts in the dream. Apparently there was also a couple of Ex-Pace 1991/1992 Ikarus USA 416's running there with their 6V92TA's as well. A friend of mine apparently worked one and tried to bring one over to me so I could ride it.

I had a dream that I was in Burlington and they had built a zoo. At this zoo was what looked like a streetcar line though people were calling it a monorail. They had a Flexity streetcar similar to TTC's Flexities but it was apparently standard gauge and painted blue and orange. I then heard that possibly due to Doug Ford that funding for the "monorail" was cut and watched them put the Flexity into a barn hearing it was going to be scrapped.

I was waiting for a southbound train at North York Center (NYC) station, and when I heard a train approaching I walked towards the front (south end) of the platform, then realized the train sounded like an H4, and when I peaked into the tunnel I could see that indeed it was an H4 (at first I thought it must be a workcar, but since workcars basically never go full speed I knew something else was going on). I ran back to the north end of the platform and pulled out my phone to start filming, and a 6-car H4 set pulled into the station. Considering how special the sighting was (H4 in service on line 1, in 2019), I was excited to have captured it on video, then realized (while still dreaming, half awake) that it's a dream and that the sighting will disappear as soon as I wake up and open my eyes, and no video evidence will be left either:(

• Like 3

I had a dream all the preserved BBC trolleybuses had been brought to one place and I photographed them. I was hoping to go for a ride. I left and came back 30 minutes later and all of them had gone out for a run.

I later saw an older D40LF painted in the older Kitchener Transit livery numbered 16.

Had one recently where there was a festival outside my house, and all of a sudden a Gillig Phantom School bus that was in service came by. I ran after it when it took off and everyone was laughing so much at my reaction. I eventually caught it and rode it all the way to Sacramento with the kids on board. The bus ended its run at the Sacramento airport, which was ironic because my dad in real life was visiting Sac at that time due to work. The bus was a circa 1987 Phantom Schoolie with a non-DDEC 6V92TA/Allison MT-647. It was numbered 19 and had a very strange school district name.

I had a dream that someone had acquired 5300/01 from HCRR as well as H-6s 5896/97 and were running them on the CN York sub. I saw them pass on the bridge above Duffern.

• Like 1

I just had a dream while taking a short nap about how OC Transpo still had a MCI Classic remaining in service in 2019. I remember boarding the bus on the 14 route and riding it back home. I got off at the last stop which is where the bus route ended. I stayed behind a bit and observed what it was doing. I took some photos of it and a short video as I would most likely never see the thing again. A few minutes later, it drives off to begin another route 14 trip.

This is where the dream ends.

• Like 1

I had a dream that Hillcrest got covered in snow. It was deep enough it covered fishbowl 8058 that was still waiting for a spot in Harvey. Fortunately it was soon dug out and 8058 wasn't affected.

I had a dream last night that I was visiting Neoplan USA Corporation Plant in Lamar, CO for the grand re-opening. Neoplan USA introduced their new 2019 Neoplan Cityliner demonstrator at Denver RTD yard and they will refurbish their 2001 Neoplan USA AN345/3 Metroliners with Mitsubishi Fuso Diesel engines and they will be exported to Germany for $125,360 including Mitsubishi Fuso Rosa. 

Had a dream last night where the Crossrail Elizabeth Line opened on time and I was one of the first to ride it. Oh well, it's going to be well over a year late in the real world, sigh.

Yesterday I had a dream that I ran for a southbound train at Bloor and missed it, and there was also a northbound train leaving the station. Once the train I just missed also left the station, the next northbound train arrived, and it was a T1 (5344 I think). I wanted to run for it but unfortunately wouldn't make it to the other side in time.

Last night, I had a dream about VHSgoodiesWA3 and I was visiting the estate sale at my hometown in Lamar. CO . When I went there, I was looking at the VHS, beta and betamax collection tapes of Neoplan USA Corporation from 1981-2006. In 1984, a further plant was added in Honey Brook, Pennsylvania.  This one had the founding of the Neoplan USA Corporation Plant Ground Breaking Ceremony, another had the opening ceremony of the 4th plant in 1984, in Honey Brook, Pennsylvania and introduction and Demonstration around the Neoplan USA Corporation Plant Test Drive Facility. When we purchased 9 VHS, 36 beta and  49 betamax collection tapes from the estate sale, these were cost $45.55 for each package. When VHSgoodiesWA3 posted a video of Neoplan USA Corporation Plant online, his videos had 12.5K views including the deleted scenes of 1981-2006 Mitsubishi Fuso Rosa vs. Neoplan USA buses were drag racing from Lamar to Denver, CO and the Neoplan USA Corporation Headquarters in Denver is still in business as of 2019. 

I had one the other night where I was at the Pacific Bus Museum and they somehow acquired an Ex-Citybus (Lafayette, IN) Exx-SamTrans 1990 New Flyer D60. The bus was pretty beat up and missing parts, however it was still operational. It was going to be taken on the road for a work party. The designated driver gave me permission to drive it, however I almost crashed into a parked car.

Yesterday I had a dream of buying the school bus I rode to school for about a year.  Unfortunately, it’s probably scrapped by now.

I had a dream the TTC's Proterra buses had arrived and at least one was in service. I also saw a Build Your Dream demo bus. I heard YRT might also be getting some Proterra/BYD buses.

I then ended up in California and was by an Amtrak station.