LF60

Transit Related Dreams

Had a dream that I was flying from Toronto to Croatia (like last year) at night and as we were taking off, two people on board got into a fight over an argument about a sports game, and one of them ended up breaking a window open (like in the Russian comedy film "Italians in Russia"). We were still relatively low above ground (a few hundred m, maybe a km), and already the plane began to slow down and descend, before landing safely on the ground (in the middle of a field, but with a landing strip nearby) as an emergency landing. As much as I'd love to just sit back and enjoy flying, it can be very difficult, hearing about plane crashes on the media, and the thought of it happening to anyone makes me too uncomfortable to comprehend. I couldn't believe what was happening in my dream, but at the same time I knew I was very lucky because it could've been a lot worse. We landed pretty far east of Toronto (either Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, or something like that) and were told that we'd have to take a train back to YYZ to get on another plane to Europe.

I had a dream last night that I went to a reopened Michigan Central Station which had rebuilt it's shed. For some reason I boarded an eastbound DDOT 19 from one of the platforms and once I got into downtown Detroit for some bizarre reason I was teleported to an identical-looking train station...in Chicago.

After having to endure a huge crowd, a restored CTA 6000-Series train (painted in their bicentennial scheme) arrived and I got on the train, which somehow had white walls and aisle seating. While describing this on my cell phone, the train began moving right down various streets towards the Chicago Loop as if it were a bus. Then as we entered the Loop proper, we suddenly turned into a loading bay area that opened up (like something you'd see out of Star Trek or Star Wars) to reveal a subway tunnel portal.

As we went through that portal, there was...to make this even weirder...an entire TTC Gloucester subway train passed us heading in the opposite direction, all while I heard the Rush song "Twilight Zone" blaring from somewhere. It turned out that a movie about Rush was being filmed at that exact time and I somehow managed to land a role in the movie as an extra!

I had a dream I got to ride a Gloucester work train on the subway. However, for some reason, one of the cars was restored to the passenger G-1 livery. A TTC supervisor got me on the train for hassling me in the past and this was her way to apologize.

I was riding on the Yonge line towards Finch. At Bloor several other transit fans boarded the train. I only remember DJ Orion being one of them.

Had a dream that 3411 was really a hybrid artic, and I spotted it on the 506 at Yonge & Dundas going east (even though Dundas is really 505), but didn't bother getting on because I had to go up to Yonge & Finch.

On Night of Dec 30, 2018 I dreamed that I was at Square Cabot near Atwater metro and there was a 40-xxx bus from the year 2020! I didn't catch what line it was, but the bus was not painted, and was all white. The model  number could have been 30-xxx or 39-xxx but I just knew it was from the future. (That part of the dream was not very clear)

• Like 1

Was dreaming last night about Muni Neoplan AN440's running around in my neighborhood, and then I went nuts in the dream when AN460's (which in real life are all retired) started showing up in service. I've had a couple of other previous dreams where I was riding Muni Neoplan AN460's.

Last night in a dream I was walking by the SF Caltrain station (to go sky diving of all things) and there were 2 parted out Gillig Phantoms parked in front of the station. I presumed that one was Ex-LACMTA, Exx-Foothill, a circa 1994 Phantom and the other one was kinda unknown. After coming back from sky diving (I literally landed by the Caltrain station), the was an auction going on for junked vehicles right in the middle of the street. Those Phantoms were part of the auction. I think the Foothill one had some old numbers that came from John Hopkins College in Maryland (which is ironic because they had Ex-County Connection Phantoms instead of a Foothill Phantoms with fairly similar specs). There was a 3rd Phantom at the auction (in front of the train station) that looked familiar, almost like Butte County Transit, but when I walked up to it, it turned into a car when I was going to lift up the engine compartment. By the end of the dream, a scrapper I knew of was there and I said hi to him. He was sitting in the doorstep of one of the Gillig Phantoms.