LF60

Transit Related Dreams

11 hours ago, Ontario_Transit said:

Last night I dreamt about all of the TTC Orion VII's that were recommissioned and the NovaBus units were set on fire. I took 7692 for a drive and got cornered by about 20 NovaBus/Prevost repair vans in a No Frills parking lot. They drove into me and I just start weaping like a bitch for like 15 minutes. 

Ok... Wish that happened to our NovaBus LFSes back when they were still in service, and our NovaBus Classics got recommisioned again.

Now for my dream.

I was driving an OC Transpo bus. This bus was an D60LF, an ISL one to be exact. I drove it all the way around the city. I remember loving the engine sound. I then parked it in St. Laurent Garage because it needed to rest for the next day.

I then go back home and go to a scrapyard. I find 9253, which was one of our Orion Vs from 1992. I go inside the bus and take photos. The outside was extremely rusted. The last thing I remember is that the bus still had the engine intact.

Last night, I dreamed that Me and Ra’akone (we're friends in real life) were walking from a Train Station with no name (It was supposed to be Dorion) to the Vaudreuil train yard, to take a train to Hudson. Problem is, as we were arriving at the train yard station, the train was pulling away. I had to run, to get on a train car, but they were all blocked by pillars. I had to run around them, and try and get to one of the doors, but the train was moving too fast. So I think in the end, me and Ra’akone ended up walking. Since I couldn’t get on.

This is the second or third time I've dreamed about that train yard. For some reason, the Ile aux tourtes Bridge was all train tracks in a previous dream.

I had a dream when I bike riding and then I was at an unknown TTC garage.  There was 2253 (1982 GM T6H-5307N).  I took a walk around the bus.  Also in my dream I saw 94xx (1996 Orion V), 8184 (1977 GM T6H-5307N) inside the garage.  I saw 2253 (#2) driving by and bouncing up and down on a highway.  I said to my self "I want to ride on those buses."  And then TTC employees were coming after me.  I used my bike helmet to defend myself.  Dream ended.  

I had a dream that YRT came up with a new livery that looked like the Niagara Falls Transit livery and I saw a few D40LFs in the new livery. I then saw Orion 5 #310 in the new livery as well plus another Orion 5 in YRT's current livery {in real life}. (YRT retired their last Orion 5s last year).

I just had a dream about OC Transpo getting rid of their D40is. They said that they were unreliable and caused issues. Instead, OC said that they were getting lots of LFS buses to replace them one by one. I remember going to look for an Invero to ride it one last time. I get on the bus and ride home. When I got off the bus, I recorded it going by. The next day, I go by the garage to see the buses. The same exact bus was sitting there going in for a minor repair. I go inside and take photos of the bus.

That is where the dream left off.

I had a dream I rode the most messed up bus. It was double decker with an open top, but also had a "bird nest" in the middle of the upper floor, which was where the driver say (although there was also a "conventional" cab) I boarded thinking it was a transit bus, and passed through a neighborhood where the power was out, the driver refused to stop where there wasn't light. Pretty soon the sun rose, and I was told it was a tour bus, but he still accepted transit fare.

During one I had last night, I decided to check out some sort of car show in downtown Detroit, so I for some reason teleported to Eureka and Dix-Toledo in Southgate. 2016 SMART BRT 3654, painted entirely in green (3654 is actually painted in Wayne State University livery), arrived on a northbound 125 but the destination sign was blank. Regardless, I boarded, then it suddenly began driving strangely, even driving onto random residential streets. Realizing I would not be able to even reach Outer Drive by that point, I got off at the very same stop I had got on, then I noticed 2017 SMART BRT 3719, which was a hybrid and painted in Wayne State University livery (the 2017 BRTs are diesel and 3719 is actually assigned to the Oakland Terminal, is assigned to Fast Woodward and was painted in University of Michigan livery before it was wrapped for Fast service). I then tried to reboard 3654 once I noticed that it's destination sign was working again, but the driver wouldn't let me.

I have a recurring dream that for Waterfront Festival, Belleville Transit purchased som former TTC New Looks to handle the extra riders. The buses still have the TTC livery but a city of Belleville logo painted over. Everytime I get my camera to photograph the buses, my battery runs out.  

A dream about STO for a change...

I dreamt that they bought the D60LFs off OC Transpo and used them in service. I thought that was interesting since they are only allowed to buy from NovaBus.

The D60LFs had been painted in the original STO stripe livery. I rode on one of them and they turned out to be the exact dame inside with no changes. I then get off and start recording the bus. When I start recording, the bus driver stops and tells me to go away. I told him that it's public property. He said that he will call the cops. I told him that he cannot do that and he ended up stopping.

Just had one last night where a bunch of SF Muni Neoplan AN460's came back into service and were all on my home routes. I was going nuts in the dream and was actually passing up Neoplans left and right because there was one going the other direction heading towards the layover that was super throaty. I wanted to catch that one. Some buses like 6299 were repainted silver & red while other had the original paint, such as 6220. (however in real life it would have been the opposite). 6299's license plate was weird and said something like PCR 1236 480 or some other random numbers. They were based out of a new division in the East Bay called... Sh*tsland. :P 

I had a dream I was at a Wendy's in Oakville near the Petro Canada plant and I saw someone had bought TTC fishbowl #2370 and renumbered it back to 8870. Other than the number reverting to its original number, it looked the same as it did when it retired.

• Like 1

Literally a convoy down Number 3 Road in Richmond of D40LF attached together like train cars and being driven as a 410.

I had a dream that the H-series cars were back in service. I wish that was real though.

• Sad 1

I had a dream that I had bought R8010 and that I stored it behind my dad warehouse so that I could do some interior work and some engine work to it. So I was about half way done all of the work and I go home for the night. the next morning I find a bunch of fire trucks around the bus trying to put out a fire around the back end of the bus. After the firefighters finished putting out the fire they gave me the report and it said that the bus had an engine fire. I though to my self, thats impossible because the last time I drove it was about a month ago when I brought it here and I had drained the bus of all its fluids. I then decided to start fresh so I brought an other D60LF, 8015, from Translink and restored it and I decided to open a Translink transit museum so every couple of months I would purchase either one of translink D60LFs, D40LFs or even busses that haven't even started to be retired like the LFS and the Orion's. About three year since I purchased my first bus, my bus museum contain 2 D60LFs, 3 D40LFs, 3 LFS, 1 LFS HEV and 2 Orions (1 from 2001 and 1 from 2008). One day I got an email from translink asking me if I would like to be in charge of all of the VTC so I was like of course. I then decided that the 41 would be and artic route while UBC is in session and the rest of the time it would run D40LFs. The D40LFs would see service on other routes but there would never be a Nova on the 41 ever again. There would also be a new route, 38 UBC/ Marine drive station which went from UBC via South West marine drive all the way to Marine drive station and that VTC now operated the 49. The 49 had a fleet of 20 D60LFs  and 10 2012 XDE60 and the 41 had a fleet of 15 2012 XDE60 and 10 D60LFs and 15 D40LFs

Dreamt that there was a Japan-style highspeed train standing at the northbound platform at Davisville (belonging to VIA Highspeed Rail, but for some reason being tested on the subway network), I started filming it from the southbound platform as it left the station, then a southbound T1 showed up, but didn't arrive at the southbound platform, instead continuing along a third express track located between the north & southbound tracks (like in NYC). I was excited to have filmed such a unique sighting, then I woke up...

Today I had a dream of being back in Budapest, on line M3 at the southeast terminal station (Kőbánya-Kispest), and for some reason I decided to take a bus to the next station (or the one after it). When I got back on the subway there was an interesting combination of refurbished 81-717.2K cars (leading the train) with unrefurbished 81-717 cars (in the middle of the train). And for some reason, the refurbished 81-717.2K cars had the same interior as the unrefurbished cars (cream/brown woodgrain color scheme instead of the modern blue-white scheme).

In reality, all cars have been rebuilt into the 81-717.2K model as of April, and use completely different technology (incompatible with the 81-717).

I had a dream that I was in what looked like a college dorm room with someone who worked for designing an extension to the Ion line in Kitchener that would have at least one underground station only for this person to get a call saying he was off the project because he hadn't passed a course or something. This person left the room and I saw he was looking at a book with colour photos of CLRV 4002 and PCCs 4536 and 4545 in their 1984 "Happy Birthday Toronto" livery.

During a dream that I had last night, I was looking at SMART's website tracker and one 160 run was being done with a 2002 Gillig starting with 224 (forgot the last two digits), but the other 160 run was being done with a vehicle numbered 22300...which has never existed.

I had a dream that I was near Jasper and watched VIA's Canadian passed by. 

I was later in Montreal at Angrignon and learned that Electric LFS #36-902 was on route 36 on the 5:01 pm departure and I knew that an electric LFS is usually on the 5:31 trip so I figured that one of the other electric buses will be on the next trip.

For those in Montreal, has STM ever run more than one of the electric buses on the 36 at a time?

During a dream that I had two nights ago, I was in Chicago and was riding the CTA Blue Line, which for some reason had...

-much smaller railcars

-station ceiling hights quite more similar to Washington's Metro

-I was boarding from a station on Lake Street near where the line curves northwest to run under Milwaukee Avenue, which would place this station in...of all places...under the Chicago River

I slept in this morning and dreamt I was in Montreal, riding alone in an Azur set on the Yellow Line from Longueuil. However, instead of the expected terminus at Berri-UQAM, the train went to a rather tiny, unknown and unmarked station with a separate platform along the main line just long enough for the train, which I discovered was only three cars long. I emerged onto a narrow island platform and as it turned out, what appeared to be the stairs to the station exit was on the platform opposite the main line tracks and the only way to reach it was to cross at track level via a depression in the platform edge. However, the unpredictability of train arrivals (there were no Metrovision screens anywhere around) made this a challenge, and mere moments after I crossed to the other side, I suddenly heard and felt a rumble and a mainline train pulled in, blocking my sight of the opposite platform.

And here's where things got way more interesting: Once the mainline train left, I spotted a person on the other platform, holding a suitcase. When I called to him, it turned out to be the operator of the train I had arrived on. Naturally being curious to find out what was in his suitcase, I quickly and recklessly crossed the tracks again to inquire, and the kind operator pulled out a LCD multi-function display unit made by Thales. He took me into the cab, explaining that the Metro was having its signalling system upgraded to ERTMS, pointing out the new Eurobalises installed on the track. After some electrical connections, the display showed the ETCS cab signal indication, and I had reason to believe it was just a hoax.

But just when the train was about to depart (with me still in the cab with the operator), I woke up in the real world and as I got out of bed, somehow felt that the Metro did deserve a signalling upgrade, but could still not convince myself whether this could be done with ERTMS.

I had a dream either last night or the night before that DDOT was renumbering additional routes because they decided to add additional routes to their ConnectTen system (and probably renaming it to reflect the new routes too).

Last night, I had a dream that the older buses came back into revenue service. I was walking at a slow pace on Geary street. Then I hear a 6V92TA roaring up Geary. I was going nuts when I saw 9106 pass by on the 38R. Then I get 9120 on the 38R. When I walked into the bus, I had the biggest grin on my face. That 6V92TA put me into heaven. I rode 9120 all the way to downtown. Once we make the left turn onto Market and 3rd, Three D40s and one D901 pass by. Then, I see a brand new Neoplan AN440 testing.