CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! Please report any issues here.

LF60

Transit Related Dreams

you know you think about transit too much when you start to dream about it. have you had any transit dreams that you'd like to share with us? I'll start

last night I had a dream that I stole a bus :lol: a TTC Orion VII. I drove it up onto some jacks, specifically jacks not designed to make removal of the bus easy. I then went for a walk for some reason, and saw another TTC bus pass me by, an odd one, numbered 9XXX, but the front looked like an Orion VII, but the rear looked kind of like a boxy CLRV. Anyway, my sister appeared out of nowhere, and told me I should go back to the bus and tell the cops what happened, so that's what I did.

then just now I had another dream. my grandparents had paid for a double-articualed bus to stop at thier house to pick me up from my trip to visit them, but I had to grab my bags to get on the bus, but the driver wouldent stop long enough and just started to take off! I ran to catch the bus and he opened a door for me, but when I got to the front of the bus to ask him to stop for a minute, he kept answring me sarcasticly. the other passengers sitting near the front looked disgusted with what he was saying. at one point I said "how much does this cost" thinking I'd pay for him to stop, but he just said "I dunno, why dont you ask the terrorists". I got so frustrated he was not listening to me and not helping me, that I yelled "JESUS CHRIST! HELP ME" and thrust my had at his shoulder to turn him around to face me - which is when my hand impacted the wall and I woke up. I was so upset I punched the wall out in the real world :P

two bus dreams in two days. anyone else ever dream about transit and/or busses etc

I had one last night. There were reindeer everywhere, and their antlers were trolleypoles and they were running along underneath the OH.

I get transit related dreams ALL the time. As if I don't get enough of it during waking hours. :lol:

I had a dream a few nights ago. I was driving ex Niagara Transit fishbowl 14 because Eric was out of town. One of his friends drove up in another fishbowl and asked why I was driving his bus. I then went in search of a gas station to replace the amount of gas that I used in my joyride so Eric wouldn't know.

Maybe I've been playing Grand Theft Auto a bit much... :lol:

I wonder what Freud would say.....

Dan

Well, we all know his two opinions, either death or...well...anyone who knows about him would know the other one. Boone's case would of course be death and...well...everyone can speculate the rest

Dreaming about railway lines, trains, etc. usually portends some future travel.

I do remember many years ago dreaming about standing on a Metro platform where suddenly flood waters started filling up the track and platform area!

Another more recent one involved getting on an Old Look bus on route 62 in downtown Montreal-- a long-defunct route that I'd completely forgotten about until the dream resurrected it back to the surface!

Well, they say that under hypnosis you can be made to remember every meal you've ever eaten! A mind-boggling concept to be sure!

i had one about a month ago of standing beside a driver as we got a Orion VI back to the garage (although the drive looked nothing like st.catharines at all haha)

and about 3 months ago i had a dream that st.catharines put all it's new looks back in service

A few nights days ago I was railfanning with Martin Parsons, Mike Boone and Felix Poon. A train passed, I have no idea if it was significant, but a long way though the train an American Homeland Security officer appeared on the roof of an autorack and fired automatic weapons at us. We died. :lol:

A few nights days ago I was railfanning with Martin Parsons, Mike Boone and Felix Poon. A train passed, I have no idea if it was significant, but a long way though the train an American Homeland Security officer appeared on the roof of an autorack and fired automatic weapons at us. We died. :P

Anything with Martin in it (and death) is not a dream, it's a nightmare :lol: (j/k Martin).

Well, after checking the thread on the old board, I realized I didn't post this one. Mind you, it's somewhat frightening.

This dream was the second of two dreams I had that night. The first dream wasn't so much a nightmare, but it left me sitting bolt upright in my bed at 4 am, with one thought running through my head... and wondering if it had been true. It had nothing to do with transit... I had to shake myself to bring myself back to reality.

Then, I went back to sleep. I dreamed that somehow, I and two or three other individuals (faceless, in that they didn't resemble anyone I actually know, kind of like extras in a movie) managed to sneak into a bus garage. Once inside, we decided to take a bus out for a joyride, with every intention of returning it to the garage after we were done. I distinctly remember that the bus was Translink D60LF 8055. The picture I've linked to is how the bus appeared in my dream - at the time I was dreaming, 8055 had a full ad-wrap for Tourism Mexico, but in my dream it was not wrapped, it was just a simple sweep bus.

So we took 8055 out of the yard and had some trouble controlling it. I think we went over a couple of curbs, hit a few parked cars, and nearly tipped the bus a few times. But we kept going. Eventually, we decided to take the bus back to the garage. At this point, the others who had been with me disappeared, and I was driving the bus all by myself. I knew that I was somewhere fairly close to the garage when I came across a very steep hill that I had to go down. In my dream I sensed I can't have been about a block or two away from the garage gate... and as I started to coast down the hill, gathering speed, I was thinking I could make it back and park the bus without anyone knowing what had happened... when I crashed it.

I crashed 8055 right smack into the rear end of another Translink D60LF, 8093. It had been a pretty high-speed crash, but for some reason that I don't know, I survived it... and the other operator did not. The front end of 8093 ended up in a ditch, and EMTs showed up and everything, and there I was basically paralyzed thinking, I just killed someone. I killed someone. I don't remember what happened next, if anything... but I do know that I once again woke up trembling, still thinking to myself, I just crashed a bus, I just killed someone. It was really frightening. I don't know how to describe it, as I'm not a psychoanalyst, but anyone who's had a nightmare probably understands what I'm talking about.

Well, after checking the thread on the old board, I realized I didn't post this one. Mind you, it's somewhat frightening.

This dream was the second of two dreams I had that night. The first dream wasn't so much a nightmare, but it left me sitting bolt upright in my bed at 4 am, with one thought running through my head... and wondering if it had been true. It had nothing to do with transit... I had to shake myself to bring myself back to reality.

Then, I went back to sleep. I dreamed that somehow, I and two or three other individuals (faceless, in that they didn't resemble anyone I actually know, kind of like extras in a movie) managed to sneak into a bus garage. Once inside, we decided to take a bus out for a joyride, with every intention of returning it to the garage after we were done. I distinctly remember that the bus was Translink D60LF 8055. The picture I've linked to is how the bus appeared in my dream - at the time I was dreaming, 8055 had a full ad-wrap for Tourism Mexico, but in my dream it was not wrapped, it was just a simple sweep bus.

So we took 8055 out of the yard and had some trouble controlling it. I think we went over a couple of curbs, hit a few parked cars, and nearly tipped the bus a few times. But we kept going. Eventually, we decided to take the bus back to the garage. At this point, the others who had been with me disappeared, and I was driving the bus all by myself. I knew that I was somewhere fairly close to the garage when I came across a very steep hill that I had to go down. In my dream I sensed I can't have been about a block or two away from the garage gate... and as I started to coast down the hill, gathering speed, I was thinking I could make it back and park the bus without anyone knowing what had happened... when I crashed it.

I crashed 8055 right smack into the rear end of another Translink D60LF, 8093. It had been a pretty high-speed crash, but for some reason that I don't know, I survived it... and the other operator did not. The front end of 8093 ended up in a ditch, and EMTs showed up and everything, and there I was basically paralyzed thinking, I just killed someone. I killed someone. I don't remember what happened next, if anything... but I do know that I once again woke up trembling, still thinking to myself, I just crashed a bus, I just killed someone. It was really frightening. I don't know how to describe it, as I'm not a psychoanalyst, but anyone who's had a nightmare probably understands what I'm talking about.

Whoa, what a dream, At least in my dream, when I took ex Niagara Transit 14 for a joyride, I didn't crash it or anything. So Eric, if you're reading this, don't worry, I won't drive 14 unless you say it's okay! :lol:

But I just remembered a dream I had over 10 years ago. I was waiting for a subway in a station with platforms on opposite sides of the tracks, (like King for instance, but I don't remember which station).

Anyways, a train arrived into the station going the opposite way. I noticed that the third car was 5721, which had been repaired with a new Pseudo front after the August 11th subway crash, (instead of being retired.) Later, a train, (either H-2 or H-4) arrived going my way. The operator of the train was the operator of 5721 when it crashed into 5343 on August 11th. I could see the scars on the driver's face from that crash.

Well I've had my fair share of dreams.

In Vancouver we have this stretch of skytrain track between Columbia and Saperton station on the skytrain line. Well if you traveling northbound to Saperton Stn the tracks run elevated and right beside the Fraser River. Well it was late one night and I was riding a MK II train to Saperton Stn when the train reached REALLY high speed so fast that it never even stoped at Columbia Stn. So we zoom past Columbia and the lights on the train just all burnt out. Now on the MK II's the front and back of the train have a single seat with a window so you can get a really cool view of the city, which is were I was sitting. Then all of a sudden the train jumps the track and goes flying into the Fraser River. Somehow I managed to escape the train and get over to the shore when I hear a big BOOM! So I turn around and see a C40LFR on the road in flames. Then I just woke up. And now everytime I travel malong that stretch of tracks I just close my eyes and hope it's over soon.

The other dream was not as complicated but I got ran over by the Orion VII HEV test bus. And on the display sign it said "666 YOUR GRAVE".

I dont remember much, except that I was in "Lower St.Andrew" and was debating weather to take the train to "Lower Union" or "Lower Osgoode"

A few nights days ago I was railfanning with Martin Parsons, Mike Boone and Felix Poon. A train passed, I have no idea if it was significant, but a long way though the train an American Homeland Security officer appeared on the roof of an autorack and fired automatic weapons at us. We died. :D

You dreamed about me?? Odd!!!

I don't know if I should feel honoured, or look into getting a restraining order. :D

Very intersting.

Anyways, not a transit dream... but... VERY VERY... I don't know how to decribe it. Ironic? Maybe.

Right now a competitor of ours (Superstore) is expanding like nuts, and they have been stealing a lot of supervisors, and asst. managers from superstore. I dreamed I had a call from this competitor offering me a job there. I wanted to know how they got my phone number and they told me it was someone who I know who now works for them I had a feeling it was one of our asst. managers.

The next day I found out that that asst. managers had given her notice as she had a job at this competitor and was walked the day before.

You dreamed about me?? Odd!!!

I don't know if I should feel honoured, or look into getting a restraining order. :D

Very intersting.

I wondered who it was in the dream, then during a re-thinking of it, it was you. :D

I once dreamt that I was on board a Singapore Airlines 777-300 climbing out of Athens and suddenly a small Cessna crashed onto us... and I walked out of the wreckage unharmed and took the city bus to the hotel.. Strange dream

I have dreams sometimes of driving a bus. The latest one I had was I was driving a 1991 Orion V on either TTC route 113 Danforth or 20 Cliffside from Dawes Rd. to Victoria Park.

What's the matter with dreaming about buses and trains? If you spend a lot of time around something, it's going to make its way into your subconscious. I've dreamed about weirder things than transit.

Amen!

I wouldn't dream of anything else :D I do, but rarely enjoy those dreams that do not have trolleys in them. May all your (good) trolley dreams come true :D Trolley On !

This dream was when the H5/H4s were retired :):P I was on a YUS T1 entering St George when I saw a train. I look and suprisingly, I saw the back tou the last car and it was an H6s with the Downsview rollsign on the back. I was like wth.. Very wierd...

I had this one dream proir to OTA's HSR GM Artic charter in 2000, (where Artics 8203 and 8211 were chartered). I dreamt that on the GM Artic, we were in the countryside, and I looked out the right window of the bus and saw a tornado! I don't recall too much about it, though I don't think this tornado sucked up the GM Artic!

When the charter happened, I remember it was raining, but fortunately, no tornadoes! :wacko:

Here's my latest transit related dream. The H-4s were in the process of being retired and the TTS was having an H-4 farewell charter (like what they did with the Gloucesters and M-1s). Anyways, we headed into Lower Bay, except Lower Bay had more like a New York subway station with multiple tracks, (at least 8)! One of the other tracks had another train of H-4s on it. The TTC people on the charter mentioned the H-4 work trains and the remaining Gloucester grinder (which still hadn't been retired.) On a third track, an H-4 work train passed followed by the Gloucester, but I couldn't get the Gloucesters, even though I really wanted to! On another track, a train of T-1s passed.