My goof!  I forgot there were three 30' plus three 35' Dennis on the roster.  0102 and I believe 9059, 9915 were in the shop simultaneously.  I've spotted 0102 back in service recently.  Of the three buses, one had an electrical fault, one had a transmission failure, and one had a major coolant leak.  As far as I know, one has been decommissioned and has been/will be sent to Victoria.  I'll see if I can confirm.

5 minutes ago, greblos said:

My goof!  I forgot there were three 30' plus three 35' Dennis on the roster.  0102 and I believe 9059, 9915 were in the shop simultaneously.  I've spotted 0102 back in service recently.  Of the three buses, one had an electrical fault, one had a transmission failure, and one had a major coolant leak.  As far as I know, one has been decommissioned and has been/will be sent to Victoria.  I'll see if I can confirm.

No worries. The Street Side Guide lists 0102, 9059, 9060, 9906, 9914, and 9915 as the Darts in Comox as of January. It would be interesting to know which Dart(s) have kicked the can, and how long 9724 will last in Comox. I don't know if Comox has operated D40LFs before, they were always a small bus system until getting their Novas.

4 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Regional District of Naniamo Transit is limiting paper transfer and daypass will be able to be purchase on buses in September; 

https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/rdn-transit-to-do-away-with-paper-transfers-in-september/

Interesting. Maybe more systems across BC will go the same way as Victoria. It's actually become less hassle than the paper transfers. Yes, it sucks for somebody who's taking 3 buses going one way, but for most people, they think the Daypass is great! 

• Like 2

Made a day trip yesterday to Nanaimo. They'll be installing GPS on their Xcelsiors starting next week. There are four contingency units. 8112 8117 8107 and 8105. 8117 has a card sign on the window. Heard from the fleet manager out there that there will be new fareboxes installed. 

20180403_103719.jpg

• Like 1

"NextRide" is already installed and working in a few buses right now according to a Facebook post. 

Apparently an HTML5 website will be the platform used to track where your bus is. 

32235319_1795201610538084_5680723783791411200_n.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 6:59 PM, elib300 said:

Saw 9245 at the depot in Nanaimo on Monday. Anyone know anything about that?

Just talked to a Nanaimo driver and he says 9245 was in Nanaimo for refurbishing 

Just went to Nanaimo for a day.
Same old XN40s in Nanaimo, along with a few diesel Arbocs. The "NextRide" system is running on the XN40s, can't confirm about the ARBOCs. 
Drivers did complain about the location of their LCD screen, they said it was too distracting being up high. 

As for the actual NextRide system, seemed to work fine, buses showed up when the system said they were supposed to, and the stop announcement thing worked great. Overall the system works fine although it's not as good as it could be. I prefer Edmonton and Calgary's smart system more. 

20180810_133657.jpg

20180810_133653.jpg

20180810_114251.jpg

20180810_080835.jpg

2389 seems to have been transferred from the handy dart fleet to the community shuttle fleet

1048 finally has next ride installed

IMG_0556.thumb.PNG.dd367a6c84ef24c5dec989af7e6306f2.PNG

IMG_0554.thumb.PNG.c4ad78bd1c74fd1bc3a8c3011c9311da.PNG

On the wiki for RDN Transit, it says that there are two new XN40s being ordered this year. But where did that information come from? Something in me is skeptical... Mainly because it seems like RDN has settled on the ZF transmission for their fleet and yet all future orders across the province have been equipped with Voith ones. To me, it seems more likely that they'll get a batch of buses transferred over from Kamloops, just like what they have done in the past...

On 1/13/2019 at 8:31 PM, Millennium2002 said:

On the wiki for RDN Transit, it says that there are two new XN40s being ordered this year. But where did that information come from? Something in me is skeptical... Mainly because it seems like RDN has settled on the ZF transmission for their fleet and yet all future orders across the province have been equipped with Voith ones. To me, it seems more likely that they'll get a batch of buses transferred over from Kamloops, just like what they have done in the past...

Yeah, I agree with you, it says nothing about two new buses being purchased, it just says two new buses will be allocated to Nanaimo's Frequent Transit Network. New could be "new to Nanaimo" for all we know. https://www.bctransit.com/nanaimo/news?nid=1529702654924

To me, it seems more likely that they'll get a batch of buses transferred over from Kamloops, just like what they have done in the past...

17 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Yeah, I agree with you, it says nothing about two new buses being purchased, it just says two new buses will be allocated to Nanaimo's Frequent Transit Network. New could be "new to Nanaimo" for all we know. https://www.bctransit.com/nanaimo/news?nid=1529702654924

Using methods of deduction, you guys could confirm your speculations as true by reading literally one post above yours. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CV92 said:

Using methods of deduction, you guys could confirm your speculations as true by reading literally one post above yours. 

Also worth noting that an editor removed said "order" from the Nanaimo wiki page just now... I guess that solves my problem...

To me, it seems more likely that they'll get a batch of buses transferred over from Kamloops, just like what they have done in the past...

I believe if Nanaimo settled for zf transmission. It'll be best to switch the zf Kamloops ones to Nanaimo slowly not to affect service. Take the voith from Nanaimo slowly to Kamloops. 

Like. Example: Take 2 busses. Drop off. Same 2 drivers take two home. 

I like the fleet number 1111. Very easy to remember! 

The Bastion Street bridge in downtown Nanaimo is undergoing rehabilitation and seismic upgrades this summer, and will be closed to vehicles for a 6-week period. Meanwhile, the Prideaux Exchange a few blocks west of the bridge will be closed, with all buses rerouted to a temporary Downtown Nanaimo Exchange along the waterfront on Front Street. The detour came into effect on April 14, and buses are expected to resume using the Prideaux Exchange by the end of August.

Just went up to Nanaimo for the day and spotted a few things; 

CNG's transferred from Kamloops - 1046, 1050. Possibly more. 

2009 Polar shuttle #2210 still in service. 

3 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Just went up to Nanaimo for the day and spotted a few things; 

CNG's transferred from Kamloops - 1046, 1050. Possibly more. 

2009 Polar shuttle #2210 still in service. 

That must be why i saw Whistlers 1140 in Kamloops this past weekend then

Nanaimo has introduced temporary service to Duke Point Ferry Terminal; at this time of writing there's no Departure Bay/Route 2 ferry service as a result of Covid-19. 

Here's the FB/Tweet Post:

Due to reducing their services and closing Departure Bay ferry terminal, RDN Transit we will be offering temporary transit service to the Duke Point Ferry Terminal beginning Wednesday, April 15. 1f68c.png26f4.png
Full details and schedule here: https://bit.ly/2xkGWqQ